Am I in U2 heaven or U2 hell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
I've only been on the forum a few days and to tell you the truth I don't know which it is. I mean on one end I've already been insulted, attacked and seen the dark underbelly of the forum. Too dramatic? Maybe not for this forum. Though I have to say that my first post looking back probably deserved *some* of the replies it did.
But on the other end, I find most people here to be very nice. When the posts are good they're great. U2 fans really might be the smartest (on the average) fans in rock n' roll.

I'm Screwtape2 but my real name is Justin. I live in Warren Buffet Land/ Omaha, Nebraska. I've said this before but I think Warren Buffet's donation to the Bill & Melinda Gates fund puts Bono in his debt. Bono can/should/must repay Warren Buffet by playing Omaha on every tour.

I've always had this fantasy where I have a group a kids to take a spoon from thier house and "borrow" spoons from thier friends' houses. Then I send the spoons to Adam with a letter telling him how much I loved his bass work in Lemon. In turn, he sends me his surgeon's mask from Popmart. That's not weird is it.

I like alot of artists outside of U2:
Coldplay-some of you who are reading this are hissing at that.
Bush
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
The Cure-from reading forums it seems like a sin to like them
Depeche Mode
Dido
Kate Bush
Peter Gabriel
The Police-my favorite band
Sting
Prince
Todd Rundgren
and a hundred others

I don't know what else to say. Please don't destroy the image of nice, intellectual U2 fans. Hope to see you in the forum.

Screwtape2 said:
I've only been on the forum a few days and to tell you the truth I don't know which it is. I mean on one end I've already been insulted, attacked and seen the dark underbelly of the forum. Too dramatic? Maybe not for this forum. Though I have to say that my first post looking back probably deserved *some* of the replies it did.
But on the other end, I find most people here to be very nice. When the posts are good they're great. U2 fans really might be the smartest (on the average) fans in rock n' roll.

oooh! Now I'm dying to go read all the threads you've posted in so far. :D

Welcome though (I think this may be the first time I have posted in this section, but your thread title was too good to pass up. :) )

and as for the question posed by that title -- I think it might be a bit of both. :wink:

I had the same kinda experience when i first joined.......bizarre....never really admitted this before.....overall i was recieved nicely but very quickly on the scene i got picked on cause i said "eclipse" instead of "elipse" for the stage setup for U2....then i got hassled for my poor spelling....what else....absolutely got flamed for posting a picture of a rugby player in a "march madness" thread, because i innocently thought it wa about anything on sport in March..turns out it was only exclusively for Basketball!!:lol:

Anyhoo....enough of my bitchin'.....WELCOME TO INTERFERENCE!

Happy posting.....i wont hassle you *unless your're an Italian soccer player....he,he,he!* and beware of the trolls and don't feed them unless........... you want some fun!
:wink:

:wave: Welcome! I hope you stick around. It takes time to find your feet sometimes; learn which users tend to be a bit narky so are best left alone, learn which topics have already been discussed so many times it's flogging a horse to try and discuss them again etc. :hug:

Last edited:
Welcome Justin!! Your plan to get Adam's gas mask could just work in the end..:lol: We're glad you're here!!

Lol, hello fellow newbie.

Sorry if you got tripped up a little right out of the Interference starting gate.

I've had my own little mis-adventure so don't feel bad.

If we don't let it get to us too much you and I will make it through this ok.

WELCOME JUSTIN!!

Hope you enjoy this forum... afterall - it is pretty good. Very informative, VERY devoted,..... I think we have all had a *not so great* experience (OK, most of us!).... :eyebrow: Eventually you just learn not to take every comment personally...

Hey welcome to Interference. Really when you get used to it it's a fun place.

Just don't question U2 or your soul and the soul of everyone you care about will never cross the great seal and you'll be locked in the grail room for eternity. :happy:

Hi :wave: Your taste in music is really cool - I thought i was the only person out there who likes u2, pearl jam and kate bush! Quite a mix but very cool nonetheless!
And I felt just like you did when I first joined (i think everyone has had an 'experience') but if you can move on from that then I'm sure you will get alot more out of this forum dude!

[I like alot of artists outside of U2:
Coldplay-some of you who are reading this are hissing at that.
Bush
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
The Cure-from reading forums it seems like a sin to like them
Depeche Mode
Dido
Kate Bush
Peter Gabriel
The Police-my favorite band
Sting
Prince
Todd Rundgren
and a hundred others
Hi Justin, i love your music selection, i can't stand music snobbery either, like what you're saying about coldplay. I love a lot of midnight oil, REM, and even parts of hiss, boo, no Simple Minds so i've had some barracking in my time. Solidarity brother - take care - jules

hi justin..
had my share of HELL interference as well.
but i've figured out that it's prolly a test we all have to go thru to get to the boys, hahahaha....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom