Coming up from the underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Dia Duit U2philes. I'm not sure where to begin. I'm not exactly new, and I'm not exactly well known either. Scratch that... I'm prolly not known here at all LOL.

My name is Trevor, I'm 24 years old and live in San Diego, Ca. I first fell in love with U2 on a school bus LOL. It was around November of 1984 when I was riding the bus to school. Back then I was a bit of a shy kid who read alot of books. I paused from my reading to listen closely to a now extremely familer piano intro. Can anyone guess what song it was? Yup, New Year's Day! I now know that it was actually released the year before... but until then, I had never heard anything like it. Keep in mind, I was six years old at the time. I couldn't have known what the words meant, or what Bono was singing about. I could hear, however, the passion in his voice. I felt the song deep inside me. Since then I've been faithfully listening to U2. Pretty deep eh? LOL

As for my Online U2 Fan presence... it started in 1997. I was better known as "PlayMoreU2." I constantly visited the AOL U2 Message boards and Chatrooms. Then I found the original WIRE mailinglist. As time went by, I got tired of the constant bickering, name calling, and competition amongst so called U2 Fans. I'm sure you know the type. It seems as if they think they are better than everyone else simply because they have met U2 so many times, have this many albums, etc. I got tired of it all. I took a break from my online presence, reinvented my name, and that's where I am today :wink: By the way, I'll give anyone special Kudos if they can successfully tell me what my new nickname, Cleasai, means in Irish Gaelic heh heh

:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: I'm sorry that this post was soooooo long! Oh ya, I also have a U2-related site here Urban Legends & Icons of U2 Take care & Watch More TV! ~Trevor (aka Cleasai)

follower said:
Welcome aboard! :)

Hey, you got me curious about your name...I have no clue on its meaning...

Yes, Welcome aboard! :) ...and I'm curious too!

New Year's Day is the first U2 song I heard and liked too! I became a fan after watching them on TV for the US Festival on 5/30/83.

Welcome Cleasai

I did Irish gaelic for 6 weeks so I can speak it fluently.
Cleasai means "giant footed hairy one who speaks no truths".

Attachments

• interwelcome.jpg
    interwelcome.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 55
zooropamanda said:
Cleasai means "giant footed hairy one who speaks no truths".

Heh heh, cute :tongue: I guess you are kinda right. Actually Cleasai is Gaelic for Trickster. You know, a person who plays tricks on people. A friend actually bestowed that title on me a few years back.

Thank you everyone, I already feel more accepted here than some of the 'other' groups. BostonAnne, I am jealous of you. That was the concert which Bono climbed all over the scaffolding with the War flag, wasn't it? I wish I could have seen it. By the way, are there any other San Diegans 'round here? Just wonderin' where y'all are from. Thanks again to the welcome crew :wink: Slainte ~Cleasai :tongue: (Heh, I can't get enough of that green guy heh heh)

:bono: Thank you Bonochick! I also visited your site. I now feel like I know you LOL! Isn't it weird who this internet thingy works? heh heh. The pictures of you and your lover boy (Fiance not Bono LOL) makes me wanna go out, find a lovely girl, and get settled myself LOL. I miss having someone at my side. Any takers? :sexywink: Oh ya, Ive been lurkin' around for a bit and I must say, I am amused with your family story signatures. Very original & cute :) =-Cleasai

welcome, Cleas! There, I've just shortened it to a nick name. ;) I'm sula...it's nice to meet you. I also stumbled upon this happy little community of U2 fans after getting fed up with WIRE, and coming on 2 years later, I still can't break the addiction. :D

So come on in, pull up a chair. Nice to have you on board!

-sula

Cleasai said:

Heh heh, cute :tongue: I guess you are kinda right. Actually Cleasai is Gaelic for Trickster. You know, a person who plays tricks on people. A friend actually bestowed that title on me a few years back.

Thank you everyone, I already feel more accepted here than some of the 'other' groups. BostonAnne, I am jealous of you. That was the concert which Bono climbed all over the scaffolding with the War flag, wasn't it? I wish I could have seen it. By the way, are there any other San Diegans 'round here? Just wonderin' where y'all are from. Thanks again to the welcome crew :wink: Slainte ~Cleasai :tongue: (Heh, I can't get enough of that green guy heh heh)

Yes, the US Festival 5/30/83 was when Bono climbed the rigging and waved the white flag to the audience during Electric Co. If you locate the bootleg on the internet, the announcer does a nice commentary of what is happening! I am hoping to get a copy of the show on tape at some point, it will be so neat to see it again after 19 years!

Oh, if you are really interested in the bootleg, I can hook up to New Media and you can copy it from my computer if we coordinate a time.

Back
Top Bottom