From Britney Spears to U2: My Musical Journey!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2...god, they've been immensely helpful and comforting to me this past year like you would not believe. I used one of their songs for a very emotional situation earlier this year, and it was so nice to hear them at that time. It really helped that day, I needed that moment to just let it all out and let go. All of my favorite artists have those moments for me. Ultimately that's the biggest reason I'm drawn to certain music, certain bands-I can relate to the topics they sing about, I hear somebody who is saying everything I ever wanted to say but either don't know how to properly articulate or was too scared to say. Any other benefits their music brings me are just icing on an already very lovely cake.

Angela you've said so beautifully what we all think!:hug: Right there: "I hear somebody who is saying everything I ever wanted to say":heart:

Sometimes it does feel like it's not me stepping in on Bono's thoughts when I listen to their music, but it's the other way around. Bono speaks our mind, yells it, paints it in bright colours for the world to see:cute: At the very least, if you're alone, you know that he understands.:hug:

U2 lyrics help find motivation in many kids of situations.
I remember the first day when I became a hudge fan (July, this year). One of the first songs I discovered was Stuck In A Moment and it stucked on my head for a whole day (especially the line "Don't say that later will be better"). I went jogging and I ran 10 kilometres in 1 hour and 2 minutes - the time I was usually running 8,5 kilometres. :eek: I know it may sound silly, but it was one of the reasons why U2 has become so important for me.

:lol:

U2 lyrics help find motivation in many kids of situations.
I remember the first day when I became a hudge fan (July, this year). One of the first songs I discovered was Stuck In A Moment and it stucked on my head for a whole day (especially the line "Don't say that later will be better"). I went jogging and I ran 10 kilometres in 1 hour and 2 minutes - the time I was usually running 8,5 kilometres. :eek: I know it may sound silly, but it was one of the reasons why U2 has become so important for me.

:lol:

:cute:We find inspiration anywhere! :hug:
U2 helps us out in all kinds of situation! I find that Where The Streets Have No Name is especially good for jogging! I put on Slane dvd and I just forget how much my legs hurt and allow myself to be carried by the songs:D

Really? Thank you :hug:

Really. It reminds me of a woman from my elementary school. She was working as a janitor and she was awesome. I liked her a lot. :)
Bono is so amazingly talented!

They try to find something deeper in every situation, not just describe a superficial level.

Something deeper :).

Call me Cath:D

I'd say, fill up your :heart: and mind with their songs, attitude towards life, and let that energy transform you :heart:

Ok, nice to meet you :). I also like Catherine, it's my second name :). You can call me Jagoda, it's like Yah-Gaw-Dah to pronounce :D.
That's what I'm trying to fill my head with.

But you just have to remind yourself that everyone goes through some sort of pain and difficulty, and if others can make it through the tough times, so can you. Especially if you can manage to find something or someone to lean on to help you along. I too am sorry to hear about what you went through, but I'm glad to hear you seem to be okay now :).

On a much lighter note-holy crap, "Barbie Girl", THERE'S a blast from the past! I used to like that song, too :D. And Rammstein-I only know their song "Du Hast", but I do like it... I like all of the bands you listed there, you've got some great taste :up:.

Angela

Thank you! It was so nice to read all those words from you! I love this forum! :hug:.
Who has an account on last.fm? ;d. Invite me! My is urnotmyheroine :).

Angela you've said so beautifully what we all think!:hug: Right there: "I hear somebody who is saying everything I ever wanted to say":heart:

Sometimes it does feel like it's not me stepping in on Bono's thoughts when I listen to their music, but it's the other way around. Bono speaks our mind, yells it, paints it in bright colours for the world to see:cute: At the very least, if you're alone, you know that he understands.:hug:

Bono understands me like no one else on Earth.

I remember the first day when I became a hudge fan (July, this year). One of the first songs I discovered was Stuck In A Moment and it stucked on my head for a whole day (especially the line "Don't say that later will be better").

As for me, I tought of:

I'm not afraid of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me
That I haven't already heard
I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company

I felt like 'wow, that's about me!' and it still is. :).

