Chris in New Hampshire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NHChris

The Fly
Hi everyone!
My name is Chris, and I live in southern New Hampshire (Massachusetts sits 200 feet behind my house, to give you an idea how far south I actually live!).

I've been a fan of this band since WBCN (104.1 in Boston) crowed about U2 between 'Boy' and 'October.' I saw U2 headline their first arena show at the Worcester Centrum, recalling how 'sparse' the set looked (and wishing things would go back that way again). I remember hearing 'Party Girl' at that concert (and wishing things would go back that way again).

So, I count myself among those long-time fans that go back that far. Back many years ago, I struck up a correspondece with Patty C. of Chicago (perhaps some of you know her). I actually visited her home during a business trip to her city; we even attended a Billy Ray Cyrus concert together, so that gives you an idea how far back THIS goes! She was then, and perhaps is still now, the most authoritative U2 fan I had ever met. I thought I knew U2 well; she knows them VERY well.

Anyway, I lost track of Patty and I'm hoping that by chance she peruses these boards. My e-mail is vanveen@earthlink.net if someone can pass it along to her.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that good luck will allow me to see U2 either at the FleetCenter or (if I understand things correctly) at Gillette Stadium in 2005.

Chris in NH

Hi Lemon!

I'm in Brookline, a couple towns to the east of you. A 40-minute ride along 101 would put me near Rindge. Thank you for the welcome, everyone!

Chris

LOL on the S. New Hampshire fan base! Being essentially an extension of the Boston metro area, this region has its fair share of U2 fans, I'm sure. No better place to meet like-minded people than here.

By the way...did the New York Times review the new album?

Chris in NH

I can't answer that but the L.A. Times did and they gave it a whooping 4 of 5 Stars....:up:

Even our small Orange County Register gave it a thumbs up and that guy (Ben Wiener) hates everything!

Back
Top Bottom