Writing a paper on U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
...and i need album sales worldwide for every album including Passengers.
don't need for best ofs and u218. If you aren't sure write,please, what do you think is correct, i don't think that anyone will check my data but still

please

Pero said:
...and i need album sales worldwide for every album including Passengers.
don't need for best ofs and u218. If you aren't sure write,please, what do you think is correct, i don't think that anyone will check my data but still

please

There are confirmed sales figures for individual countries, but worldwide figures are "estimates" based on confirmed sales figures for various countries and regions, plus estimates of unknown figures for other area's.

This is one estimate of the figures you want:

Boy 3 million
October 3 million
WAR 8 million
Under A Blood Red Sky 8 million
Unforgettable Fire 8 million
Wide Awake In a America 3 million
Joshua Tree 30 million
Rattle And Hum 12 million
Achtung Baby 17 million
Zooropa 7 million
POP 6 million
All That You Can't Leave Behind 12 million
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb 9 million

TOTAL: 126 million

with the best of's added in

Best Of 1980-1990 16 million
Best Of 1990-2000 6 million
U218 5 million

TOTAL: 27 million

Combined total of albums and best of's: 153 million

I thought Bomb Sold 10 million by now? And I don't think the Joshua Tree is as high as that. More 20-25 million. Still you're the expert :wink:

Bones58 said:
I thought Bomb Sold 10 million by now? And I don't think the Joshua Tree is as high as that. More 20-25 million. Still you're the expert :wink:

I have not seen any information that would show that HTDAAB is much above 9 million at this point. It could be higher, but its not hit any major new certification levels in other countries or in Europe which is why I think its at best 9 to 9.5 million.

Keep in mind that the Joshua Tree has sold roughly the following amount in just these 5 countries:

United States 12 million
Canada 2 million
United Kingdom 2.7 million
France 2 million
Germany 1 million

Total from just these 5 countries is: 19.7 million copies sold!

Remember, the Joshua Tree was already at 14 million+ at the end of December 1987.

Back
Top Bottom