What are U2's ticket sales in the US ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone else happen to notice with the terrible news regarding Bono that 2 more shows were now listed as SOLDOUT. I believe the new ones are Oakland and Chicago. Chicago seems a bit of a surprise considering the recent entries in this thread. Makes me think that many of the others will be getting listed as SOLDOUT soon.

Oakland was already sold out, but they released extra tickets. Chicago and Jersey are close to being sold out. I think the weak show was SLC, with about 6,000 tickets left. The other shows actually picked up. But if they reschedule some of the shows, it will be hard to sellout because some people travel from other places to see the band.

Pittsburgh sales are great so far 3 hours into sales! Multiples means i could get pairs of tickets, singles=1 ticket only.

July 26 Pittsburgh Heinz Stadium
$250 level 1 east side singles
$250 level 1 west side singles
$250 level 2 east side multiples
$250 level 2 west side multiples
$95 level 1 east side sold out
$95 level 1 north end singles
$95 level 1 west side singles
$95 level 2 east side singles
$95 level 2 north end multiples
$95 level 2 west side singles
$95 level 5 east side multiples
$95 level 5 north end sold out
$95 level 5 west side multiples
$55 GA sold out
$55 GA-Red Zone sold out
$55 level 1 east side sold out
$55 level 1 north end sold out
$55 level 1 west side singles
$55 level 2 east side singles
$55 level 2 north end sold out
$55 level 2 west side singles
$55 level 5 east side multiples
$55 level 5 north end multiples
$55 level 5 west side multiples
$30 level 1 east side sold out
$30 level 1 north end sold out
$30 level 1 west side sold out
$30 level 5 east side singles
$30 level 5 north end singles
$30 level 5 west side singles

Pittsburgh is selling much more better than I expected (I was expecting weaker sales due to East Lansing nearby).

Pittsburgh sales are great so far 3 hours into sales! Multiples means i could get pairs of tickets, singles=1 ticket only.

July 26 Pittsburgh Heinz Stadium
$250 level 1 east side singles
$250 level 1 west side singles
$250 level 2 east side multiples
$250 level 2 west side multiples
$95 level 1 east side sold out
$95 level 1 north end singles
$95 level 1 west side singles
$95 level 2 east side singles
$95 level 2 north end multiples
$95 level 2 west side singles
$95 level 5 east side multiples
$95 level 5 north end sold out
$95 level 5 west side multiples
$55 GA sold out
$55 GA-Red Zone sold out
$55 level 1 east side sold out
$55 level 1 north end sold out
$55 level 1 west side singles
$55 level 2 east side singles
$55 level 2 north end sold out
$55 level 2 west side singles
$55 level 5 east side multiples
$55 level 5 north end multiples
$55 level 5 west side multiples
$30 level 1 east side sold out
$30 level 1 north end sold out
$30 level 1 west side sold out
$30 level 5 east side singles
$30 level 5 north end singles
$30 level 5 west side singles

Very impressive. I was at the May 2001 show in Pittsburgh which did not completely sellout in the Arena there. There was around 16,500 in attendance. The 2nd level rear area was not opened to ticket sales which would probably have added another 1,500 seats.

So from 16,500 in 2001, to what could be as many as 65,000 in 2011 in Pittsburgh is very impressive, even though there are obviously some other factors contributing to the sales with there being no shows in Ohio, and it being the last show in North America.

So, lets hope they now add Baltimore, Nashville and Winnipeg. Apparently Winnipeg has already been confirmed.

Here is 2 hours into sales. Really good sales so far, kinda funny that GA is still available but they'll probably be gone in a few hours. Multiples means I could pull up pairs of tickets, singles only one so basically that price level is sold out.

May 29 Winnipeg Canad Inns Stadium
$252 east side multiples
$252 west side multiples
$99 east side lower singles
$99 east side upper singles
$99 west side lower singles
$99 west side upper singles
$59 GA Red Zone sold out
$59 GA Floor multiples
$59 north end zone multiples
$45 east side upper sold out
$45 north end zone sold out
$45 south end stands multiples
$45 west side upper sold out

Here we are 14 hours later with better results.

