Greetings from Winnipeg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Glad to be aboard. I've been a U2 fan since picking up a copy of a band I thought at first was called "Boy" back in 1980. October was the soundtrack of my life in the early 1980's. First saw the band in Toronto in March 1985 where I was lucky enough to meet a then quite shy and somewhat nervous Bono. Saw them again 3 times in 1987 (Rochester, New York and St. Paul, Minnesota) and again met the band at the Whitney hotel. Was lucky again in 1992 to see the beginnings of the Zoo era and then again in 1997 in my hometown (Winnipeg June 1997 - great show but worst time out of all 7 - they didn't play "Bad" !!!!) Last time I saw them was June 2001 in New Jersey. Some of my all time favorite U2 songs are as follows...
Bad
Tomorrow
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Out Of Control
I Threw A Brick Through A Window
Stranger In A Strange Land
Drowning Man
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Elvis Presley And America
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Love Comes Tumbling
Walk To The Water
Heartland
All I Want Is You
Dancing Barefoot (Patti Smith Cover)
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness
Please
Gone
Wake Up Dead Man
Miss Sarevjo
Blue Room
Walk On
Crumbs From Your Table
Anyways, I can see I've gone on way too long here. Sorry. Can't wait to see some 2005 shows!!!
Really hope they do some of these songs...especially Bad.

Thanks. Just wondering...as a suggestion...we should create a post where all U2 fans can suggest what they're favorite sets would be for the 2005 tour...who knows, we could possibly influence the band somewhat. Who would I suggest this idea to???

Holy crap it's another Winnipegger.

:wave:

You're lucky to have seen them 7 times. I've seen 'em 0. Hopefully that'll change when this tour comes around. :hyper:

Hi Harry!
I used to live in Winnipeg. Hopefully the boys will make a stop there seeing Winnipeg has the new MTS centre. You never know?? If they do I will definately be going to that one!
:wink:

Hey, I saw you mentioned both Robyn Hitchcock and the Replacements in the "Obscenely depressing albums" thread and I just had to comment -- I'm completely obsessed with both of them at the moment and you're the first person I've seen on here to mention them. You've got awesome taste in music! :up:

Back
Top Bottom