Excited about being here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronJ

Babyface
Hey everyone...I just decided to join here. I'm only 18, but over the past few months I've been discovering U2's music, and I love it. How could I have not noticed them before? My friends think I have gone crazy, and everyday I hear them tell me I'm obsessed. I don't mind though.....

Anyway, I'm excited about being here and getting connected to fellow U2 fans.

yep, that's how it happened to me. once you get bit with the U2 bug...there is no going back. they just get better and better. :heart:

btw, if you haven't yet read it...be sure to pick up the "U2 Bible" aka "U2 At the End of the World" by Bill Flanagan. Really gives you insight into the band during the ZooTV days and is a candid, hilarious, behind-the-scenes book. :up:

welcome to the madhouse known as interference!!! :D

Yeah, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I recently read "Walk On", just as I was getting into U2, I didn't understand most of it b/c I didn't know much of their music.....I may have to re-read it now that I do.

Any other U2-related material I should check out?

Those are both good books to start with. You should try to get ahold of a copy of the video "ZooTV - Live from Sydney", "Rattle and Hum", and definitely "Elevation Live from Boston". (also PopMart Mexico City if you can find it.) :D

there is soooo much stuff out there, it's like a gigantic treasure hunt. hehe. *looks back fondly on the early days of fandom when everything was fresh and new*

A good friend of mine has the Elevation DVD.....that really sparked my interest in U2. I need to go get my own copy now.

I rented Rattle & Hum a few months ago to show for my final senior project in high school. It had to be on anything related to Europe....I did U2. :) I showed the clip of Sunday Bloody Sunday.....it was pretty cool. I need to buy my own copy of that too.

Last week I was at this huge clearance sale this video store was having....I vowed that if they had any U2 videos I would buy them. And luckily, they did....I got PopMart in Mexico City for $5, it's as good as new too....

sweeeeeet! sounds like your video viewing is on a roll. :yes:

And you gotta love using U2 in school projects. So far I have done a project for a theology class about U2 and did my senior Finance thesis paper on the World Bank and IMF...which of course had high relevance to debt relief...which of course is of high relavance to Bono. :lol: Twas quite fun to drop his name in my ultra-serious paper. :D

...and I used Interference as an example of 'online community' in my Computer Studies project. :D

Welcome Aaron! :) :)

Back
Top Bottom