Are Metallica fans welcome here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biochemcat

Babyface
Hi, I'm a newbie from San Diego. I used to be a huge Metallica fan until Jason Newsted left the band. It just goes to show how important the Bass player is to the band. I've just seen the light and recently re-discovered U2. This is a great site. I can't wait to start posting.:wave:

Man, Robert Trujillo is a way better player than Jason hehe. But you're right, Jason's stage presence and connection to the fans really was something amazing. Welcome to the board, I am also a Metallica fan, just not as much as I used to be.

Welcome! :wave:

I'm certain there are some other Metallica fans kicking around. Glad you're getting back into U2 as well though. :D

Hi.:wave: I'm Laura and I'm from Jersey. I like some Metallica.

You know the funny thing is my older brother went to a high school where his friends were hardcore Metallica fans back in the mid 80's before they got popular.....the funny thing is those hardcore Metallica fans were also.....hardcore U2 fans...interesting

Thanks for the welcome! I totally agree with Addicted about James' voice especially in the last part of King Nothing..."I wish I may, I wish I might...I want it all and I don't care how." Completely drool-worthy. :drool: Buzzkill, at my H.S., back in the early 90's, you had to pick between the two. There was a little concert T-shirt rivalry thing going on back in the day. The song "One" started the great divide, b/c both groups had songs of the same title, but completely different vibes.

I have some friends that saw Metallica last Saturday night in Philly. I saw them in 2003.

I really like James' voice also, I think his performance on The Unforgiven III is probably on of the best ones he has ever done.

I saw Metallica back in 2004 on the "St. Anger" tour, even though they only played 2 songs from that album (thankfully). Great band, love everything by them except St. Anger. Have not yet listened to the new album, but I will soon. Welcome!

One of my friends is a Metallica nut, kinda like I am with U2, but he doesn't do half the stuff I do.

:wave:Hi Biochemcat! Of course Metallica fans are welcome here! I'm a huge Metallica fan myself.
I saw them live in The Netherlands in 2003, on a festival called Fields of Rock. It was amazing! They played mostly old songs (except for 'One', which was a pity!) and only three songs from St. Anger (thank the God of Rock 'n' Roll!). We were standing in front of the stage and I almost caught Lars' drumstick after the concert, if it wasn't for a huge guy who pushed me aside!

I tried to get tickets for the Death Magnetic tour, but there is a new law in the Netherlands that you can only buy concert tickets on the internet, instead of the post office. That really sucked, with all these people logging in at the same time! Now I don't have tickets for March 30!:sad:

Back
Top Bottom