Greetings from a longtime fan, newbie to Interference from San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

up w/the static

Babyface
Hello all!

First concert (of anyone) I ever attended was Joshua Tree October 11, 1987 in Rochester New York. As you all can relate, it changed my life and made every non-U2 concert from that moment on a bit "sub-standard".

Since then I have been fortunate to see them twice on Pop (San Diego, San Antonio), three times for ATYCLB (San Diego, Pheonix, Salt Lake City), and twice this time around (San Diego, Las Vegas).

I joined Interference mainly because I had a question I can't find the answer to.

My wife recently heard a female doing a cover of "One" in her rather "hip" hair salon. She and her hairstylist (who is a fan) both agreed it was "One" but could not identify the singer. I have hunted the internet but Googling "One" & "cover" is not working to well! I came up with the Mary J. Blige version (which I did not know about but really like). When I played it for my wife she said it was not it. The one she heard did not include Bono, and she also said it wasn't as good as this Mary Blige version.

Any help here? Thanks! (Not sure if there is a better place to post this plea)

Great to be among the great people who have shared my relationship w/ U2.

Thank you,
Mark

Carek1230 said:
Another San Diegan here! We should all get together! :wink:

That would be cool! Do you guys try to do that with other interferencers when the band is in town? Sounds great! :)

Well there's a whole lot of us in SD and Orange County, LA area who get together periodically throughout the year. We follow a U2 tribute band The Joshua Tree (www.U2JT.com). Check their website......they've got a gig coming up in San Diego Feb 4th! Come on out that night and meet us all, we really are a fun bunch. We usually have a Gatherings thread going here on Interference, and if you are on JT's mailing list you will know when they are playing. Many of us in SD car pool to the gigs in the LA area. Hope to see you!

Carek1230 said:
Well there's a whole lot of us in SD and Orange County, LA area who get together periodically throughout the year. We follow a U2 tribute band The Joshua Tree (www.U2JT.com). Check their website......they've got a gig coming up in San Diego Feb 4th! Come on out that night and meet us all, we really are a fun bunch. We usually have a Gatherings thread going here on Interference, and if you are on JT's mailing list you will know when they are playing. Many of us in SD car pool to the gigs in the LA area. Hope to see you!

Thank you! I may just try to do that if I can make it on the 4th! And I will look for your Gatherings thread. Thanks!

I have always wanted to check out The Joshua Tree... maybe a good time for us all to share the love (in an innocent sort of way)

:ohmy:

:up: I'm all for it, keep checking the Gatherings forum as well as the JT website for announcements of shows. Another entertaining great band is 4 ladies who call themselves EXIT. 22.exit-band.com. They have a couple gigs planned down San Diego way, one a freebie at SDSU! They rock! Check them out! Also, another U2 tribute band, Desire is playing in San Diego a lot lately, they will be downtown on Sunday night. I believe their website is U2tributeband.com or maybe U2desire.com.....

Back
Top Bottom