Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sfsc

Babyface
Hello all,

I'm elizabeth, and I'm new to the new version of this forum, although I did belong pre-Elevation. I'll expect I'll run into some familiar "faces," as I belong to a few of the other U2 lists and boards. And I'll look forward to making new online U2 friends as well.

Vital U2 stats:

I've been a fan since War, they've been my favorite band of all time since UF without pause, and my favorite song and album are STILL UF. (As you might imagine, at the first measure of MLK Edge played at the SuperBowl, I burst into tears. :shocked: Bono hadn't even opened his mouth yet, and my family thought I was nuts. But I had so much wanted them to resurrect that song after 9/11!)

Getting the most "turntable time" right now are my Elevation boots and Zooropa because I just rediscovered how much I love the album. Most recent tour experience: Was ELEVATED twice, DC 6/15/01 ("Welcome to the city of exploding manhole covers!") and Denver 11/7/01 (where I had one of the most amazing post-show experiences of my U2 life, and that's saying something since every show always includes some exceptional non-show experiences for me, as I'm sure it does for many of us). More about that another time. Also a huge music lover of all kinds of music, which is one of the reasons U2 remains my favorite band, because they are too. I'll probably share as appropriate about other faves over time, too.

Oh, and as for my screen name here, the song I currently tend to play over and over again is Craig Armstrong's version of "Stay (Faraway, So Close)!" which rivals the acoustic live version Bono and the Edge did during the tour last year in drop-dead gorgeousness (IMHO). :love: Which is another example to me of how the guys' music tends to grow on a person, especially after seeing and hearing it live, cuz that was never a stand-out song to me until last year! Now I adore it. (I had the same experience during ZooTV with "Love is Blindness.")

Don't ask me to name my favorite member of the band because it changes from day to day. :scratch:

Anyway, that's enough from me for now, just thought I'd say hello. Although I do also want to mention that I've started a "newbie" thread in the "New Media" folder for anyone who wants to add questions to that. (Or for anyone who's familiar with NM and wants to help answer questions!)

Thanks for reading, and kindness,
elizabeth :heart:

Hi there, thanks for the reply!

For those who know me, they'll know why I picked the avatar. For those who don't, remember that test that was circulating a couple of months ago, which member of the band are you most like? Well, you guessed it. And no one was surprised, cuz I gots me a big ol' mouth sometimes, and like the B-man, have been caught putting my foot in it as well. :mac:

I also like the song "Babyface" so I kinda got a kick out of the avatar, cuz it looks so different from how the song sounds.

kindness,
elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom