Dan The Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThierryHenry

The Fly
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My names Daniel and i'm 17 currently living in Reading, England.

In the next two weeks i'm starting my A-levels in Busines, Physchology, Env. Science and Chemistry. God were have the six weeks off gone??!!

My interests include aviation and ofcourse playing the guitar.

I got into U2 when Beautiful day used to be used as the theme for "The Premiership" on ITV here in England. Fans of U2 since the early days will probably despise me for saying that, but in all fairness i hand'nt even really heard of U2 before this. Anyway, this led me to investigate further. I found that my dad had copies of The JT and Achtung baby and a few of the early U2 albums. I gave them a listen and slowly but surely I got more and more into U2 to the point were they became my favourite band and a bit of an obsession. I still remember the first time i heard the intro to Streets it simply sent shivers down my spine.

I still remember the first time i heard the intro to Streets it simply sent shivers down my spine.
I've NEVER had a live concert experience like when I saw U2 and heard them perform Streets. Goosebumps? Nah...that is an understatement. The entire arena was simply electrified....ugh....CANNOT wait for the next tour!!!!

I still remember the first time i heard the intro to Streets it simply sent shivers down my spine.

Welcome, Dan! I think Streets may be one of the major points of agreement in all fans. The first time I saw it live, all the hair stood up on my arms and I cried. It still has that affect on me sometimes when it comes up on the radio. (I've also said I hope the entrance to heaven sounds like that!)
Wait until you see it live!

Again, welcome!:wave:

Welcome, Dan! I think Streets may be one of the major points of agreement in all fans. The first time I saw it live, all the hair stood up on my arms and I cried. It still has that affect on me sometimes when it comes up on the radio. (I've also said I hope the entrance to heaven sounds like that!)
Wait until you see it live!

Again, welcome!:wave:

Thanks everyone!

Yep, i've seen Streets live too. I don't know which version is best but it's definately between The Sydney Zoo Tv and Boston Elevation. For some reason even though the Slane Castle version is amazing, i still prefer the two prior much more.

Can't wait to got to my first U2 show on their upcoming tour. Then hopefully i can relly here streets live. (Knowing my luck they'll drop it from that show lol)

Hi Dan, welcome to the club! It's going to be fun meeting up with other fans at future U2 concerts, maybe some of them even from here! It was fun for me when it happened (through Propaganda/some other U2 fanclub) ....

Good luck with school, too! :up:

Ani

Thanks a lot everyone for your warm welcome.

And yes, i can't wait to meet other U2 diehard fans. Were i live i feel like the only U2 fanatic around! My first U2 gig should be on the next tour in London so if anyones planning on going to the gig in London, hopefully Wembley hit me up on msn.

Back
Top Bottom