week 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Australia this week #3, but very big sales.
The two albums above it have both shipped 4x Platinum in just 2 weeks! Hopefully I'll be able to find some sales figures.
Estimate for U2: 35-40k

ChargedVT said:
Australia this week #3, but very big sales.
The two albums above it have both shipped 4x Platinum in just 2 weeks! Hopefully I'll be able to find some sales figures.
Estimate for U2: 35-40k

That's ok, still pretty much holding then. Btw, according to the Melbourne Herald Sun.com that 'Boned' 12th Man album sold 46k last week @ # 1 (too bad it's a Cricket/Ashes thing though :grumpy: )

Last edited:
05 05 U2 - U218: Singles
04 04 Il Divo - Siempre
03 03 Westlife - The Love Album
02 02 Oasis - Stop The Clocks
01 01 Take That - Beautiful World
^ UK

UK.

SINGLES
30,000 Take That

229001 Take That (+15%)
151903 Oasis (+13%)
150467 Westlife (+22%)
121557 Il Divo
113682 U2 (+8%)
106852 Beatles (+17%)
96483 Snow Patrol
95785 Girls Aloud
92498 George Michael

must say im slightly disapointed, with only 8% up on last week.

Last edited:
Brazil #12 (#14) - Only it's third week of release in this country though.

Netherlands, I believe it's #6 again, but the chart only has the current position, no Last Week or No. Of Weeks data.

ChargedVT said:
Brazil #12 (#14) - Only it's third week of release in this country though.

And there's a major detail also , there's no deluxe edition here yet , Thousands of fans like me , are waiting for the Milan dvd to buy it

BTW it's the most well sold DVD , u2 18 in brazil

Mildly off topic - but how about those sales for Take That? I thought they'd sell well - but three weeks at number one - and constant sale increases is frankly amazing. At this rate Take That will have the biggest album of their careers.

Oh and yay to U2!

Italy #5 (#5)

BTW the #1 album in Australia this week (Australian Idol winner) sold 89k, that is a MASSIVE amount for this country.

mikeuk said:

Do we know what the U2 disc sold ?

Mike

Not at the moment.
Sales figures are very hard to come by here in Australia. There is one site - undercover.com.au that sometimes has them, but not very often at all. Usually it's only when they are bagging out the latest Australian idol by saying it's shipped this many but has only actually sold that many.
Going by the amount shipped and position in chart, I would say it sold 35-40k this week here in Oz.

Very big news for New Zealand...

After being at #2 last week, this week it's back at #1, and has been re-certified as 3x platinum!!!! (45k) (very small market!)

Meanwhile the 18 Videos DVD is STILL number 1 and platinum.

Yeah, they might, but I think Window is a strong enough track to give the album the bump it needs to reach the top.

Sales are much lower (& so back to normal) in January. 50-90k is about average for the # 1 album. I think Stop The Clocks has the better chance at being # 1 & / or staying higher up in the album chart in the near future, simply because Oasis are now getting the lifetime achievment award at the Brits. This brings MASSIVE publicity. Look what happened with U2's albums back in 2001 when they got it - sales went through the roof! I think that's in Febuary though.

ps - great U218 is up to 4 in UK midweeks. Top 5 this week last year EACH did over 200k!

Last edited:
Spain : down 2 to 11
Canada : down 2 to 12 with total sales at about 70k (certified 1xPlatinum for 100k shipped in November).

Back
Top Bottom