WE GOT OUR OWN FORUM! :-D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
NOT TOGETHER ALONE?! BUT THAT'S THE BEST. It's like the next step in pop-rock. It's like The Unforgettable Fire meets earlier Crowded House. It's so fucking incredible. The composition just blows my mind. Come on, Kare Kare, Nails In My Feet, Fingers Of Love, Private Universe, Distant Sun, how can you go wrong?

Also, I've only heard one Neil album, Try Whistling This, but the first eight tracks are serious, serious quality.
yeah i love together alone. second favourite ch album. sars time on earth, you suck and maybe once the four of them get together and record something together from start to finish and don't make another woodface (seriously neil why did you do that again!), it'll sound better.

that's all i have too. i haven't bothered buying one all/one nil. i've finally got around to buying all of tim's stuff, so i'm recuperating.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: yes! that song cracks me up! the first time my mom heard it she was like..."are they...?" and i'm like "yeah."

i guess, i don't know a lot about his personal life or any substance issues or what have you, just tim's. i guess cuz they've been more public (i guess?), with it seeming to coincide with him leaving crowded house and such.

The title intrigued me when I first saw it, so I played it and ... just absolutely cracked up. The Shah of Iran, he ran from Tehran ...

I just remember Timothius remarking that Neil would be, uh, enjoying himself in Byron Bay and he of course enjoys his drink like any good Kiwi does. Though I suppose he hasn't wasted himself Bono or Tim style.

Peterrrrr said:
Nice performence, Bono voice voice sounded good. But I think he smoke a bit before the show or he smoke more these days, specilally in the beginning of the song when he sings "son", yoy can realy hear the smoke sound. The same with the studio version on WOS. Hope he hasnt has start to smoke more again.

The smoke sound? THE FUCKING SMOKE SOUND?

KhanadaRhodes said:

this is definitely true. i think what helps is when 1. you have someone working on it who knows what they're doing (who doesn't have the louder = better mentality); 2. someone who gives a damn about the work, usually a band member or something. when it's some random tech guy working on it, who knows how it will turn out. but when you give it to a band member who knows how to work the producer's board, the love and care will show because they want it to sound right.

and i definitely agree with you about the joshua tree remaster!

1. Oh God yes. I wish we knew who was doing the U2 stuff. Maybe somebody does. But I'm so nervous that, although JT wasn't just ultra-cranked up, the next ones will be. At least with the Enz, we knew it was in good hands.
2. I love when it's a band member. Though I think you also need outside input. I think Dream Theater's gone downhill since they took over all duties, while with PT, Steven Wilson is a very capable producer but he doesn't go it alone. Another pair of ears can be important.

I was surprised how JT didn't really sound that better. Sure, I notice more in the mix, and it sounds better on headphones, but just for sitting back and listening, I don't notice a substantial difference. I think there is still more room for improvement. Bring on the 30th anniversary. :|

Axver said:
The title intrigued me when I first saw it, so I played it and ... just absolutely cracked up. The Shah of Iran, he ran from Tehran ...

I just remember Timothius remarking that Neil would be, uh, enjoying himself in Byron Bay and he of course enjoys his drink like any good Kiwi does. Though I suppose he hasn't wasted himself Bono or Tim style.
lol, i know!

ahh, i see. yeah it doesn't sound like he went as much to excess as tim or bono has, which probably explains a lot.

unfortunately though i've got to go to bed and try to make up for my lost sleep last night. :wave:

Alisaura said:
Ah, Split Enz... so that was who Ax and Khan have been talking about... :lol:

They're on my list of bands/artists to listen to... one day... :reject: Along with Bowie and twelve million others.

How can you be alive in Australia or New Zealand and not have listened to the glory that is the Enz? :tsk:

:wink:

Axver said:

:lmao: PWNED.

I'm sure they're so cheap, they've found a "hot chick" to PM on a free forum. This hot chick is really a 72 year old Ukrainian guy with no hair, a pot belly, and just two yellowed teeth left.

hmm i think ive been sprung ...

Axver said:
1. Oh God yes. I wish we knew who was doing the U2 stuff. Maybe somebody does. But I'm so nervous that, although JT wasn't just ultra-cranked up, the next ones will be. At least with the Enz, we knew it was in good hands.
2. I love when it's a band member. Though I think you also need outside input. I think Dream Theater's gone downhill since they took over all duties, while with PT, Steven Wilson is a very capable producer but he doesn't go it alone. Another pair of ears can be important.

I was surprised how JT didn't really sound that better. Sure, I notice more in the mix, and it sounds better on headphones, but just for sitting back and listening, I don't notice a substantial difference. I think there is still more room for improvement. Bring on the 30th anniversary. :|
oh yeah, i don't think self-producing is really a good idea. it usually turns out to be a wank-fest or something. but when it's just a remaster or something i think that's fine. but nothing more.

and yeah, the jt remaster was horrible in terms of difference of sound. i've only played it through speakers and didn't really notice a difference.

KhanadaRhodes said:
unfortunately though i've got to go to bed and try to make up for my lost sleep last night. :wave:

Aww, alright. Have a good night! :wave:

I wonder if Varitek will show up at all .. :hmm:

coolian2 said:

The smoke sound? THE FUCKING SMOKE SOUND?

... wow, I'm impressed, that's just the most insane analysis.

And let me just say this:

BRETT LEE = OWNED.

mysterious_jen said:
and you think plebans know too much about bono. peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr scares me

Especially as he has a habit of pulling stuff out of his arse and being wrong ...

coolian2 said:

Oh, absolutely. They won't even need to turn on the lights at the SCG

:lmao:

Would you really be shocked if Extras is the top scorer?

Alisaura said:

6 inches from floor to sock...

:lol:

I'm surprised he hasn't tried to grow a 'fro to make himself look taller. When mine was in full swing, it put at least two inches on my height!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom