Goodbye Bono Gallery: Yet Another Displaced Zootop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream chaser

Acrobat
Howdy all,

Well, everyone else is doing it, so why not join in, right? lol

I created and ran the Bono Gallery in Zootopia. *sigh* Albeit not as elaborate as many other mod run folders, it was the little niche of the Zoo that I called home. Eventually, I came to mod the whole band members area and, well, I just loved it. The Bono Folder was a special little slice of the Zoo that we could go to and not be judged or made to feel uncomfortable in any way (like other unmentionable folders, lol). We could be silly or serious, view pics and share our lives with like-minded folk. Unfortunately, the new webmasters of the Zoo destroyed that little realm and I see a lot of us Bonoists here (most likely in PLEBA right now :D). I hope we can all find each other and find new friends... I know this site is new to some of us, perhaps even a bit strange, and I know that in the past I never gave it a chance. Well, I'm giving it a chance now! While it may not be the first U2 forum I ever joined, it's clearly a forum that listens to the fans and does not abandon them (as I feel the Zoo did). Now, these are just my feelings, so I'm sure some will agree and some will not, but in the end, I just want to say a big thank you to all of Interference for welcoming us here with such warmth and kindness... I can imagine it might be a bit overwhelming as we Zootops are coming here en masse, lol, but you've exhibited nothing but grace in our displacement and mass exodus. Cheers!

Also, a hello to all my old buds from LCK to Chevette to mel mermaid (saw you just signed up, lol) and everyone else I've forgotten to mention. :wave: :hug:

-Mel :bono:

Hi Mel ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

The Bono gallery was beautiful- esp the pics of Bono with Ali and their children and moments of the band as friends offstage not simply as fellow musicians. I started out as moderator by asking to create a section for the b-sides. Then I ended up doing the entire Albums folder and the DVD folder as well. I miss my former folders, but not the politics I became disillusioned by. OI! Shut me up, no negativity, time to move on. :)

Lovely to see you here sweetie, you'll find me mostly in Dream Out Loud and the Lemonade Stand. xoxoxoxo

What a lovely post :)

I'm glad you've decided to stay! I know you will enjoy PLEBA and Interference... some say its like blue crack :laugh: :crack:

:hug:

LCK said:
ps. I've also seen 'you'vedonewhat?' here . That nic always makes me smile.

LOL! Yep, always made me smile, too. (Mostly b/c I've heard that phrase far too many times! :p)

I agree, also, about "no negativity." I've felt so much of late and now I just want to clear it all away and move on, as well... Like all that you CAN leave behind! :wink:

(PS: Just b/c I am so new here, I just wanted to take a quick moment to giggle over the emoticons. Remember how we tried to get more at the Zoo? Like drool: :drool: So apropos at times! And faints: :faint: lol, I just love that one! *g* Ok, enough silliness...) :D

Sicy said:
What a lovely post :)

I'm glad you've decided to stay! I know you will enjoy PLEBA and Interference... some say its like blue crack :laugh: :crack:

:hug:

LMAO! I can already see the addiction forming. I keep telling myself, ok, you're new, take it easy, just log off, get back to work, but, wait, I wonder what's in this folder? :p

Oh and, Sicy, I wanted to ask ya what may be an obvious question :angel: but is your cat named Zoey and gray? I only ask b/c I have gray cat named Zoey! (Among others... 7 in total! Comet, Lucy, Zoey, Bastion, Satchel, Larry, & Gia. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a cat person. :eek: :D)

dream chaser said:
Oh and, Sicy, I wanted to ask ya what may be an obvious question :angel: but is your cat named Zoey and gray? I only ask b/c I have gray cat named Zoey! (Among others... 7 in total! Comet, Lucy, Zoey, Bastion, Satchel, Larry, & Gia. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a cat person. :eek: :D)

Oh my.. I can tell already we are going to get along :hyper:

Yes, Zoey is my sweet baby... she's gray, and so is Saki :laugh: He's 4 months and Zoey is a year and a half, and she has extra toes :cute: If you click on Photoshopped Zoey in my sig, you can get to all of their albums :)

I would LOVE to see a pic of your Zoey :up: and the rest of your cats too!

