Hello Everyone! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Introduce Yourself in the Babyface Cafe
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2002, 09:15 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 03:45 AM
Hello Everyone!

Hi everyone! I am new here.
My name is Katelyn. I'm 16 years old and I've been a U2 fan for about 7 years or so. I'm definitely obsessed with U2! I live in Cleveland Ohio. I've seen U2 3 times- once for Popmart, twice for Elevation. I HELD BONO'S HAND! hehe. I love music, writing, hanging out with friends..and so on and so forth.

I just downloaded the new U2 song "Electrical Storm" and I absolutely LOVE IT! U2 is amazing!!

I guess that's all I have to say for now.

In the Name of Love,
Katelyn

Old 08-25-2002, 09:19 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Welcome to the Forum! See Ya Around!

Old 08-25-2002, 09:21 PM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Nice name!

You must visit PLEBA! Welcome!!!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 09:29 PM   #4
The Fly

Thanks!! I have a thing for guys in kilts. And I was at an Irish festival a while ago and was enjoying all the guys in the kilts..and I thought "Bono would look so SEXY in a kilt!". So i had to create a screen name (my aol screen name is xxbonoinakiltxx. haha
Just think of it..Bono in a kilt..wearing nothing but a kilt *drools*
that is heaven! heh oops. enough of that

thanks for the welcome!

~Katelyn
Old 08-26-2002, 02:22 AM   #5
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:45 PM
hi

@ your username
Old 08-26-2002, 12:21 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:45 AM
Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoInAKilt
I HELD BONO'S HAND! hehe.
Tell.Me.More.

Welcome! I'm also just 16 years old!

Bono in a kilt! With wearing nothing but the kilt?
Old 08-26-2002, 11:09 PM   #7
The Fly

Re: Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally posted by FallingStar

Tell.Me.More.

Welcome! I'm also just 16 years old!

Bono in a kilt! With wearing nothing but the kilt?
My experience of holding Bono's hand is like a dream. I was not expecting it AT ALL. I was on the outside of the heart, near the tip, right infront, against the security rail thingy. "Until the End of the World" is playing and there I am singing and crying. I was crying because one, this was one of the happiest day of my life. I'm at a U2 concert! second, I'm 2 feet away from Bono, not even! I was just incredibley happy. So I'm being me, singing and crying, and Bono is standing infront of me, with his back turned. I remember him turning around and I SWEAR HE LOOKED AT ME! I looked up at him and he was smiling and singing..and I just remember him reaching his hand to me...and I remember grabbing his hand...feeling his sweaty hand...and screaming "I love you Bono!" and other insane things. I think he kinda laughed at me. And then it was over. The rest of the concert was a blur. I was SOOOO happy. I didn't want to wash my hand!!! But we all know, I had to! But that was my experience! Now if I could only meet them! One day...

Anyways Can you imagine..Bono wearing a kilt, no shirt, and all the accesories that go with playing the bagpipes (the socks, the shoes, etc). I have the perfect picture! Bono standing somewhere in Ireland, infront of one of those beautiful green hills...him dressed in his kilt, holding the bagpipes, and just giving one of those sexy looks he is good at doing! hah

wow. I have way too much time on my hands...
I have to go clean the drool up now!

thanks for the welcome. and it's cool that you are 16 yers old as well. I hate when people say I'm too young to like U2 or something like that. Do you ever get that? I just hate getting comments about my age.

Dreaming of Bono in a kilt,
Katelyn
Old 08-27-2002, 09:43 AM   #8
Babyface

Local Time: 01:45 AM
Dont sweat the comments about your age. I'm 27 and I only WISH I had this awesome taste in music that I have now when I was 16. Consider yourself lucky!
Old 08-27-2002, 12:51 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: Re: Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:

My experience of holding Bono's hand is like a dream. I was not expecting it AT ALL. I was on the outside of the heart, near the tip, right infront, against the security rail thingy. "Until the End of the World" is playing and there I am singing and crying. I was crying because one, this was one of the happiest day of my life. I'm at a U2 concert! second, I'm 2 feet away from Bono, not even! I was just incredibley happy. So I'm being me, singing and crying, and Bono is standing infront of me, with his back turned. I remember him turning around and I SWEAR HE LOOKED AT ME! I looked up at him and he was smiling and singing..and I just remember him reaching his hand to me...and I remember grabbing his hand...feeling his sweaty hand...and screaming "I love you Bono!" and other insane things. I think he kinda laughed at me. And then it was over. The rest of the concert was a blur. I was SOOOO happy. I didn't want to wash my hand!!! But we all know, I had to! But that was my experience! Now if I could only meet them! One day...

Anyways Can you imagine..Bono wearing a kilt, no shirt, and all the accesories that go with playing the bagpipes (the socks, the shoes, etc). I have the perfect picture! Bono standing somewhere in Ireland, infront of one of those beautiful green hills...him dressed in his kilt, holding the bagpipes, and just giving one of those sexy looks he is good at doing! hah

wow. I have way too much time on my hands...
I have to go clean the drool up now!

thanks for the welcome. and it's cool that you are 16 yers old as well. I hate when people say I'm too young to like U2 or something like that. Do you ever get that? I just hate getting comments about my age.

Dreaming of Bono in a kilt,
Katelyn
Touching Bono's hand........ You're such a lucky person!

I don't know, Bono in a kilt has to be sexy, but I'd prefer him in a real Irish outfit than in a Scottish one....... ..........Bono under trees tending sheep? No - a kilt is a better idea.

