Hello from Holland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dutchfan

The Fly
Hello everybody!

I am a big fan ofcourse, and I am Dutch. The country the members grew te love over the years:):)

I can tell al lot about myself and my passion, the most important thing is that their music lifts me up when I am down. And makes me walk on clouds when I feel great!

I also love Ireland and since I met Bono nearby his house on vicoroad my life has turned for the better...:)

I would really like to mail with other fans or trade stuff.
I am 36 ( i know thats old......)
CU!
:kiss: Marga from Holland

dutchfan said:
I also love Ireland and since I met Bono nearby his house on vicoroad my life has turned for the better...:)
:drool: Details please....................

And 36 is not old. :no: :)

long stroy

A try in my best English!

I was in Dublin with my son. I wanted te show him the country and city I love.
So we walked around for 5 days. I knew that I wanted to see the Hanover Quai, there are/where the studios (going down in october) before they were gone. We also took the Cart (metro kind of thing) to Killiney, to take a picture of the famous gates of Bono's house. I was just to late because the gates were closing and a garbagecar came out. So we took pictures of the gate, the roadsign (streetname) and walked with the book of Dublin to another nice spot, Killiney mountain. We never saw the stairs up. But my son said * mum there comes Bono* and he isn't even a fan.... And there he was. Green baseballcap, sunglasses, old trousers with two kids. I said hello and told him I was Dutch and since 1980 a fan. He gave my sun a hand on his head over his hair, me a slap om my shoulder so to speak, a handshake en told me that I could have chosen better weather for a trip to Ireland (it just stopped raining and we were wet). I asked him for a photo, he said he was on familytime and I resepected that. I got another handshake, wishing me a nice holliday, and he walked further with his kids....he is shorter than me, i am 1.74. He is friendly, nice and normal.
The story goes on....
One day later we went to the studios (may 2nd) and I was trying to find them, there just buildings and nobody in that street tells you where they are. I made some pictures and knew I was right when I saw the Edge coming out of door one en going into door two.

I can tell you we had a great time!! We had lunch in The Clarence House (nice!!) and made pictures of The Kitchen.
Our hotel was 100meters away from Bono Hearing aids:):) It was an very nice holliday, the Irish are very Friendly people, I felt after 18 years since my last visit like I was coming home in Dublin, really the nicest city I ever visited (well Bono made is superspecial offcourse!!)
Why my life turned for the better..........my dream came true and it was great, in his surroundings and not at an meet and greet. I knew when I met Bono that my heart jumped, that I was very much alive!! And if he can make a differerence I can to !

Tnx for reading
:kiss: Marga from Holland.

Last edited:
Nice story, and welcome,.......

En je bent niet de oudste nederlandse fan,....ik ben 38.

leuk!!

te weten dat er ook Nederlanders zijn hier:) en ouderen, want dat is altijd weer afwachten
Enne.....kan ik jou dan om hulp vragen als ik als internetkneus weer eens iets niet weet?

Well guys that was dutch:):)

:kiss: marga

If you have questions about internet, you can alway`s ask. You can post them in dutch also, on the viva feedback part of this forum,..

...and this was English ( i hope ):angel:

great

company here!! And I know We are NOT old......but I saw all kind of young people with great things about U2, I had to join. And lucky me, there are also people my age:):)
Glad to be aboard. Going to sleep now:)
:kiss: marga

Back
Top Bottom