From Britney Spears to U2: My Musical Journey! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Introduce Yourself in the Babyface Cafe
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 01:19 AM
People who don't like music don't get how much it means, and how much it can do to someone. It's almost magical, the power of a good song.. You just have to learn to find good music, before that you just start with listening to B Spears, until you discover it's no real, touching music. It takes a while to find it, but when you've found it, you know it's worth the waiting.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_left View Post
Yeah, my musical journey also wasn't so straight. At the age of 6/7 I was a fan of Aqua (Barbie girl ;d) but my love to Barbie girl passed away just like passed away my love to pink colour ;d. Then I started to listen to some really shitty things like Ich troje or I don't know ;d. Everything changed when I started to grow up. I mean mentally. Mentally I was like older then a regular teenager. First, my dad left me when I was like 8 years old? Then my uncle has died in a car crash and those events ended my childhood. I don't know how did I got by with that. I was very strong, I think. I don't remember if I was listening to anything that time. I don't think so. I've been spending days on sitting at home alone, waiting for mom and blaming myself for dad. I've been thinking why he did this to me. And then I became to love rock and hate pop at all. Queen, Red hot chili peppers, Rammstein... Rammstein is one of the bands I still love, though I don't listen to them very often. And so much more bands I can't remember at the moment.
As years went by, my taste have been changing. At the moment I like MUSIC. It doesn't mean a thing which gender is it. I think music has to have some spark inside which makes it special. But I can't stand Queen without Freddie Mercury. Queen without him isn't Queen.
Then I met U2. My life changed. It would maybe sound pathetic, but they really make me want to live my life. I think I wouldn't be here right now, thinking and breathing if four guys in Dublin of '76 decided to make a band called first Feedback, The hype and finally U2. It wasn't a joke.
I'm really sorry because of your experiences

And you remembered me that I used to listen to Ich Troje too... Well, they were very pupular in Poland a few years ago

Old 10-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #18
The Fly

Thank you, that's nice. I think I'm pretty much ok now, dad came back to us like a year later after the day he packed his bag and went out. But I still have days when I remember those moments. Maybe that's the reason why I started to love and almost believe in U2. I needed more strenght and you know what? They really gave it to me. I feel much stronger now.
Yeah, that's true. And it's not a shame. They just were too popular then and I can't remember if there was a single person who wouldn't listen to them ;d.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 12:19 AM
Quote:
But I still have days when I remember those moments. Maybe that's the reason why I started to love and almost believe in U2. I needed more strenght and you know what? They really gave it to me. I feel much stronger now.
Thanks for sharing your story with us
You're not the only one for whom U2 entered their life at a critical moment. By giving strength when you couldn't find your own We find inspiration anywhere, in a family member, a friend, a teacher, a book, a band. But no matter where that inspiration comes from, if it speaks to you and "Get (you) On Your Boots" so to speak, then that's a very good thing.

Sometimes we just need that tinny little push in the right direction to motivate us to become better than we were yesterday. U2 hasn't changed me, but through U2 I've learned to change myself
Old 10-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #20
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathou_u2 View Post
Thanks for sharing your story with us
You're not the only one for whom U2 entered their life at a critical moment. By giving strength when you couldn't find your own We find inspiration anywhere, in a family member, a friend, a teacher, a book, a band. But no matter where that inspiration comes from, if it speaks to you and "Get (you) On Your Boots" so to speak, then that's a very good thing.

Sometimes we just need that tinny little push in the right direction to motivate us to become better than we were yesterday. U2 hasn't changed me, but through U2 I've learned to change myself
No problem. At first I tought it's too much for all of you to know about me, because I normally don't like to share it to the world too often. It's still too painful. But I didn't erase it.
I think U2 saved the rest of my sensibility. It's a huge word, but I don't have too much and I don't think I need anything more besides U2. I even can't imagine their gig in Poland. I'd die happy.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
I think U2 saved the rest of my sensibility. It's a huge word, but I don't have too much and I don't think I need anything more besides U2. I even can't imagine their gig in Poland. I'd die happy.
You know sometimes, it's okay to admit defeat, to say "Ok, I'm not feeling good right now, I might need some help", it doesn't mean that you're a failure when you admit that. It rather means that you're honest enough with yourself not to remain in denial. U2 offers very good moral support!