May 29 Winnipeg Canad Inns Stadium
$252 east side multiples
$252 west side singles
$99 east side lower singles
$99 east side upper singles
$99 west side lower singles
$99 west side upper singles
$59 GA Red Zone sold out
$59 GA Floor multiples
$59 north end zone multiples
$45 east side upper sold out
$45 north end zone sold out
$45 south end stands singles
$45 west side upper sold out

i'll post this here as well since it belongs in this thread..:wink:

here were ticketmasters results 1 month before the injury, 2 months after, and today. as you can see originally the usa leg was almost sold out. now you can see that since the dates were rescheduled, 18 multiples dwindled down to either being sold out or only single tickets available only. the only show i have not included in here is salt lake city since it is not on ticketmaster and of course the new shows that have been added to the 2011 leg.

1 month before Injury
135-single/sold out sections
30-multiples sections

2 months after Injury
68-single/sold out sections
97-multiples sections

NOW
86-single/sold out sections
79-multiples sections

forgot to mention there are 10 more multiple sections where i could only pull up 3 tickets at once so they are close to selling out as well.

Now with a 3rd show added in Mexico City, the seat capacity for the N. American leg 2011 is up to 1,591,242 and with the looks of a few more shows being added, both N. American treks for the 360 tour will be around 3 million people. This will top Zoo t.v.'s and Popmart's number of peole they played to in N. America for sure on a single tour. This is at least double of what they played to in N. America for the elevation and vertigo tour.

Baltimore 12 hours after going on sale. I don't know why it lists red zone as being $55 but I put the result of it anyways. there are a few concerts on ticketmaster that list red zone this way so i'm just reporting what i see.

June 22 Baltimore M&T Bank Stadium
$250 club level side multiples
$250 lower level side multiples
$95 club level end singles
$95 club level side singles
$95 lower level end singles
$95 lower level side singles
$95 upper level side multiples
$55 GA multiples
$55 GA red zone sold out
$55 end zone notch singles
$55 lower level end multiples
$55 lower level side singles
$55 upper level end singles
$55 upper level side singles
$30 end zone notch sold out
$30 lower level end singles
$30 lower level side sold out
$30 upper level end multiples
$30 upper level side singles

Here is St. Louis. I don't like the ticket site because it seems you can't even choose a certain price level area. How can you try to choose GA with the way it's set up? Well, here is the results I got so far 11 hours after going on sale.

July 17 St. Louis Busch Stadium
$250 price level 1 multiples
$95 price level 2 multiples
$55 price level 3 singles
$30 price level 4 singles

When U2 comes back to the United States in 2011, it will make up the concerts that were postponed following Bono's emergency surgery last summer. U2 will find that Mid-Atlantic venues contain the most attendees, according to data from the TicketNetwork exchange.

The four Mid-Atlantic venues that the Irish band will visit next summer -- New Meadowlands Stadium in New Jersey, Lincoln Financial and Heinz Fields in Pennsylvania, and M&T Bank Stadium in Maryland -- account for 38% of all U2 tour tickets currently sold, according to TicketNetwork data at the time of this release.*

The region of the country closest in ticket sales to the Mid-Atlantic is the West North Central, where the only venue scheduled to be visited, Busch Stadium in Missouri, accounts for 21% of U2 tickets sold. All other regions lag far behind the leaders. For example, less than 1% of tickets have sold in the Mountain States.

The 2011 American leg of the 360° Tour will begin on May 21 in Denver, CO, and will end on July 26 in Pittsburgh, PA.

PR-CANADA.net - TicketNetwork Advisory -- Most U2 Tour Tickets Purchased Are for Mid-Atlantic Venues

Can someone explain this? Let's say 1,000,000 tickets have been sold by now (which is an underestimation because this number comes from before any new shows have been added). 21% = 210,000 tickets sold for St. Louis? Less than 1% means less than 10,000 tickets sold for Denver and Salt Lake City combined? lol I'm sure I'm getting it wrong. ;)

Back
Top Bottom