Dublin Man - Living In Atlanta Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dub2501

The Fly
Hello all, just thought I'd post a quick note. I'm from Dublin, moved to Atlanta about a year ago (it's bloody hot) and liking it so far. Lets see, I've been into U2 since I was a kid in Dublin when a friend of mine played Bad in school and I was hooked on the now infamous guitar sounds. Still as hooked now as I was then and had the pleasure of actually meeting Bono twice, once in Dublin and once in the US. The first meeting was a total highlight of my life, I still remember my knees nearly going weak and the feeling of walking on air as I ran home afterwards.

Right, don't want to bore the arses off yees, so I'll finish up - dia duit!

:wave: Hi there!
I had the pleasure of meeting Bono last tuesday and I'm still giddy! Glad to know that the feeling can last a lifetime :D

:wave: :yes: First, Welcome to Interference!1 Second-Welcome to America!! I do hope you enjoy the South! and, yes-it gets very hot here in the south-that humidity, you know! ugh:eeklaugh: but congradulations on meeting the Man-twice! that will make you a celebrity around here!:wink:

Thanks for all the lovely responses, and they say Ireland is the land of 100,000 welcomes!! :)

I'm liking the south so far, people are really friendly, reminds me of home.

Someone asked where I met Bono, the first time was at a wrap party for Braveheart the film. A friend of mine was one of the camera men on it and took me to the party and I was introduced to Bono there. I could ramble on for ages about the conversation (mostly to do with moving from Ireland to the USA) but I won't bore the arses of ya with the details. The second time was actually in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was visiting some friends at the sametime he was doing his midwest tour for African Aid.

Right, that's enough waffling from me, thanks for the kind welcomes -

obviously I get happy when people from Atl post here.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy: :wave: HI, welcome to the ATL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What brings you to Atlanta? I am always curious when people move here from out of the country.

I am glad you like it so far. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom