U218 SINGLES - Hits, first Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will be intersting to see how it does.....would be nice if it made top 3...id be happy if it made top 5.

About 20 percent reporting with about 20 thousand copies sold...should be 100 thousand judging by that....1/10th times platnum lol

15 U2 INTERSCOPE 23,753
U218 SINGLES

at 23,78%

on tne hitsdaily news "U2’s U218, a collection of singles on Interscope plus two new tracks, including “The Saints Are Coming,” their collaboration with Green Day, looks to be in the 125-135k area..."

Last edited:
Not bad so far...I dont remember how the 90-2000 best of faired in sales maybe somebody can refresh my memory.

Yahweh said:
Not bad so far...I dont remember how the 90-2000 best of faired in sales maybe somebody can refresh my memory.

It sold 185k in it's first week, with the B-sides disc.
U218 has done better than this album in it's first week in the UK and Oz.
In America, the two different versions of 90-00 actually counted as two different releases on the charts and so the positions were not that high, however the first few weeks of combined sales for 90-00 went like this...

185k, 98k, 58k, 88k, 61k, 83k, 115k (xmas week)

U218 is looking to be around 125k first week, but as this stage its impossible to guess how well sales will hold up.

ChargedVT said:
U218 is looking to be around 125k first week, but as this stage its impossible to guess how well sales will hold up.

Here's hoping that at the end of the day it fails miserably.

*fingers crossed*

I look at the sales number rather than album position. 140k for is good for the fact it's the bands 2nd comp this decade. So is this a flop...no hardly. The new singles from the album are doing strong, and if they continue to take off, esp WITS, I'd say this will rack up some more sales. The exact numbers are 140,646.

Last edited:
It missed the top 10, the general public only remembers the peak position and not the sales.
Best Of 1980-90: #2
Best Of 1990-00: #3
U218 Singles: #12

Very impressive sales in the USA considering this is U2's third best of album in only 8 years. Readjust the track listing, add two songs, and boom, you sell nearly half a million copies in your first week of release worldwide. How many other artist can do that every four years with the same material essentially?

November 2010 will bring the Best of 2000-2010 with two new songs, and similar sales levels.

Soldatti (and others...), the question is:
do you think that this resoult (#12 in Us) will damage the first sells's week of the next u2's new album in Usa?

140,000 is a lot better than the 100,000 that was being estimated. It's not like a new album that fans will rush out for, should sell well over the coming weeks as a holiday present.

Tallarico said:
Soldatti (and others...), the question is:
do you think that this resoult (#12 in Us) will damage the first sells's week of the next u2's new album in Usa?

IMO not at all. If the next album has a good first single, and good promotion, it doesn't matter what place a GH cd debuted at.

BTW the numbers are slightly lower. From vh1.com

"U2's retrospective collection U218 Singles opens at #12 with 134,000-plus sales"

Jay-z did top the charts, but the whole 800k prediction was for the birds. He didnt even make 700k. Still not a weak debut by any means. One of the last *good* rappers to IMO

Back
Top Bottom