Hello From Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Chic

Babyface
Hello,

I am another Canadian :wave:. There are a lot of Canadians on this forum!! I know that Canada was one of the first places where U2 became popular, particularly in Montreal where I was born and where I first heard their first singles in 1980/81.

I have been a long-time casual fan of U2, but, for some reason that I can't explain, I got back into them full force about a week ago by listening to some of their old songs on youtube and remembering how great they were.

I became a U2 fan in the early 80's with their songs New Year's Day, Two Heart's Beat as One and Sunday Bloody Sunday, all huge hits in Montreal at the time. Over the years, I was more of a casual fan following what they did with some interest.

I went onto youtube a week ago to look at some of their videos and interviews, which re-confirmed for me what a great band they are with a unique sound, unique guitar playing from Edge and melodic and poignant songs.

My favourite albums are: "Unforgettable Fire" and "Achtung Baby".

My favourite songs are: Bad, Unforgettable Fire, October, All I Want is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, The Fly, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Love is Blindness, Ultraviolet, Acrobat, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own.

I have never seen them in concert and hope to soon, although it seems to be very expensive.

:wave:Hello and welcome to Interference. If you are a fan you've GOT to make it to a show, they are unforgettable and you will instantly become hooked and understand why U2 fans travel the world to see their fantastic shows repeatedly. I've seen them 6 times last tour including twice GA once at their show in Hawaii. Amazing! :love:

Hi from a fellow Canadian.:wave: Welcome to the boards!

A big group of us are going to be visiting Montreal to see U2 on July 8 and 9. I have heard that they are amazing when they play there!! There are tickets in all price ranges!:D

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I think I will try to see them this year. I don't want them to break up before I see them live.

Back
Top Bottom