Week 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Album has dropped 3 places in todays mids in the UK to number 22, i would be quite happy with that myself,

single not in top 40 as expected

Album has dropped 3 places in todays mids in the UK to number 22, i would be quite happy with that myself,

single not in top 40 as expected

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the album usually gain in the UK charts as the midweeks progress? I believe that has been the case for the past 2-3 weeks, so hopefully it continues. What was last Tuesday's chart position in the UK?

correct me if i am wrong but doesn't the album usually gain in the uk charts as the midweeks progress? I believe that has been the case for the past 2-3 weeks, so hopefully it continues. What was last tuesday's chart position in the uk?

Poland:

Week 11

NLOTH:
1-1-1-1-2-3-3-5-5-6 - 8

...and just to compare...
HTDAAB:
1-1-3-5-6-4-8-11-8-12-18-15........

Magnifiecent really has done a job here in the UK, ok fair enough it wasnt top 40 etc etc, but it has kept the album in the top 20, let alone the top 40 for the last 2 weeks, and imo that is amazing.

Disappointing if you compare to Lily Allen, Lady GaGa, Pink, Prodigy. Those albums had real hit singles, Magnificent helped sales maybe even saved the album but it was nothing amazing sadly

Oh come on, the album was set to totally drop out of the top 40 a couple of weeks back, so for it to climb back into the top 20 based on a single IMO is pretty amazing.

And i know what your saying about lady gaga etc, but they are popular with the kids, likewise with the prodigy, they are "hip" with college kids.

Oh come on, the album was set to totally drop out of the top 40 a couple of weeks back, so for it to climb back into the top 20 based on a single IMO is pretty amazing.

And i know what your saying about lady gaga etc, but they are popular with the kids, likewise with the prodigy, they are "hip" with college kids.

But it's hardly amazing if it only got a few thousand extra sales, I really don't think Magnificent brought in any new fans, at best I'd imagine it convinced people U2 hadn't lost it after Boots. Magnificent has probably saved the album but it's not an amazing hit single, there's 900,000 people out there who bought a U2 album last time who haven't this time. Either these guys who bought Bomb really hated it or they really don't like the singles being released. 1,200,000 million people bought the last album, 300,000 have bought this album, Magnificent increased sales by less than 3000, in chart positions it's impressive, in sales terms it's a drop in the ocean

But Prodigy weren't hip last time, the sold like 300,000 copies of their last album and now suddenly they can outsell U2 and yeah they're cool with the college kids but the only reason that happens if because people like their singles. It's not like college kids are told what's hip with them, music they like just becomes hip. That's what being popular is. U2 are getting by on name now, and they cost themselves a tonne of sales with Boots and Magnificent looks like it's going to be forgotten about outside the fan base within months, to people U2 are gonna be Beautiful Day and Vertigo and that's not gonna get album sales

But it's hardly amazing if it only got a few thousand extra sales, I really don't think Magnificent brought in any new fans, at best I'd imagine it convinced people U2 hadn't lost it after Boots. Magnificent has probably saved the album but it's not an amazing hit single, there's 900,000 people out there who bought a U2 album last time who haven't this time. Either these guys who bought Bomb really hated it or they really don't like the singles being released. 1,200,000 million people bought the last album, 300,000 have bought this album, Magnificent increased sales by less than 3000, in chart positions it's impressive, in sales terms it's a drop in the ocean

But Prodigy weren't hip last time, the sold like 300,000 copies of their last album and now suddenly they can outsell U2 and yeah they're cool with the college kids but the only reason that happens if because people like their singles. It's not like college kids are told what's hip with them, music they like just becomes hip. That's what being popular is. U2 are getting by on name now, and they cost themselves a tonne of sales with Boots and Magnificent looks like it's going to be forgotten about outside the fan base within months, to people U2 are gonna be Beautiful Day and Vertigo and that's not gonna get album sales

some good points there. prodigy werent very big a few years ago and they still arent now, although the singles sucess has been a bit surprising. NLOTH isnt like bomb at all, im a huge fan of bomb and can perhaps understand why 900,000 people who bought it may not have bought NLOTH. in terms of sales, the hit single means the difference between massive success and also rans.

