hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elfyx

War Child
well, i can't believe i've gone and done it.. i mean joined the forum, lol. i've been a long-time lurker around here, as in.. well since the forum was in it's early days and all.. i remember interference going through so many different incarnations over the years! i did meet joel once actually, very briefly, in CA at this u2 fan gathering the night before an elevation show. he urged me to join the forum, well joel, if you are reading this, here i am! (yes, i know i'm a little slow :p ) anyhow, here i've gone and registered. now the only question is, will that urge me to participate in discussion any more than i have before (that being none at all)?

uh.. hmm so here's a little background on me, i suppose. my name is elfyx ti'syll, i am a zelyx elf from the mistwood mountains in the upper region of taris. for those who don't know very much about the geography of Gai, that's even further north and east of the desolation lakes that run parallel the great crack. i am a little far from home right now, as i am currently living across the galaxy in jersey city, nj (a spit across from manhattan) on planet earth. i am fairly young, only 114 years old (25 earth years, though) and have been sent on a mission of utmost importance - no not study humankind or anything like that - but instead to seek out the best beer in the galaxy. now, granted, Gai is known throughout the seven sectors as having some of the finest brew known, however our dwarven friends have an unquenchable thirst for the variety of life, especially as expressed through ale, and seeing as how the zelyx are honor bound to fulfill the Dwarven King's Great Request, well we're out searching the galaxy for the best brew out there in time for Gaianfest.

anyhow, enough about me, i look forward to chatting with all of you, because somehow during this mission, despite orders from the Elder's Circle and none other than Tir D'arneth himself, to remain unattached, i do find myself intrigued with the peoples and cultures of this world, especially its music and this band called u2.

namaste'
elfyx

There are some trolls around here, it will be a pleasure to meet each other and cheers. Welcome to Planet Earth... they got good rocknroll here, and sex is all they think about... nice spot.

Ahh, Many Thanks for the Warm Welcomes!

zonelistener said:
An elf in Jersey City, eh. If I remember correctly, there is an elf ghetto off of Kennedy Boulevard - not too far from Journal Square.

hmmmm....it's been a long time though.

zonelistener: A Elf Ghetto in Jersey City, eh? What type of ghetto *isn't* there in J.C.?? :lol: Actually, I live somewhere between the Pavonia Newport and Grove Street PATH stations in a highrise on the 21st floor. I've decided that when my lease runs out, though I shall be moving into New York City. As diverse as Jersey City is (supposedly the *most* ethnically diverse city in the USA! - including elves), and as um, lovely as some of the ghetto's are, I've always had my eye set on the city you know. It's just tough for an elf when rent runs $4K / month in the city for an apt that i currently pay only 2k for!!!

Yikes! Well, thank you all for the very warm welcome everybody - it really makes an elf feel at home, even when he's really 47,000 sectors from the mistwoods.

Ana: Thanks for the beer! These Dos Equis are fine indeed.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel: hello to you too, my friend!

daisybean: hi bean person!

adamswildhoney: hope to see you around too!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars: WHOA! You've got *Trolls* on planet earth? Back on Gai, Trolls are some really nasty monsters, I tell you what! Large, hairy, stinky, and with a horrible temper, most have been hunted down, because all they like to do is cause trouble. But in Rottenwood Valley, they are as common as wolves. That is because, of course, *no one* but trolls dare venture into Rottenwood Valley - eeeks. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them, and I'll have to let the Elder's Circle know about this at once...

FallingStar: Hello to you, too FallingStar; I am quite fond of your name. Back home, falling stars have much significance amongst my race, and are often seen as thread-points in the Prophecies of Time.

ScreamingFlower: I like your nickname too, although I find it odd that you would know of The Screaming Flowers of Bance without ever visiting Gai, my homeworld!! Such an odd species of plant, they are.. but amongst the most beautiful creatures on Gai. And, alas, I do not know of this Elf of the High Temperature that you speak of from The Lord of the Rings, however this J.R.R. Tolkien fellow is quite a storyteller and would be merrily treasured as a great bard amongst my peoples. What fantastic stories did he write!

Bonochick: i'm glad too. thanks for the warm welcome!

teehee: i'm not sure how humans qualify the term 'wierd' but if i do fit the term, i apologize.... i don't mean to offend anyone. I know i am a little different from most, but humans and elves do share many common values and I think we may find ourselves for common than not, and even bonded by our passion for life, music, and of course beer.

:wave: :lol: :wave:
:heart:
namaste'
elfyx

Last edited:
Re: Ahh, Many Thanks for the Warm Welcomes!

elfyx said:
FallingStar: Hello to you, too FallingStar; I am quite fond of your name. Back home, falling stars have much significance amongst my race, and are often seen as thread-points in the Prophecies of Time.
Obviously they have the same meaning in both our races. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom