Hello from Birmingham, England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StoneRoses

The Fly
Hi, im from Birmingham in the west midlands in the UK. Im new to this Website and i think it's gotta be the best u2 website going.
I got into U2 in 2001 after seeing them recieve their outstanding contribution to music at the brit awards on TV.
Ive got all their albums and i have to say my favorite is Achtung Baby. I love all the songs on it and i think that the ZOO TV tour is the best tour they've ever done and will probably never do anything like it again.
Ive seen them live once at Twickenham in 2005. It's so hard to get tickets. Will definitely try and see them on the next tour.

Re: Re: Hello from Birmingham, England

TheQuiet1 said:

:drool: You clearly have excellent taste! :wink: Presumably you're a Stone Roses fan too? :up:

Yeah im a massive Stone Roses fan to as well as U2.
I think the Stone Roses could of been a very big group had they carried on. They were a very talented group of musicians.
I guess that's whats so unique about U2. They have been going for so long and not one of the band members have left, they still have the original line up and they never really argue with each other and are happy with there position within the group, so they continue to make excellent albums.

Re: Re: Re: Hello from Birmingham, England

StoneRoses said:

Yeah im a massive Stone Roses fan to as well as U2.
I think the Stone Roses could of been a very big group had they carried on. They were a very talented group of musicians.
I guess that's whats so unique about U2. They have been going for so long and not one of the band members have left, they still have the original line up and they never really argue with each other and are happy with there position within the group, so they continue to make excellent albums.

I think that's very, very true about U2. As for The Stone Roses who knows what would've happened if they'd stayed together? I think they would've certainly deserved big success though. :yes:

Welcome!
Ive been listening to the Stone Roses more than U2 this past year. I play "Break on into Heaven " all the time in the car. I wish I had seen them in concert back in the 80's-90's.
A reunion tour would make me a very happy woman indeed.:pray:

Hi stoneroses! I love u2, and I love birmingham too. I live pretty near there.. you get lots of great concerts at the carling academy!

:wave: Heya, I'm from London so we're not so far away :wink: You're so lucky you got to see them at Twickenham, the stadiums right next door to my college - I didn't manage to get tickets :sad: Ah well, next time :wink:

Hope to see you around on the board :up:

Total U2 Nut said:
:wave: Heya, I'm from London so we're not so far away :wink: You're so lucky you got to see them at Twickenham, the stadiums right next door to my college - I didn't manage to get tickets :sad: Ah well, next time :wink:

Hope to see you around on the board :up:

I had a job getting tickets myself. It's very hard but was well worth it in the end, was a great night!!
Can't wait til they come around again to.

Brum rules! I've done the Duran thing and gone to Broad Street on more than one occasion! It's a great place to party!! I've had some memorable times there (I say "memorable", but I'm not sure on some occasions! ;))

Back
Top Bottom