What a rubbish statement to make!

Bomb has sold 1.2 million in 5 years! NLOTH has been out 10 weeks! I do not have the exact figures in front of me but at a guess Bomb sold about 500,000 after 10 weeks here in UK and these where also the 10 weeks leading upto Xmas which at a guess would put about 75,000 - 100,000 extra on it and also we are in a major resession so that would count for about 25,000 copies. So realistically NLOTH is about 75,000 down from Bomb at the same time which in my opinion would be done to the sheer strength of Vertigo as a lead single as it appealed to the masses where as Boots did not! And do you also have the figures that say 300,000 is the total sold so far as i was under the impression it was 350,000.

and too be honest who gives a F*** if it sells more or less than Bomb? Do people on here only think a new U2 album is any good just cus it sells loads? or a new U2 album is crap cus it does not sell as many as the last one? come on please!

I just ask people to decide on there own whether they like the album or not and not base there decision on how many it sells to the general public. I actually love the new album but based on this forum i should hate it because it has not sold as many as the last 2 albums!

This is the problem with U2 fans they only care how many copies they sell and not if the album is actually any good or not!

as has been said many times before this part of the forum is regarding U2 sales, so people who read and post do care. bomb has sold 1.2M in 5 years, but 900k of those were in the first month or so. personally i feel bomb is much the better album, its a collection of great songs of which most could have been singles.

Bomb has sold 1.2 million in 5 years! NLOTH has been out 10 weeks! I do not have the exact figures in front of me but at a guess Bomb sold about 500,000 after 10 weeks here in UK and these where also the 10 weeks leading upto Xmas which at a guess would put about 75,000 - 100,000 extra on it and also we are in a major resession so that would count for about 25,000 copies. So realistically NLOTH is about 75,000 down from Bomb at the same time which in my opinion would be done to the sheer strength of Vertigo as a lead single as it appealed to the masses where as Boots did not! And do you also have the figures that say 300,000 is the total sold so far as i was under the impression it was 350,000.

and too be honest who gives a F*** if it sells more or less than Bomb? Do people on here only think a new U2 album is any good just cus it sells loads? or a new U2 album is crap cus it does not sell as many as the last one? come on please!

I just ask people to decide on there own whether they like the album or not and not base there decision on how many it sells to the general public. I actually love the new album but based on this forum i should hate it because it has not sold as many as the last 2 albums!

This is the problem with U2 fans they only care how many copies they sell and not if the album is actually any good or not!

The majority of Bomb's sales were in the first few months, Bomb sold fast and fell after but it sold a lot more than NLOTH by this point.

The album so far has sold just over 290,000 in the UK, that's it it hasn't crossed 300,000 yet and it's selling 7,000 a week now, was down to 4,000 before Magnificent

Who cares how it sells? We're on an area of the forum where we discuss sales, we have nothing else to talk about in this area of the forum so we talk about how it sells.

If you want to talk about how great the album is without bringing in sales the majority of the forum is dedicated to that, this part is about sales. It has nothing to do with how good an album is (I think NLOTH is better, some think Bomb is) this is all irrelevant. We're discussing sales, we're not trying to say whether the album sucks or not. I'm interested in sales and charts, it has nothing to do with how I enjoy music, I just find it interesting (Maybe it's because I'm a business student), if you don't have any interest in charts well then there's no real point in posting here

If you want to talk about how great the album is without bringing in sales the majority of the forum is dedicated to that, this part is about sales. It has nothing to do with how good an album is (I think NLOTH is better, some think Bomb is) this is all irrelevant. We're discussing sales, we're not trying to say whether the album sucks or not. I'm interested in sales and charts, it has nothing to do with how I enjoy music, I just find it interesting (Maybe it's because I'm a business student), if you don't have any interest in charts well then there's no real point in posting here