Nobody has told me I'd be too young to like U2 here at Interference since here are a lot of young fans and outside of the net nobody knows U2 where I live, and if they know them they just say "Are these the four old men on stage?" I hate that, but never got stupid commrents for my love for u2.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:11 PM   #10
The Fly

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:

Touching Bono's hand........ You're such a lucky person!

I don't know, Bono in a kilt has to be sexy, but I'd prefer him in a real Irish outfit than in a Scottish one....... ..........Bono under trees tending sheep? No - a kilt is a better idea.

Nobody has told me I'd be too young to like U2 here at Interference since here are a lot of young fans and outside of the net nobody knows U2 where I live, and if they know them they just say "Are these the four old men on stage?" I hate that, but never got stupid commrents for my love for u2.
I ALWAYS get stuff about my age. I put up with a lot of it at school. I go to an all girls, catholic high school...haha that's right. I am surrounded by N'Sync, BSB, teen bopper little girls aaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day long. Someone, just shoot me in the head now. But I'm a junior now, so it's all good. But I always get crap that U2 is old and all that fun stuff for the students. Then I get stuff from my teachers "im suprised you know who U2 is.. I thought you were too young to know" i know its not that bad or anything..well the example i gave wasn't bad. but i always get stupid comments and i just wish everyone would stop. grr on everyone. But ya know, I've learned to ignore it..I've learned to run up and down the hallways singing U2 lyrics and shouting fun U2 things...its fun to do to the freshman. hah i'm such a nerd.
oh well. I love U2!

I've had "Electrical Storm" on repeat for the past 2 days! heh. I'm so in love with them!!

okay thats enough from me for right now.
I have homework to do.

Cheers,
Katelyn
Old 08-27-2002, 05:29 PM   #11
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:45 AM
HEHEHEHE, you're username is soo cool, im 16 too. and youre bono story, OOMMGGG, thats amazing
Old 08-27-2002, 11:22 PM   #12
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by AliTheFOADist
HEHEHEHE, you're username is soo cool, im 16 too. and youre bono story, OOMMGGG, thats amazing
I'm glad ya like my user name. I personally enjoy it as wel! hah. You're 16 too?! awesome!! Glad to find some fans my age.

My Bono story...I refer to it as my Bono dream! honestly, it's like a dream...but I agree, tis amazing. I NEVER thought something like that would happen to me..I've gotten used to the lucky ones always holding Bono's hand, meeting U2, etc.

Let me tell you about trying to meet U2. After the Elevation show in Cleveland..I go "who wants to meet U2? I know where to go!" and oh, guess whose idea got shot down. THAT'S RIGHT! mine! I was so PISSED. guess what we did instead...we went to a bar so they could have a drink. I cried the whole time! 1. they can have a drink anytime they want. they can't go meet U2 anytime they want! 2. I'm not "legally" old enough to drink I would have gone by myself to meet U2 but I had no money, i had no cell phone, i had no change to call for cab, they were my only ride home.
So then I go home upset..and the next day I talk to U2 fans in Cleveland who met them! WHATEVER! I thought my one friend would want to meet them because he is the one who got me into U2( it's okay that I'm madly in love with him as well. but that's a whole other story! heh)..he's a big U2 fan. I just don't understand...
Oh well!

Nothing calls, and I should be doing it! ~Darren Hayes

Cheers, Hugs , & Guinness,
Katelyn
Old 08-28-2002, 12:22 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That's strange cos I really never get such remarks about me being too young for U2 and so on - but believe me it is at least as annoying when you go to guitar lesson and have to tell your guitar teacher about U2 and The Edge!

Quote:
Let me tell you about trying to meet U2. After the Elevation show in Cleveland..I go "who wants to meet U2? I know where to go!" and oh, guess whose idea got shot down. THAT'S RIGHT! mine! I was so PISSED. guess what we did instead...we went to a bar so they could have a drink. I cried the whole time! 1. they can have a drink anytime they want. they can't go meet U2 anytime they want! 2. I'm not "legally" old enough to drink I would have gone by myself to meet U2 but I had no money, i had no cell phone, i had no change to call for cab, they were my only ride home.
So then I go home upset..and the next day I talk to U2 fans in Cleveland who met them! WHATEVER! I thought my one friend would want to meet them because he is the one who got me into U2( it's okay that I'm madly in love with him as well. but that's a whole other story! heh)..he's a big U2 fan. I just don't understand...
Wow, THAT's crap that nobody gave you a lift! You could have met U2 in person!
Old 08-28-2002, 05:13 PM   #14
The Fly

Quote:
That's strange cos I really never get such remarks about me being too young for U2 and so on - but believe me it is at least as annoying when you go to guitar lesson and have to tell your guitar teacher about U2 and The Edge!

Wow, THAT's crap that nobody gave you a lift! You could have met U2 in person!
I know. Thy deprived me of my ONLY dream...and it was the only dream that actually had a chance of coming true.
I'm NEVER going to go to a U2 concert with them again.

I wish I knew more U2 fans here in Cleveland...ones that are just obessed with them as i am...It would RULE to go to a U2 concrt with a bunch of hardcore fans...

oh well. I AM GOING TO MEET U2 IF IT KILLS ME!

Hugs'n'Guinness,
Katelyn
Old 08-29-2002, 12:13 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

I know. Thy deprived me of my ONLY dream...and it was the only dream that actually had a chance of coming true.
I'm NEVER going to go to a U2 concert with them again.

I wish I knew more U2 fans here in Cleveland...ones that are just obessed with them as i am...It would RULE to go to a U2 concrt with a bunch of hardcore fans...

oh well. I AM GOING TO MEET U2 IF IT KILLS ME!

Hugs'n'Guinness,
Katelyn
Yeah, it would defintely rule to go to a gig with hardcore fans.