Week 64

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

:lmao:

Green Day is a band for people who like shit music.

Why do you feel the need to insult peoples' taste in music every time they disagree with you? I don't usually say things that are personal but you deserve it based on your constant shitty attitude for all things not 80's U2 or HTDAAB.

Yes, I may like Green Day and (gasp) Coldplay. I also listen to indie bands, classic rock, blues, jazz, rap, country (not the modern Nashville variety), soul, reggae, etc. You need to not be so narrow-minded.

Sorry for the rant. I actually like you most of the time and am not actually angry or anything, I am just tired of the same comments over and over. Say something original!

I like Greenday and I wouldn't consider my taste in music to be shit!!!!I'd listen to all of the following:

U2, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Beatles, Blondie, Queen, Bob Dylan, Bryan Adams, Coldplay, Bon Jovi, Fleetwood Mac, Green Day, Guns n' Roses, Keane, Killers, Simon & Garfunkal, Madonna, Meatloaf, Michael Jackson, Oasis, The Saw Doctors, Dubliners, Sheryl Crow, The Verve, The Police, The Corrs, The Cranberries, R.E.M., Thin Lizzy, Tracy Chapman, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Van Morisson, Johnny Cash, The Eagles, Gwen Stefani, Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, AC;DC, Robbie Williams,Santana, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Elvis.

Who thinks that list is shit????

I didn't think so!!!!

I don't understand the need to downgrade other bands! Coldplay, Oasis and Greenday have come in for very undeserved stick on these forums! Can we please get back to the purpose of this forum please!

04072511 said:
I don't understand the need to downgrade other bands! Coldplay, Oasis and Greenday have come in for very undeserved stick on these forums! Can we please get back to the purpose of this forum please!

:up:

04072511 said:
I like Greenday and I wouldn't consider my taste in music to be shit!!!!I'd listen to all of the following:

U2, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Beatles, Blondie, Queen, Bob Dylan, Bryan Adams, Coldplay, Bon Jovi, Fleetwood Mac, Green Day, Guns n' Roses, Keane, Killers, Simon & Garfunkal, Madonna, Meatloaf, Michael Jackson, Oasis, The Saw Doctors, Dubliners, Sheryl Crow, The Verve, The Police, The Corrs, The Cranberries, R.E.M., Thin Lizzy, Tracy Chapman, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Van Morisson, Johnny Cash, The Eagles, Gwen Stefani, Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, AC;DC, Robbie Williams,Santana, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Elvis.

Who thinks that list is shit????

I didn't think so!!!!
I clearly don't understand what Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Bryan Adams, Michelle Branch and Gwen Stefani are doing here :)drool: ) but the rest is good :wink:

The new numbers of Ireland and Japan are showing that the Bomb can climb again this week, it's great !

MJDangerous said:

I clearly don't understand what Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Bryan Adams, Michelle Branch and Gwen Stefani are doing here :)drool: ) but the rest is good :wink:

:wink: Ah well, everyone has got different tastes!

STING2 said:
Well, if you really prefer that many albums to HTDAAB, I'm surprised you would even bother coming to interference.:wink:

There's a few reasons. U2's material that came before that is enough to make them my second favorite act of all time (after The Beatles). With U2, there's always stuff to talk about since they're constantly in the spotlight, etc. And the best moments on HTDAAB ("Vertigo", "Miracle Drug", "Sometimes", "City" and "ABOY") did manage to blow away almost anything else I've heard in the last few years.

i know i'm 2 weeks late, but this is the first i've actually thought of it since then.

49th is a highly disapointing result coming off the grammys... yes yes, i know... 512% increase, whoopity doo. but i was honestly expecting, after an album of the year win, for the album to jump into the top 25. maybe if they would have played a newer song off the album, species or even city of blinding lights... instead of the over-played vertigo and one... they would ahve seen a greater jump.

oh, and one more thing... american idiot blows how to dismantle an atomic bomb out of the water... and i agree with whoever said that green day's next album won't approach what idiot did, because frankly i don't know how they can top this album... but anyone who thinks american idiot sound exactly like dookie frankly has never listened to either album.

that's like saying that boy sounds like achtung baby.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i know i'm 2 weeks late, but this is the first i've actually thought of it since then.

49th is a highly disapointing result coming off the grammys... yes yes, i know... 512% increase, whoopity doo. but i was honestly expecting, after an album of the year win, for the album to jump into the top 25. maybe if they would have played a newer song off the album, species or even city of blinding lights... instead of the over-played vertigo and one... they would ahve seen a greater jump.

oh, and one more thing... american idiot blows how to dismantle an atomic bomb out of the water... and i agree with whoever said that green day's next album won't approach what idiot did, because frankly i don't know how they can top this album... but anyone who thinks american idiot sound exactly like dookie frankly has never listened to either album.

that's like saying that boy sounds like achtung baby.

"whoopity doo"? Can you name another Album of The Year winner with a larger sales increase than HTDAAB had the following week? Has U2 ever had a 512% increase in sales after one week for any of its albums at any time in the past?

Anyone that has ever looked at the Grammy Awards and post-sales effects in the past knows that where an album is selling in the week prior to the awards ceremony plays a big factor in where it will end up after the Grammy awards in terms of chart position and sales.

Vertigo Tour has now Grossed $326 million dollars compared to just $36 million for the American Idiot Tour.

Back
Top Bottom