I find that Where The Streets Have No Name is especially good for jogging! I put on Slane dvd and I just forget how much my legs hurt and allow myself to be carried by the songs:D

U2 makes everything lighter, better and problems seem to be shrunken.

I have to say it: you've surprised me. I haven't expect so much words full of care and support! I posted and didn't expect that you will write so much about dealing with life. It's plenty of good karma, I think?
Wishing all of you all the best and THANK YOU once again. :)

I have to say it: you've surprised me. I haven't expect so much words full of care and support! I posted and didn't expect that you will write so much about dealing with life. It's plenty of good karma, I think?

Well we U2 fans have to stick together :D so yes, expect from us long-ish, full of care replies!:hug:

And remember, "Music can change the world, because it can change people." so yes, U2 is a wonderful source of inspiration for us to evolve, change our old ways, continue to walk on in our daily lives:heart:

Thanks, guys, for the kind words :hug: :). I'm glad others understand what I mean with that.

:yes: Exactly. It's just nice to be heard sometimes. And when you know that someone like Bono, or any other notable person, has gone through the same issues and struggles you, an everyday, non-famous person, go through, it's kinda refreshing. It's like a bonding experience, or something.

"Stuck In A Moment"-ah, I have a story with that song, too. It was out the year I was crushing hard on a guy at school, and some of the lyrics kinda helped me during that time :). Cheesy, yes, but ah, well. I've no doubt Bono's taken some lyrical inspiration from responses from fans over the years, the letters he's read from fans who've sent them, the fans he's talked to, seeing the emotion on people's faces during certain songs at shows...that's got to spill over into the lyrics at some point.

And I love that music can connect people from all over the world in that way. Like, I can disagree with someone on everything else in the world, they can live in a totally different area than I do and don't talk like me or act like me or whatever. But we can both listen to the same song and both get the same feelings from it because we've both experienced what the song's talking about or the emotion hits us the same way or we both admire the lyrics or the tune or whatever. I just find that amazing. I think that's awesome that music has that kind of power.

Thank you! It was so nice to read all those words from you! I love this forum! :hug:.
Who has an account on last.fm? ;d. Invite me! My is urnotmyheroine :).

That's what we're here for. I've been here 8 years and this place has been very helpful and full of kind people who are willing to share and talk about this sort of stuff, and be there for each other. Good karma can never be in short supply, always worth passing more of that around :). I'm happy our words have helped you and made you happy. You're quite welcome, and I wish you and everyone else here all the best in return :hug: :).

I do have a last.fm account, have to remember to get in there more often. Mine is Angnic, next time I'm in there I'll add you and anyone else who has one and shares it here. I'm also on Facebook if anyone wants to talk there, too.

For all its problems it can bring, the internet also really can have some good moments, too-this is one of those.

Angela

:yes: Exactly. It's just nice to be heard sometimes. And when you know that someone like Bono, or any other notable person, has gone through the same issues and struggles you, an everyday, non-famous person, go through, it's kinda refreshing. It's like a bonding experience, or something.

And I love that music can connect people from all over the world in that way. Like, I can disagree with someone on everything else in the world, they can live in a totally different area than I do and don't talk like me or act like me or whatever. But we can both listen to the same song and both get the same feelings from it because we've both experienced what the song's talking about or the emotion hits us the same way or we both admire the lyrics or the tune or whatever. I just find that amazing. I think that's awesome that music has that kind of power.

That's what we're here for. I've been here 8 years and this place has been very helpful and full of kind people who are willing to share and talk about this sort of stuff, and be there for each other. Good karma can never be in short supply, always worth passing more of that around :). I'm happy our words have helped you and made you happy. You're quite welcome, and I wish you and everyone else here all the best in return :hug: :).

Angela

Yes. These are the moments when you feel the best realizing that Bono or anyone famous person is a human being like you. It's just the difference with money or something.

Music was the thing which connected people better that the Internet and should be it, anything more. And maybe emotions too.

Indeed, you made me feel better, which is not so easy thing to make. I've got a tough personality, I think. Complexes may destroy you as a person. And bad people around.

Back
Top Bottom