Dutch newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PickupthePieces

Babyface
Hi,

Daniel here, all the way from the Netherlands. I'd thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 27, just for a few weeks more and besides being a U2 fan, I'm also a fan of Queen, Pink Floyd & Candy Dulfer. There are many more bands/artists I like aswell. But these stand out for me.

I've been a U2 fan since JT. Although it really kicked in during Zooropa, when I went to my first U2 concert and it rocked. Also around that time I started collecting bootlegs, browsing around record fairs. I've build a nice small collection. I started trading a few years back and I'm have been on sharingthegroove for a few months now.

Although I really like a lot of the tunes from the 90's onwards, the big 80's hits still stand out for me. SBS, Bad, WTSHNN, WOWY just cannot be bettered. Also JT is my fav album. My fav tours are Zooropa and Elevation. The best concert moment of any band I've seen is during Elevation 01/7/31, when me and my friends were very close to the tip of the heart and Bono took a girl around the stage during Bad. After that it segwayed into WTSHNN and that moment was just awesome. U2 is really something special on stage.

Well, that's all I can think of. I guess I'll be seeing you all around on the forum boards.

Oh yes, my handle is not U2 related, but rather to another fav of mine, Candy Dulfer. I use the same handle on STG.

Hallo Daniel!

Welkom op Interference! :wave: Waar kom je trouwens precies vandaan.

You'll find lots of Dutchies here. They're everywhere! Take a look at the Viva El Feedback forum, where some even attempt to talk Dutch. :)

BTW, my first U2 concert was also during the Zooropa tour (9 May 1993).

Oh, and I immediately did think of Candy's version when I saw your nickname. The original is by the Average White Band, isn't it?

Groeten,

Martijn (has the Lily Was Here single, his first CD-single)

Popmartijn said:
Hallo Daniel!

Welkom op Interference! :wave: Waar kom je trouwens precies vandaan.

Veldhoven, near Eindhoven.

You'll find lots of Dutchies here. They're everywhere!

They are indeed, it's like a plague. ;)

BTW, my first U2 concert was also during the Zooropa tour (9 May 1993).

Mine was May 10th, Bono's Birthday party. Great show. They had some people dressed with big blowup outfits like cake's and such walking around. And they played Party girl.

Oh, and I immediately did think of Candy's version when I saw your nickname. The original is by the Average White Band, isn't it?

Martijn (has the Lily Was Here single, his first CD-single)

Yes, the original is by the Average White Band, but it's been covered many times. Candy released her version in 1993 and it's been a fixed feature in her setlist ever since.

Thanks for the welcome all.

Daniel (has every Candy single, I think)

Back
Top Bottom