Happy To Be Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyboy

Babyface
I think about when I was young, and the internet wasn't around, and we all wondered where were all the other U2 fans. I mean yes there was the tribute band "THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE" in Elmhurst IL, but besides the concerts, you just couldn't get around to meeting others unless you were at a import store, or someone was wearing a T-shirt with the boys splattered on it. those were days long ago, and I am just happy to be a old man and say, I was there.

My name is Kelly, I am from Schaumburg, IL and i hope to find some old friends here. I wonder were you all are, and if you are remember Bono laying on the stage floor as The Edge played that solo to New Years Day. I remember.

Everything that I am is filtered through U2 songs, there is so much in them that can uplift us to conquer our deepest fears. I often wonder with the music nowadays how many of your young ones appreciate some of those lyrics in those songs.

I have gone from the days of the cure/alarm/U2, to warehouse worker, Navy, Bartender, other odd jobs to Healer (Clinical Massage Therapist). I have lived the War, and the Boys have always been there for me.

How many of you feel that way, i know you all do. I have journied on and on, now in the West, and some of those songs got me here and there and more....beyond.

I am happy to make your aquaintance...all of you, young and old. were a family, and nothing can stop this train, no derailment of any kind.

"Am I bugging you.....i don't mean to bug ya"

love you all.

If anyone is from the northwest suburbs of Illinois, give me a holler, looking for "SUE U2" who resided in ELk Grove, IL, and the editor of the old fanzine "INTO THE HEART" Which had a Chicago address, Lisa, where are you.

Kelly Vaughn
Firstcontactmassage@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom