Hello from British Columbia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterious doll

The Fly
I've checked out Interference several times, but never posted before. Ever since my first U2 concert back on April 28th at GM Place I have been hoping to connect with more fans... I guess because I met so many cool people while hanging out in the GA line up all day. It's great to find so many people who actually like discussing the wide world of U2!

:happy: Hey there! I'm from BC, too and also new to this site. I'm from Kamloops (moved here just over a year ago) so finally live close enough to have made it to a concert, after all these years!! And what an awesome evening it was! The first of many more....:rockon:

I danced w/Bono during Mysterious Ways 04/28

Hey there! I'm glad I can talk to someone else who was there that night who saw this... I was the one who had that sign that read I JUST DITCHED MY WHEELCHAIR... WILL YOU DANCE WITH ME? Bono pulled me up for a dance during the tail end of Mysterious Ways after he read the sign!! It was unbelieveable, man.

By the way, I really was in a wheelchair and it has taken me an awfully long time in rehab to get out of it permanently. Lots of people thoght I might have made it up, so I just thought I'd better clear that up, ha ha!

:hyper:
Wow! That was so cool! I was sitting in one of the lower sections (great seats!) and watched with envy and you were pulled up onto the stage! I remember he said, "It pays to advertise"... what a wonderful memory for you to treasure forever!
It was an awesome show, wasn't it? I've been a fan forever but was never able to go before due to locations. I was nearly in tears several times that night just with the joy of finally seeing them. It was the best night of my life! What a light show! And the sound! They sounded so good!! Can't wait for my next chance to see them!
Tell me, what was it like being so close to Bono? Could you breath? :drool:

It was heaven!

Oh my goodness! I could barely believe what was going on when he finally came back around... He first noticed the sign just before they started singing Miracle Drug. I put it up and he stopped talking for a second to read it, then he said, "We'll talk later" (!) I started freaking then because I realized he knew where I was.

Next he incorporated the sign in the song Zoo Station. You know where he came out out he is supposed to sing, "I'm ready, I'm ready for the laughing gas..."? Instead he sang, "I'm ready, I'm ready for the BIG SIGN..." Everyone around me was screaming to give him what he wanted and to show him the sign, but then this girl yanked it down from me and told me to f*%# off. All I could think of saying back was "no" and I grabbed my sign back. Then these cool guys who were right against the barricade grabbed me and pulled me inbetween them because they saw what she had done. They told me to stay with them.

I was so choked at first because I thought I had missed my shot in getting Bono to really read this sign properly... but luckily he came back around our way for Mysterious Ways.

Dancing with him was about as exciting as dancing with that guy that you always wanted to dance with on the slow dance at one of your highschool sock hops, only this was a million times better and more intense. He is very strong and taller than everyone is always squacking about. I remember a writer in the 80's descibed him as having slapdash goodlooks - that description is still true. He's devilishly gorgeous, man! His eyes stare right through your soul. He smells divine... I MUST find out what cologne that man wears. What else can I tell you... oh yeah... Bono is a flirt, but he is a very POLITE flirt, if that makes any sense. He may love attention, but he is very respectful of his marriage and of you, no doubt about it... gotta love him even more for that.

What a super night for you, Mysterious doll.
I totally agree with you about his flirting and respectfulness. There is a line he never crosses, but he has fun and gives his fans a night they'll rememeber forever (right?). Not sure I'd have been able to do anything but stare at him if it were me! Wow.
Also, I totally agree... Bono's obvious love and respect for his wife is a huge part of what makes him even sexier to me....:wink:

Oh WOW! Hello everyone!!

This is sooo cool man! Forgive me, but I'm pretty new to the whole forum thing.

Hello to tiny dancer, SoBe, Barbie, youtooellen, susanp6, ~BrightestStar~, daygloeyes2 and egyptluvr. Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I have been on a couple of other forums and this one is by far the coolest.

Yeah... I was pretty furious at that exact moment.

She was with a bunch of people who were all wearing ONE t-shirts and they were all trying to tell me that I would never be allowed into GM Place with my sign, asking me if I was going to even TRY and bring the sign in, and that U2 doesn't like signs at their concerts. I was like was like, "What are you talking about?? Every bit of concert footage I have ever seen on video or DVD there has always been someone with a sign!"

Then when I went to go and make sure it would be alright to bring it into the venue with security, those people (including sign ripper chick), grabbed my sign out from where I had placed it and decided to use it for themselves for some shade. Unreal! It not okay for me to have it, but it was okay for them to use, apparently! - And while they were sitting there enjoying the shade it was providing, they continued to gripe about how I should not be allowed to bring it in... nice, huh?

Oh well, it all worked out in the end... perhaps Bono sensed the evil masses and made sure he kept away from them... Or maybe he saw that chick yank down my sign. At any rate, I don't care... I'm going to die happy, ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom