First posts.... a nice ceremony, aren't they? Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hello.

I came across this site and I was intrigued, because, where I am, U2 fans are sort of few and far between. I only know one other peson in my entire high school who has a U2 album, (and that's saying alot because my school is rather like NYC... it's huge.) But it's also in a sort of ultra-suburbia.... which is all fine and good if you are, well, well off, but................
anyhow, there will be plenty of time to talk about myself later.

The reason I took the time to register and all that is because I am a huge fan of U2's music, or at least some of it. I won't say I like all of it, honestly, but I do think the band has a good message as far as global concern goes.

Many time it's the only thing I can stand to listen to, because their music has depth and meaning, unlike a lot of other popular music today. Sometimes I am criticized because I like U2's older music, and generally don't like "pop" music, but it doesn't matter to me. I know what I like. and I consider myself to have great taste.

And I'm really lucky in some regards...

It's really a nice story, but, the first album I ever picked out was perhaps the best one ever made. I still remember standing in a used CD store, and going through some music. I rembering hearing the name of a band that I heard on the radio one day, but I didn't know who they were or anything.

But when I put the cd into the player and had a sample, I was like... "Hmm... this sounds good...". It's funny, but I still remember holding in my hands as I brought it back out to the car- the black and white album cover... and before that, I remember the store, and I remeber how there really wasn't much music I liked there, but I stumbled upon this one CD and I figured I liked it, so....

Little did I know that it would turn into a love affair. The Joshua Tree was something that has hugely effected my life. It sort of runied me in a way, because my taste for music is so high now that almost everything else sounds like crap! hahaha.

BUt I have a picture of the tree and the cover on my wall, and the cover of my writing profile a few years ago has the tree, and it's title "I still haven't found what I'm looking for".

But really, it was such a great way to come into music. Through The Joshua Tree I sort of found "Pride", and the story to that is one I like too, but I won't get into it here.

Basically, I have come to know and love a lot of U2's stuff, but I do not know all of their music yet. The most important thing for me about anything is the purpose and intention and desire, the structure of the foundation. And that's what I like most about U2's music.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

browseing around the site, it looks really interesting. I'm sure I'll have a good time interacting with all the diffent facets. I've got plenty of strange stories to tell about myself, about my likings of U2, and about my thoughts on the world and things like that.

It should give me a good way to pass the time, because current;y in my life right now, I'm waiting for a lot of things to come, and a lot of things to pass....

So I'm looking forward to this adventure here.

Until Next Time

Greetings and welcome. Just a thought...here are some U2 songs I would recommend you check out...
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Out Of Control
Twilight
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
(actually just try out all of "BOY")
Tomorrow
I Threw a Brick Through a Window
Gloria
(actually just try all of "OCTOBER")
the reason I say "all" is not that I think you'll like every song but if you discovered them in Joshua Tree era I have no idea what you would like from the early days - just try it all and see what sticks with you.
WAR - same thing
UNFORGETTABLE FIRE - BAD, Elvis Presley and America, Wire, Indian Summer Sky, A Sort Of Homecoming
RATTLE AND HUM - not much...maybe Heartland and God Part II
ACHTUNG BABY - Until The End Of The World, Love Is Blindness etc etc.
ZOOROPA - Haven't heard it in quite some time - had my copy stolen and have been too lazy and neglectful to buy another
POP - It's funny, while looking through this wonderful site I've come across too many posts that seem to imply that Pop was a horrible album??? Think what you like but three of my all time favorite U2 songs came with this album...Gone, Please, and Wake Up Dead Man.
As far as everything else goes check out the numerous b-sides, "rarieties" and live material. Good luck on your search.

Hey, thanks everyone. It really is good to be here. I always was looking for a good U2 site with forums, but this really is more than I ever expected to find.

I guess I shouldn't understimate U2's greatness !! hahaha

I think I'm addicted to "Pride", though... i've sentimentalized it and became infatuated with it. It's one of the only songs i can listen to as many times as I do and still like just as much if not more each time I hear it. But really.,.... that''s a good thing!

Yeah, I like a lot of those songs that have been mentioned.
War is a great album- I like the political-ness and just being outright in speaking about those sort of topics. I like it's guts and attitude.

I'm looking into getting October, since I'm sort of working backwards from JT in my "collection". You can get music online, like from PDA jukebox, but, I like to buy the CDs, espcially if i like the band a lot, you know?

Thanks again.
it really is good to be here :)

I write a lot.... heh. Too much sometimes. I guess I just have lots of opinions. Oh well

It should be interesting to see just how much I write here. I'll have to pace myself so that I don't overdo it. Hah

lol :yikes: :slant:

Hello, everyone :wave:

Ah :)

A monty python sig!

There are so many good parts from "The Holy Grail"

let's see....
"Let's not go to Camelot..... it's a silly place...."

And of course,
"You've killed the bride's father!"
"well I didn't mean to..."
"You put your sword right through his head!"
"Oh... I'm terribly sorry...... .....I got a bit carried away...."

=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hey-

today is your birthday, fah
Happy Birthday!

Thanks for posting here on yor birthday!
Happy holidays, too

:dance:

Hey thanks

It's great to be here, it really is.

I've spent more time in these forums when I'm online than I have anywheres else. I'm glad I found this place.

At least I can be a little more involved with the world this way

Hi to For Honor as well!

I just registered today and have yet to discover all this place have to offer.

Have enjoyed Rattle and Hum for ages - particularly the live tracks. Then found Joshua Tree and recently bought the Atomic Bomb. Didnt like Zoo whatever - so lost interest for a while.

This site will help me discover the stuff I don't know.

hi everyone
im new here (obviously) and i just wanna say some stuf...

1st of ya i love U2!if i ever feel down i just listen to it and bam i feel better. Their music is almost like a ...miracle drug...and i dont understand how i could ever live w/out this band.

my 2 guy friends got me into U2 not to long ago...
they had been into U2 since i had met them and thought they were weird. then again i had never heard the music so i didnt get it. then one day, 2 years later, i heard the song "Vertigo" and i instantly fell in love with it.

so i went on AIM and i told these guys that...yes...i liked the song. Instantly they started sending me all of these awesome songs. I was hooked!

I didn't realize how many other songs there were. for me it was only vertigo. then my friend got me "How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb" and the best song of all times miracle drug came on. I had heard these friends talk about this song but i didnt think id like it because i thought i liked faster songs. MAN was i wrong!

my collection of songs so far is very small. THe only other CD i have is Achtung Baby (the best!) but im lookin for more. I only have 26 songs, i dont know all of their albums by heart, but that doesnt make me any less of a fan.

to wrap it up i love U2 and they have changed my life.

Yeah.... they did that to me too.

I don't know where I would be if I never stumbled across that Joshua Tree album at Last Vistage down in Albany.

Or if I never heard PRIDE on the radio...

I would be someone completley different.

Welcome, you two! (U2!)
this is a great place, enjoy

Back
Top Bottom