What version of album did you buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manicmarc

Babyface
I'm interested to know - what version of NLOTH did you buy?

Me - I went for the regular £9.99 dual case, as it fits on the shelf better! Anyone pay full-wack for the magazine version? Was it worth it?

Is there any breakdown of what was sold in general? I'm guessing only die-hard fans paid for the magazine format.

Standard CD and BOXSET - that way I have the book (same as magazine), digipack CD and DVD.
Two versions and I have everything :wave:

Standard cd since the boxset wasn't available yet, and in the afternoon I got the boxset.

Sold the cd to a friend later.

Standard CD and I'm going to buy the Vinyl tomorrow I think. Gonna hang it on my wall :D

:bow: NLOTH :drool:

My brother bought the deluxe edition with the poster and he said it is really easily torn when you're trying to take it out of the box. He ended up with this huge ugly tear mark on the CD case and on the poster because it's stuck in their on something. Really dumb design or really dumb user error.

I'm interested to know - what version of NLOTH did you buy?

Me - I went for the regular £9.99 dual case, as it fits on the shelf better! Anyone pay full-wack for the magazine version? Was it worth it?

Is there any breakdown of what was sold in general? I'm guessing only die-hard fans paid for the magazine format.

All of them.

iTunes standard format (for the 2 extra tracks) + Box set (discounted on Amazon) + the double vinyl record (just because it looks cool)

Let's see:
  1. vinyl
  2. magazine format (soft cover book)
  3. boxset
  4. regular CD
  5. special CD with book inside cover (similar to the version in the boxset, but the CD was sold separately)
  6. Japan (or Taiwan) version of CD with 12 songs (12th being the alternate version of the title track)
  7. iTunes special edition (with "Linear" download)

As a collector, I like getting the different versions of the album (if possible - still looking for alternate versions of some of U2's catalog releases).

Then I bought several copies of the basic CD for friends.

So even though I did the illegal download (as I just couldn't wait and had to hear it! :hyper: ), U2 more than obtained their $ from me on this album. :yes:

Nice one Doc, like you I have bought No Line on all the formats except download (if you can't hold it, it's no good!). Also got the regular CD from HMV in the UK as it comes with limited edition slipcase not available in shops. Saved about £38 buying the boxset and vinyl on Amazon on pre-order too!!

Doc, for some of U2's alternate versions of the albums, I assume you check out eil.com now and again? They are pretty good for that. Can be a bit expensive, but the quality is pretty good - can rely on it a bit more than say an ebay purchase. I collect all the alternate versions as well, including the singles! Just ordered the French card sleeve single for Boots from them!

Also if you're interested in music magazines from around the world with U2 on the cover or big article, check out magazinecafe.co.uk

I bought the box set (or as I like to refer to it, the super-mega-ultra-deluxe-funpack edition). I pre-ordered the special edition on iTunes as well.

None...but my sister got into U2 with HTDAAB and bought a single-disc edition of NLOTH. I didn't purchase the new album simply because I have no use for the CD to even take up space...I listen to everything in digital formats. I only bought HTDAAB because it came with a bonus DVD whereas the new boxed set with Linear is way too pricey.

None...but my sister got into U2 with HTDAAB and bought a single-disc edition of NLOTH. I didn't purchase the new album simply because I have no use for the CD to even take up space...I listen to everything in digital formats. I only bought HTDAAB because it came with a bonus DVD whereas the new boxed set with Linear is way too pricey.

Couldn't you purchase the download?

Truth hurt buddy? it sucks and i dont blow smoke up u2 ass. maybe they would make a better cd. if guys like you didnt. i have been a devout fan for 30 yrs. just turn 50 yrs old myself and seen them at their zenith and this is sad.all the great shows you guys talk about in boston area over the last 25yrs., i was at most front and center. i defended everything they put out and spent thousands of dollars and driven over hill and dail in driving snow storms from vermont to boston and back without a ticket in my hand just on luck.this is not rock, some u2 fans would buy banjo music because they had their name on the cover.

Truth hurt buddy? it sucks and i dont blow smoke up u2 ass. maybe they would make a better cd. if guys like you didnt. i have been a devout fan for 30 yrs. just turn 50 yrs old myself and seen them at their zenith and this is sad.all the great shows you guys talk about in boston area over the last 25yrs., i was at most front and center. i defended everything they put out and spent thousands of dollars and driven over hill and dail in driving snow storms from vermont to boston and back without a ticket in my hand just on luck.this is not rock, some u2 fans would buy banjo music because they had their name on the cover.

It may not be 'classic rock'. But its their best since Pop. U2 also have never been a classic rock band since their punk rock era in War. Also, why do people go on about how many shows they have been too and how that makes them a devout fan? I am 21, have followed the band for 6 years and seen one show on the Vertigo tour when they came to Brisbane. Does this not make me a devout fan by your definition? :doh:

Doctorwho :applaud:.

And in regards to which album - Standard Cd (Poor uni student)

I would love to get some vinyl albums since I here they are all the rave.

It makes you no less a fan,but some u2 fans will always defend them no matter what they put out. thats called blowing smoke for crap music, right mister icon :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Back
Top Bottom