Week 9 Vertigo chart news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

Since Vertigo has entered the charts at different weeks in various countries, it is difficult to have one thread dedicated to the lead-off single of HTDAAB. However, I do want to make a try. :)
For this, I've chosen the timeline as used for the US Hot 100 chart.

Well, there's no information available about week 9 in that chart yet. However, there is information available for other countries.

UK
After the single debuted at #1 last week, Vertigo drops out of the top 5 to #7 in its second week. Nevertheless, this is their fifth UK #1 on their own (and even sixth if you count Take Me To The Clouds Above by LMC Vs. U2 which reached #1 earlier this year).
Vertigo's chart run in the UK is:
1-7

Netherlands
Last week Vertigo almost made it to the top spot in the Netherlands when it debuted at #2. This is the fifth time a U2 single in the Dutch top 10 (with the other four being The Unforgettable Fire (1985, #4), The Sweetest Thing (1998, #10), Beautiful Day (2000, #1) and Electrical Storm (2002, #4)). It is their 32nd chart entry in the Dutch charts and their 22nd top 10 hit. Unfortunately, Vertigo does not grab the top position this week, dropping to #3 instead. And while that drop is quite low, I fear that the single will only go down even more, now that the album has been released.
Here's Vertigo's chart run in the Netherlands:
2-3

Australia
In its first week, Vertigo barely made it to the top 5. However, this is more or less in line with their recent chart performance since the release of ATYCLB. While Beautiful Day made it to #1 and Stuck... reached #3, all the other singles from ATYCLB and Electrical Storm made it to #5 or lower. However, they all reached the top 10, just like this song. In its second week Vertigo does take a deep dive, as it tumbles to #16.
Vertigo's chart run in Australia:
5-16

This week may also see the first appearance on the charts for HTDAAB in those countries where the street date has been violated. Those figures will get their own thread. :)

C ya!

Marty

marty

good idea, but shouldn't the most important chart be included - the world chart (informed by airplay, traditional sales and paid-for downloads) where Vertigo currently sits at 2 - a major achievement in my opinion

Mike

Back
Top Bottom