Week 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here the top 5 of the album charts:

1. Green Day 369k
2. Ray Charles 316k
3. Maroon5 211k
4. The Game 185k
5. U2 162k

Total: HTDAAB 6,700,000

fitz said:
Here the top 5 of the album charts:

1. Green Day 369k
2. Ray Charles 316k
3. Maroon5 211k
4. The Game 185k
5. U2 162k

Total: HTDAAB 6,700,000

A modest increase of 15% - let's hope for even more next week

Mike

mikeuk said:

A modest increase of 15% - let's hope for even more next week

Mike

to me next week there will be a decrease in sales as the Grammy effect is over and i expect to see it reflected in the total sales...of course i expect almost every album in the top 10 to have a decrease.

Dima said:

to me next week there will be a decrease in sales as the Grammy effect is over and i expect to see it reflected in the total sales...of course i expect almost every album in the top 10 to have a decrease.

I agree that sales inthe US (around 30% of Bomb's sales in this week) are likely to decrease, but ROW is more difficult to predict.

Mike

We should have a special thread created each time The Bomb detonates a million copies!

7million!

8million!

etc:D

HTDAAB has shipped over three million copies to stores......therefore, it is three times platinum........

I think the Grammy effect will still keep the album selling well for the next few weeks.....and I think we will see some stabilization later on once "Sometimes" starts becoming a massive hit on AC stations.....which we all know is going to happen.

blueyedpoet said:
any reason why Billboard.com lists U2 at 3 million copies?

Billboard.com only tracks sales in the United States on their Billboard 200 chart.

www.mediatraffic.de tracks sales WORLDWIDE. BOMB has currently shipped 8,500,000 copies to retailers worldwide and 6,700,000 copies have been purchased by consumers.

STING2 said:

Billboard.com only tracks sales in the United States on their Billboard 200 chart.

www.mediatraffic.de tracks sales WORLDWIDE. BOMB has currently shipped 8,500,000 copies to retailers worldwide and 6,700,000 copies have been purchased by consumers.

The mediatraffic figures presents "only" nearly 95% of the worldwide figures. So the correct figure is above 7 million copies.

fitz said:

The mediatraffic figures presents "only" nearly 95% of the worldwide figures. So the correct figure is above 7 million copies.

I could be wrong, but I doubt the remaining 5% sold 300,000 copies of HTDAAB. There's probably a reason why mediatraffic doesn't track those countries - either there's very weak CD sales or there's an extremely high piracy rate, which again, drops legit CD sales.

Speaking of the Eurocharts...

U2 is a solid 2 on the European Top 100 albums, and while the grammy effect was a factor, Sometimes debuts on the European Top 100 singles at #4, while Vertigo is still hanging in there at #57. I think U2 can continue to maintain it's weekly album sales, or even take it up a notch, if Sometimes turns into the worldwide smash hit that many folks think it will.

That's been Green Day's formula for rising album sales. Their current single has peaked, though, so U2 has an opportunity to knock them out of the top spot, at least in Europe and maybe on the World Chart.

Re: Speaking of the Eurocharts...

beLIEve said:
U2 is a solid 2 on the European Top 100 albums, and while the grammy effect was a factor, Sometimes debuts on the European Top 100 singles at #4, while Vertigo is still hanging in there at #57. I think U2 can continue to maintain it's weekly album sales, or even take it up a notch, if Sometimes turns into the worldwide smash hit that many folks think it will.

That's been Green Day's formula for rising album sales. Their current single has peaked, though, so U2 has an opportunity to knock them out of the top spot, at least in Europe and maybe on the World Chart.

Would like to know your source ! Mine showed (http//allcharts.org.music) Bomb at 2 (yay), but no mention of Sometimes in the Top 10

Mike

SPAIN

Chart: 1-5-5-5-5-6-6-9-9-9-10-9-12

Sales: 100,000+

Vertigo Run: 1-1-1-4-1-2-3-3-4-1-2-4-3-3-8

Sometimes Run: 1

YES, two U2 singles inside the spanish top 10 :D

Vox

Back
Top Bottom