U2 will not break the 1 million mark....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shutdown

The Fly
...if every store's workers are like those at Best Buy in my town !

I went there at 10:45 to snag a few at $7.99 for gifts and there were none in the regular section, none in the Bestsellers section, and NONE on the endcap, right in front of you when you walk in, for the $7.99 specials !

Now, the fact that there were none hopefully means many were bought; that's good.

BUT, I was walking around Best Buy for nearly 40 minutes looking at other things and when I left there were still none in all of these places ! I even told a worker next to the $7.99 endcap that there weren't any there and he didn't care !

So.....I took the liberty of restocking some of the shelves with the boxes that sat underneath them in the regular section. So I worked at Best Buy today !

Am I crazy ? Or would some of you have done the same ?

formerly known as the_rehearsal, yet given the default name of shutdown...

Yeah, you did the right thing...but let U2 know...not us. :) They might return the favor with free concert tickets, ehh? Ehh...probably not.

I went to Best Buy this morning at around 9:30, and there were plenty of U2 availible, but the problem with that sale was that it only lasted until noon and the lines were too long. When I say 'long' I'm talking like an hour wait. That's right, one hour to get through the checkout lane! Screw that, I'll just wait and pay a few dollars more. That's ridiculous.

BTW, I heard it was likely to sell about 900,000 this week. That should put it in the Top 3, but not likely #1. :(

Danospano said:
Yeah, you did the right thing...but let U2 know...not us. :) They might return the favor with free concert tickets, ehh? Ehh...probably not.

I went to Best Buy this morning at around 9:30, and there were plenty of U2 availible, but the problem with that sale was that it only lasted until noon and the lines were too long. When I say 'long' I'm talking like an hour wait. That's right, one hour to get through the checkout lane! Screw that, I'll just wait and pay a few dollars more. That's ridiculous.

BTW, I heard it was likely to sell about 900,000 this week. That should put it in the Top 3, but not likely #1. :(

Whatcha talkin about Dano? 900k is a sure number 1 placing. The only, and I do mean ONLY contender would be Eminem and he's been out almost 3 weeks now. He sold 827k last week, and my guess is he will actually decrease slightly, around ten percent to 750k. Hits listed the other big releases and they were all estimated at 300k or less.

here's a peice of the latest article on sales forecasts:

>Also headed for next week’s chart are Gwen Stefani’s Love, Angel, Music, Baby  (Interscope), which early reports say has a shot at 300k; Fantasia Barrino’s Free Yourself (J Records), currently looking like it’ll do 250k or better; Creed’s Greatest Hits (Wind-up), which could hit the 150k mark; Jessica Simpson’s Re-Joyce: The Christmas Album (Columbia), looking just shy of 150k; the $59 list Nirvana box set With the Lights Out (Geffen), which should come in at around 100k; and Ruben Studdard’s I Need An Angel (J Records), for the moment looking like 80k.<

As for Best Buy, yes they SUCK!!!! I went there at 12:30 ready to buy a few copies at 7.99, and if i missed the sale, maybe 9.99. Well, after the sale expired at noon, the prices went up to 13.99, and also regular price for the other versions meaning $20 and $35! Thats crazy. Keeping them at 9.99 the whole day would have been better for sales.

Last edited:
you are not crazy. I sorted the u2 cds at best buy a couple days ago to make sure that all their albums could be seen and all empty racks could be filled. :ohmy:

kakvox said:
you are not crazy. I sorted the u2 cds at best buy a couple days ago to make sure that all their albums could be seen and all empty racks could be filled. :ohmy:

I do that all the time. :wave:

shutdown said:
So.....I took the liberty of restocking some of the shelves with the boxes that sat underneath them in the regular section. So I worked at Best Buy today !

He he he, that must be the funniest thing i've read all day. Maybe a borderline obsessive but i'm proud of ya. I wonder if the staff saw you doing it and said "let the person carry on, saves us a job". You truly are a legend.

Back
Top Bottom