Brief Intro.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El Farzo

Babyface
Hi all,
Brief history, considering this is my first post.

The first U2 song I listened to was HMTMKMKM, back in 1995. I was 7 at that time. Interestingly enough, I was more impressed by the video than the song (though I did like the song). :huh:
Well anyways, then in 1997 when I was 10 I had an Irish home room teacher. Her name was Mrs. Tomlinson (pretty sure that was it). For some school activity we had to pick a country and highlight certain strengths. Well our teacher picked Ireland, and our whole class had to contribute to the latter. That is when she played SBS, Pride and a few other songs (all 80s) to showcase U2. After hearing those I was like 'wow', this is the music I should be listening too! However nothing materialized :)() and I forgot about them until 2001... After ATYCLB came out I got interested again, and finally bought 'Best of 1980-90'. Then the following year I got the 'Best of 1990-00'. I listened to them A LOT but didn't get any other CD (I thought the greatest hits would be the best U2 had to offer :reject: ), thus the following couple of years everything calmed down... until the end of '04 and all of '05. I bought HTDAAB (reasoning that these songs weren't on 'Best of') the first day it came out, and after listening decided I was horribly wrong about the 'normal' albums not being great! Thus '05 has been crazy; have bought to date: Achtung Baby (BEST ALBUM EVER! :drool: ), Zooropa, Pop, ATYCLB, Slane, R&H (DVD) and Vertigo/Chicago. I haven't gotten any 80s albums yet, but that should change soon enough... :wink: . My friends give me a hard time now and then, saying U2 sucks and what not. But then I explain to them that the bands they listen to are complete shit, and aren't even in the same league as U2. Which usually shuts them up! :madspit:

Well...hope I didn't bore you all to death...hehe.

Why the fuck do teenagers hate U2?????

So what, they are not NSYNC or Good Charlotte, or Simple Plan or Sum 41 or Avril or Britney or Beyonce or Eminem.

All teenagers suck, except for the few ones that like U2.

hehe YAAY i don't suck! :hyper:
Welcome El Farzo! My friends like to use the old calling Bono, Boner or saying U2 hate their fans and have sold out :rolleyes: I feel so sorry for them :) Anyway, welcome again!

Hey everyone...thanx for the welcome! :wave:

About teenagers not liking U2....hmmm. I dunno, maybe because they want to be different and they show that by 'rebelling' against the biggest band in the world..? No clue really, can't understand why one would dislike such awesome music! :huh:

"But then I explain to them that the bands they listen to are complete shit, and aren't even in the same league as U2. Which usually shuts them up!"
lol so true

lots of my friends think U2 is overrated, but they just don't appreicate them at the level that we know them, so i just let it go and come here and have fun talking to all the u2 fanatics =) yayyy
hope to see you around more

Back
Top Bottom