Hello from Finland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ava79

Refugee
So, I finally decided to come and introduce myself...I'm a shy girl, you know! :wink: I've been around for some time but now the world will find out more about me, myself and I! Or at least all of you wonderful, crazy interference people!

I am Ava. No, that's not my real name, but close enough. I'm not the kind of girl who'll tell her real name on the first date...or at the first visit in the Babyface cafe! And I'm from Finland, as some of you may have guessed from the subject. Finland then, it's the small country in northern Europe, known for Nokia, Santa Claus, Mika Häkkinen, ice hockey and four beautiful seasons. The current season is known as snow, ice and freezing cold - winter. It's snowing right now!:yes:

I am 25 years old, although there is never a good enough reason to know a girl's age or ask about it. At the moment I'm looking for a job, but I'm in no hurry - I've been working and studying like mad for most of the year.:huh: I've studied art and cultural history. among other things, and in the future I'd like to study sociology. And a whole lot of other things, as I'm so curious and will probably never find my dream job as there could be so many of them. My hobbies include reading, going to the movies and theatre, painting and drawing, travelling (I've been to 10 countries so far, favourites being Ireland and France) and spending time with my friends. I live with my parents but not for long anymore, I'm moving out in the beginning of next year.

And now to my favourite subject...no, it's not fishing but U2! Who would have guessed! :wink: I've been a fan since 1997 although I've always liked them. But something strange and wonderful happened when I bought Pop - I lost my heart and I still haven't found it! I like all about U2, most of all Larry!:larry: No, seriously, their music is better than anything, it makes me feel and think and...it makes me feel alive. I've been lucky enough to see them live three times on the Elevation tour, the best gig was at Slane. No words can describe that. And I've kind of met them too, in Sweden, in front of their hotel. I didn't ask for autographs or anything, just smiled like a fool and took pictures. :love:

Huh, I told you I'm shy but let's see...I could go on and on and on! I obviously love talking about myself!:yes: I'm not going to make you read any more, go on and listen to the bomb!

It's good to be here!

Hi all! and thanks for your nice words:wave: I feel very welcome.

But I have to admit that I'm blushing now that I'm reading the things I wrote yesterday - I wasn't only introducing myself, I was trying to...sell myself, maybe? :ohmy: Or trying to start my whole life story. Or just simply make a fool of myself. I'm good at all of them.

My brains must be frozen. Do forgive me.

Anyway, it's good to be here and I
:bow: you all!

Hello Ava and welcome! I was also at Slane in 2001 and met Adam and Edge outside there hotel in Helsinki back in1997. It looks as thought they're not going to make it to Finland on this tour again!:sad: Have you checked out my 'newbie' page? I live in Talluskylä which is a small village 65 km east of Kuopio.:bono:

Hi Ava! you sound a bit like me! I live in Glasgow, Scotland so i know what it's like to feel frozen at this time of year, though there's hardly any snow. I'm always quite shy at first too but i can really get going when i know people! Your course choices sound very interesting subjects - stuff i'm into myself. Have you heard of the Open University? I've already completed an arts course with them & i will be studying a music course with them next year - hey that's only 2 days away now - HAPPY NEW YEAR early to you! :dance: I'd love to be able to visit Finland actually, despite the fact that a lot of people call it boring, but i reckon it's what you get out of any place to make it fun&interesting. Listen to me, i'm waffling on now! Anyway hope you have fun here&not care about making a fool of yourself. That's all i ever do! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom