Vertigo N. America week 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
Vertigo says put at 32 this week.
Nutz!! This concerns me a little...
But not a lot. The next two weeks
will tell us if it's got legs.

It doesn't concern me as the song still has the Gold Bar by it, indicating increased air time.

Also, it's still #1 on the Modern Rock charts, still #1 on the download charts (although it lost it's Gold Bar there), and while it dropped a notch on the Adult Top 40 Rock charts (#19 now), it has a Gold Bar there too. It also went up to #4 on the Mainstream Rock charts.

I'd love for the song to get into the Top 30, but it might take another week or two. Still, the song is doing what it needs to be doing. It's a hit and it's nicely advertising the upcoming album.

Honestly, it wouldn't matter if this song fell off the map from here on out, because the i-tunes ad has given it the exposure of a top 5 megahit. People will know the song well when the tour starts...

I think at this point the general public is very aware of Vertigo. I'm not sure they've yet adopted it as a song they are willing to brand as a "hit". I will hear the song from time to time on Top 40, Adult Contemporary, and Rock stations, but nothing like you would hear, say, the new Eminem song.

My point is that Vertigo is out there and exposed. Now it's up to listeners to decide whether or not they want to request it.

SO TAKE TWO MINUTES AND CALL/E-MAIL YOUR LOCAL STATIONS AND REQUEST VERTIGO!

Windmilllane said:
Vertigo is NEVER played where I live and I live in the New York City market.
I'm saddened to hear that. I'm from Ohio, we claim to the Rock Hall, and the rock 'n' roll city, when in reality, we've practically done nothing for rock ever, except name it rock 'n' roll. New York City is known as the real rock city, and they've had plenty to show for it. Except of course like you said, "Vertigo" hasn't gotten played in your area. That's bad news, NYC made us live and breathe for music.

Video charts

Vertigo goes from 12 to 7 on VH1 video countdown...it will be #1 the week of album release or the next...very convenient. I wouldn't be surprised if the remix of Vertigo reaches the top 10 on the dance/club music charts on Billboard, which may keep it in place on the hot 100 or take it higher if the other charts hold steady. It happened with BD...as it went up the dance charts just as it peaked or dropped on other charts.

We'll see how Billboard treats Vertigo tomorrow. If it's still on the rise or holding it's own, then I think they've gotten everything they could have asked for with the lead single. Plus, during Monday Night Football this week, the i-tunes add ran at least 3 times, which surprised me but keeps the song out there in it's own way.

Last edited:
Macfistowannabe said:
I'm saddened to hear that. I'm from Ohio, we claim to the Rock Hall, and the rock 'n' roll city, when in reality, we've practically done nothing for rock ever, except name it rock 'n' roll. New York City is known as the real rock city, and they've had plenty to show for it. Except of course like you said, "Vertigo" hasn't gotten played in your area. That's bad news, NYC made us live and breathe for music.

hi all,

here's from ten thousand miles away , right here in manila. i have been hearing the song a couple of days after i read here that it was launched on iPod. and have been hearing it since. it is even used by the top pop/rock station in a medley of new rock hits ad.
that situation in new york is quite strange.

Back
Top Bottom