Greetings From The Windy City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thinktank

Babyface
Hello one and all! I've been a U2 fan since 1993, when I ripped off Achtung Baby from Columbia House's 10 CD's for a penny subscription club. Shame on me. They changed my musical taste forever and I haven't liked heavy metal since, my childhood music of choice. I was 14 or so at the time. I go on heavy U2 kicks each time a new album comes out, and I remember listening to Zooropa on 93XRT at midnight the day it was released - Dad wouldn't let me go to the release party at the record store.

I remember visiting this site back in 2000 or so, and I also remember some guy who had a gigantic server full of U2 live boots. I was buying lots of European bootlegs at the time for $40 a pop from Record Breakers, a little record shop in Palatine, IL. They don't sell them anymore, unfortunately, though the shop is still there.

I finally saw U2 during the Elevation tour at the Rosemont Horizon, PJ Harvey opening. It was marred by my older sister's contsant aguing with her fiance. (now ex-husband) Bad seats and bad acoustics didn't help either.

I'm gonna get it right this tour.

My name is Steve and I live in River Grove, IL, right at the city limits of the northwest side of Chicago. I've been near this area my whole life. I have a blog at coffeerocket.blogspot.com and I'll probably post here infrequently. I'm guess I'm just a lurking sort of fellow.

This place is great, I've been reading for a couple weeks now. Right now I'm at work, the only one here, and I'm listening to Under A Blood Red Sky.

So hello!

THis is a great place here. Even if you end up posting "infrequently", that's okay.

I'm sure that as long as you a U2 fan, you'll find a place to stay here.

I'm a novice myself, but I'll greet you anways.
Hope to see you around the forums.

See you

Back
Top Bottom