Another newbie here :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kliobedevil

Babyface
Hello everyone!!!!!!

I'm so glad I finally joined up after being a wallflower for so long reading posts and never posting ;)

My name is Klio, well my nickname and it's the one used most often.

I remember always listening to u2 casually when I was growing up but it was when I was 15 that I was downstairs in my little basement flipping through the channel and we had some HBO trial going on...remember back in those days :) Anyways I started watching the end of the Wim Wenders film, 'Until the end of the world,' and when the ending credits came on and u2's "Until the end of the world' came on, I was hooked. The funny thing was, I didn't even know who sang it! How ridiculous! The song stayed in my head for days, and after a week or so I was playing some music with a bunch of my friends when out of the blue I just decided to ask my friend and neighbor Josh if he knew the song. "Oh yeah, that's u2, I've got the cd." I freaked out and he let me borrow it.

That night after everyone left I went into my room and put the cd in. I was swept away. It was the most amazing thing I had ever heard, Achtung Baby, and I couldn't get enough of it. That was the beginning of it all. Years of passion for u2's music, I think every report I ever did in school was on Bono or the music of u2 ;) I read everything I could get my hands on and gathered an enormous amount of strength from the things Bono said about the loss of his mother because that summer when I was 15 I lost my father.

I've been able to see their past two shows in Minnesota and this tour I want to see even more! I'm saving up this time ;) I'm so glad I found like-minded people and I hope I can get to know many more of you :)

Thanks for listening :)
Klio

Back
Top Bottom