Your wrong, the majority of this forum is not dedicated to sales.....this entire forum(peeling off those dollar bills) is dedicated to sales (either tour,album, singles or movie grosses). Sales are very important to the people that come to this forum, hence why we talk about them. I enjoy U2's music and in turn I also want them to sell millions of albums because I want others to like/love them. I also find sales as a great gauge for how popular/successful an artist is at any given time (not how good but how popular...they are very very different...see the Spice Girls or Back Street boys circa 1997). I understand if someone feels different then me on this but thats why I come here to talk about it because I know the other sales "geeks" will be right here with me (even a Gibson Explorer adds value to this forum). Anyway, I do agree with the previous poster that Bomb was out during X-mas time, which is a HUGE sales time. I think we need to watch NLOTH to see if it can gain some momentum and make its way to 1,1.5,2,2.5 or even 3 million in sales (give it time...you never know).

:up::up::up::up::up: .

Your wrong, the majority of this forum is not dedicated to sales.....this entire forum(peeling off those dollar bills) is dedicated to sales (either tour,album, singles or movie grosses). Sales are very important to the people that come to this forum, hence why we talk about them. I enjoy U2's music and in turn I also want them to sell millions of albums because I want others to like/love them. I also find sales as a great gauge for how popular/successful an artist is at any given time (not how good but how popular...they are very very different...see the Spice Girls or Back Street boys circa 1997). I understand if someone feels different then me on this but thats why I come here to talk about it because I know the other sales "geeks" will be right here with me (even a Gibson Explorer adds value to this forum). Anyway, I do agree with the previous poster that Bomb was out during X-mas time, which is a HUGE sales time. I think we need to watch NLOTH to see if it can gain some momentum and make its way to 1,1.5,2,2.5 or even 3 million in sales (give it time...you never know).

When I said the majority of this forum wasn't about sales I meant the majority of INTERFERENCE, and then I said this is the part of the forum associated with sales. All I was saying was that I don't see why people who DON'T have any interest in sales post here. Your reply reads like you didn't even read my post

Originally Posted by andyuk

This is the problem with U2 fans they only care how many copies they sell and not if the album is actually any good or not

:up::up::up::up::up:

When I said the majority of this forum wasn't about sales I meant the majority of INTERFERENCE, and then I said this is the part of the forum associated with sales. All I was saying was that I don't see why people who DON'T have any interest in sales post here. Your reply reads like you didn't even read my post

Could someone provide information on HTDAAB total chart run in the UK, including sales so as to see if andyuk´s claim holds water?

I agree with irishteen and others, this forum was created to discuss about "the business side of U2" so it´s only natural that we care about sales. As someone else previously stated, our main concern here is not whether U2 is the best band in the world but whether U2 is the biggest band in the world.

I mean, we all know U2 is the best band in the world right? :hyper:

Could someone provide information on HTDAAB total chart run in the UK, including sales so as to see if andyuk´s claim holds water?

I agree with irishteen and others, this forum was created to discuss about "the business side of U2" so it´s only natural that we care about sales. As someone else previously stated, our main concern here is not whether U2 is the best band in the world but whether U2 is the biggest band in the world.

I mean, we all know U2 is the best band in the world right? :hyper:

200,863 127,982 178,539 163,641 183,975 approx. 35,000

first 3 weeks were #1

UK, NLOTH #20 (#19) :applaud: hopefully it can now stay around this position.

strange that now magnificent's airplay is surely all but over and the album has stayed at the same position. at least the outlook appears to be good for the coming weeks, fingers crossed.

Expect around 7000 sales again this week then

Maximo Park only made it to 6 in the chart despite being number 1 all week, then again the album is pretty bad...Green Day number 1 on two days sales, interesting to see what they sold

i dont think it would have taken much to reach #1. but doing it in 2days is still good. U2 had 70k first day and averaged about 20k for the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom