A big Howdy-Do from North Carolina!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geanbean83

The Fly
Hey all,

I'm Gina and I've been floating around here on and off since this past fall. I posted several things in regards to the concert I was going to in Raleigh back in October.

I've been a U2 fan since I was a little girl. I'd love to meet some other people on here or even in my area (Greensboro, NC) who share my love of U2. In case anyone cares about my member preference, I love them all but I've always been a Bono girl through and through. :sexywink:

I just thought I'd introduce myself and let you all know that you'll be seeing more of me around here. :wave:

If anyone's interested I have y! msngr: geanbean83

Wilmington fan here - was also at the Raleigh show. I remember seeing some of your post in the Raleigh thread. Nice to have you on board. :wave: :D

Awww! Thanks for the love, guys. :) Keep me updated if there's gonna be any meetups or if anyone's making a pilgrimage to one of their far-away shows.

theedgeu2: I hear ya! That was my first U2 concert, believe it or not. The best word I can think of to describe that night is "magical". I think about it all the time.

Awww! Thanks for the love, guys. :) Keep me updated if there's gonna be any meetups or if anyone's making a pilgrimage to one of their far-away shows.

theedgeu2: I hear ya! That was my first U2 concert, believe it or not. The best word I can think of to describe that night is "magical". I think about it all the time.

Maybe we should look into a gathering in Raleigh around St. Patty's. :hmm: I know it'd be small, but it doesn't take many Blue Crackers to make for a good time. :D

Party on, Wayne? Party on, Garth.

Maybe we should look into a gathering in Raleigh around St. Patty's. :hmm: I know it'd be small, but it doesn't take many Blue Crackers to make for a good time. :D

That would be fab! I know that several ppl met up before, and after the concert, but I wasn't able to hang around. I'm definitely down for doing something over St. Pattys day. Being Scottish at least entitles me in some Celtic-sphere to get my Irish on once a year. :applaud: Count me in.

^ Ok, so counting me, that's 2 people who show some interest in a Raleigh Interference gathering. :laugh:

Some questions, then:
1) Do we want to pursue this gathering for St. Patty's or should we consider another weekend that would be less, er... rowdy? :D
2) Do you want to start the Raleigh Gathering thread or shall I? :wink:

^ Ok, so counting me, that's 2 people who show some interest in a Raleigh Interference gathering. :laugh:

Some questions, then:
1) Do we want to pursue this gathering for St. Patty's or should we consider another weekend that would be less, er... rowdy? :D
2) Do you want to start the Raleigh Gathering thread or shall I? :wink:

To answer your questions:

1)...I am all about getting a little rowdy on St. Patty's. :dance: Last year was, honestly, disappointing for me, so I'd love to get together with some other U2 fans.
2) Being that I'm new here and not great at this whole thread thing, and you're well-known and established here..would you mind starting a thread? I would greatly appreciate it. :D

...you're well-known and established here..
Wow. I guess this means I've officially reached the designation of 'Crack House Old Timer' (at least to some :) )

Back on subject, though, I'll get something started by this weekend & will post an update here directing any interested parties in the right direction. :D

BluRmGrl, LOL I wasn't trying to call you the crack-house old timer. But thats funny.:lol:

I'm looking forward to this. Its a shame I can't bring my dog. Last year I took him downtown here in Greensboro when he was still a little puppy, and people LOVED him. He's a Golden Retriever and his name is Guinness. Its fitting for St. Patty's, right? :hmm:

Lets invite Bono to our little get together. He needs to explore the Carolinas a bit more anyhow.

In my dreams....

Lets invite Bono to our little get together. He needs to explore the Carolinas a bit more anyhow.

:heart: This! :heart:

Good grief, could you imagine if by some bizarre twist of fate the man actually showed up? I'd at least pass out from surprise & quite possibly just die right on the spot. :faint: :lmao:

Anyway, here's the link to the gathering thread: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f232/raleigh-st-pattys-gathering-yes-204869.html#post6662744

Hopefully, we'll get a good response. :up:

Back
Top Bottom