Do you want another addiction? :laugh:

This is where I spend the other half of my time..

http://thecatsite.com/forums/index.php?s=

:reject:

Sicy said:

I would LOVE to see a pic of your Zoey :up: and the rest of your cats too!

OMG! Ever since I got a digital camera all I do is take pics of my cats! I have so many it's ridiculous! I even took to doing some Warhol inspired PhotoShoped artwork of them. :reject: lol I'll dig up some of the better ones and add them to my website. :D

Eeek! :yikes: It's almost 5??? LOL! The addiction has begun! :crack: *g*

Have a wonderful night! I'll be back on tomorrow (or later tonight :p). Need to get my Sims fix -- my other addiction... I can just see me now... here, the cat site, the Sims... :combust: lol

dream chaser said:
OMG! Ever since I got a digital camera all I do is take pics of my cats! I have so many it's ridiculous! I even took to doing some Warhol inspired PhotoShoped artwork of them. :reject: lol I'll dig up some of the better ones and add them to my website. :D

I have over 1000 digital pics of my cats :crack: And I've only had Zoey for 7 months :lol: :reject:

I look forward to seeing some pics! I love to photoshop too :love:

thanks for the mention, LCK and DC. It's always nice to get noticed. LOL And it's good to see other zootops in here.

I wonder if the webmasters at zootopia are wondering where we've all gone:madspit: heh heh...

Smilies

Cool. Finally a place I can talk about the smilies and not go off-topic. I was trying to find the appropriate folder for this topic.

Anyway, there is a smiley for every occasion and more. There are so many reasons to be a member of this site, it's not even funny. I've just barely given this site a chance, too, because in Zootopia they have totally neglected us.

Oh, and:love: :heart: :dance: :laugh:

Last edited:
Leeloo said:
DC, is Larry the same sick kitten you had a while back?

Sicy said:
Aww what's wrong with Larry the kitten?

Yes, Larry is the same little guy who almost didn't make it. When I found him, he had a terrible eye infection, worms, parasites, and a chest cold. Plus he was the runt of the litter. But thanks to everyone's prayers & almost a $1,000 worth of vet visits and meds, he is now a big, healthy, plump little boy! :D

Thanks fer asking, I can't believe you remembered! :) :hug:

I'll be posting a link to pics in here very soon! He is wicked cute and just so loving... I'm so glad he made it. :)

:wave:

Hi dream chaser!

A note to all - I've always thought that the Band folders and PLEBA contained like minded U2 fans :D! You all are going to get along fantastically! :)

BostonAnne said:
:wave:

Hi dream chaser!

A note to all - I've always thought that the Band folders and PLEBA contained like minded U2 fans :D! You all are going to get along fantastically! :)

Hi BostonAnne! I do believe you are correct! :wink:

btw, I'll be out your way come Christmas. I'm so excited. I haven't been back home for the holidays in 3 years!!! :eek: And the last time I was in Boston was that infamous, eventful, & slightly controversial June 2001! :p Cheers! :D

dream chaser said:

Hi BostonAnne! I do believe you are correct! :wink:

btw, I'll be out your way come Christmas. I'm so excited. I haven't been back home for the holidays in 3 years!!! :eek: And the last time I was in Boston was that infamous, eventful, & slightly controversial June 2001! :p Cheers! :D

It will be nice to visit home :) How long are you staying?

Welcome dream chaser!! :wave: I miss the Bono gallery too :sad: I don't like the new zoo, it's very strange, and now it's not working in my pc...bah!

I'm glad to see you here!

Last edited:
hi everyone! even though i haven't been in the zoo for a while, i would stop by every so often and just see what's going on in there. then they changed it and i felt so lost and now it's not even there any more and i feel displaced. so i'm sooo glad i'm seeing some familiar names in here. hopefully, more will be coming in...woohoo

dream chaser said:

LMAO! I can already see the addiction forming. I keep telling myself, ok, you're new, take it easy, just log off, get back to work, but, wait, I wonder what's in this folder? :p

Welcome dream chaser! :wave:

I know the loss of the folders is major and it was special to a lot of people I am sad that the "powers that be" or whoever did the zoo so worng. (and I was only there for a month when the change news started)

anyway I am toatlly addicted to this place now and everyone has been really cool:)

Back
Top Bottom