A Sort of Homecoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhiannon64

War Child
Hello, everyone! This is my very first thread EVER! I absolutely love this website. I first discovered U2 back in 1981 when a friend asked me if I wanted to see them at a club on Long Island, NY called Malibu. However, I had no interest in going! Don't ask me why! It wasn't until 1983 that I fell in love with band after seeing the US Festival on MTV. (Yes, they actually used to show music videos). I didn't get to see them live until 1986 at the Los Angeles Amnesty Show. I got to see them 19 times all over the USA between the years of '86 and '92. Then came the 20 year break. After seeing all of those Joshua Tree dates I didn't understand the whole concept of "The Fly" and "Mirrorball Man." I was completely turned off. It wasn't until the reissue of the Achtung Baby Box Set that I started to listen to the band again. I can say that I now understand that record and see the humor in the characters! This past year has been a rediscovery of some really great music...I have ALOT of catching up to do! So after 20 years~this is A Sort of Homecoming.

Back
Top Bottom