You're never alone, there's always help. At the very least, there's the Zoo Confessionals section if you want to go and have a look, fellow U2 fans there post there troubles and offer each other support, you might like it!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
The Fly

Thank you so much for your support, Cathou_u2! You're the best!
You too, Casamares .
It's always nice to feel not alone with your problems.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #23
New Yorker

nothing_left, I'm so sorry about those things that happened to you. It's great you "met" U2 and they helped you. Their music has power to help people They also helped me ... to find myself. With their music I'm more complete and more myself.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Just keep listening to U2 It'll be still helping you.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #25
The Fly

True, Gabi. I like your name, did I mention it? ;d. Thanks!
Anyway, there's something special in this band. Maybe it's because friendship between them? I mean it's one of the reasons why I feel much better when I listen to them - they're giving me plenty of hope and I realize that they won't leave me no matter what .
Old 10-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #26
New Yorker

Quote:
Anyway, there's something special in this band. Maybe it's because friendship between them? I mean it's one of the reasons why I feel much better when I listen to them - they're giving me plenty of hope and I realize that they won't leave me no matter what .
Really? Thank you
Yeah, maybe it's because of friendship between our guys. Or maybe it's because of thoughts in their lyrics. Bono has special power to write good lyrics, we all know it. U2's lyrics makes this world more meaningful and better for me
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabi_Clayton View Post
Really? Thank you
Yeah, maybe it's because of friendship between our guys. Or maybe it's because of thoughts in their lyrics. Bono has special power to write good lyrics, we all know it. U2's lyrics makes this world more meaningful and better for me
They try to find something deeper in every situation, not just describe a superficial level.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #28
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casamares View Post
They try to find something deeper in every situation, not just describe a superficial level.
Indeed, because superficial is all nice and fun for a while, but eventually it dies and you're left with nothing. But with U2, my mind has become a real jukebox so I hang on to those songs and what they mean to me!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Call me Cath

Of course, the friendship between the band members is very appealing To maintain that kind of commitment as time goes by and problems come knocking on your door, it's indeed something to be admired!

But the thing that's most important about U2, well maybe it's only me. I wouldn't necessarily say that U2 changed my life, yes they did, but through U2 and their guidance, they gave me the right tools for me to change my life U2 brings the best out of all of us and we have to put it to good use!

I'd say, fill up your and mind with their songs, attitude towards life, and let that energy transform you
Old 10-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:19 PM
Quote:
It's always nice to feel not alone with your problems.
You're most definitely not alone . I know full well it feels that way sometimes, I've had that feeling numerous times this year. But you just have to remind yourself that everyone goes through some sort of pain and difficulty, and if others can make it through the tough times, so can you. Especially if you can manage to find something or someone to lean on to help you along. I too am sorry to hear about what you went through, but I'm glad to hear you seem to be okay now .

U2...god, they've been immensely helpful and comforting to me this past year like you would not believe. I used one of their songs for a very emotional situation earlier this year, and it was so nice to hear them at that time. It really helped that day, I needed that moment to just let it all out and let go. All of my favorite artists have those moments for me. Ultimately that's the biggest reason I'm drawn to certain music, certain bands-I can relate to the topics they sing about, I hear somebody who is saying everything I ever wanted to say but either don't know how to properly articulate or was too scared to say. Any other benefits their music brings me are just icing on an already very lovely cake.

On a much lighter note-holy crap, "Barbie Girl", THERE'S a blast from the past! I used to like that song, too . And Rammstein-I only know their song "Du Hast", but I do like it... I like all of the bands you listed there, you've got some great taste .

Angela