U2 rise on Amazon.com any indicator of next week's chart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beLIEve

Refugee
I check Amazon.com occasionally, and HTDAAB dropped to as low as 39 last week...not sure how low it actually went. The back catalog had faded out of the Top 500 save for the Best Of '80's and maybe JT. However, just checked it, and there has been a nice bump for several albums:

HTDAAB up to 27
JT up to 127
B/O 80's up to 129
AB up to 201
ATYCLB up to 275

It's been a while since U2 had 5 albums in the top 300 on Amazon. Granted, HTDAAB is still at #25 on BB's Internet Sales chart while it's at 71 overall. However, I'm hoping that the tour hitting NY/NJ/PA and the GMA thing will finally reverse the trend for HTDAAB sales on next week's chart...then we have another week in Boston that might help, too. After that, COBL has to really take off or HTDAAB is going to drop fast here in the U.S.

At least OOTS is going to be released to radio per the Bono interview with the Chicago critic...but he also said they will have to remix it to make it more radio-friendly, which makes me nervous. After hearing it live last night at MSG, it's now one of those songs that's stuck in my head. They really played it well live, the best version by far that I've heard so far (out of 3 I think, but still great). The song isn't too long for radio...Bono implied that it was too complex with different choruses/versus. I disagree, and I think it's a Pop song already that is potentially the most radio friendly song on the album. Granted, I can't get it out of my head right now due to last night's performance, so my judgement is likely skewed. I do think OOTS has a much better chance at radio play than the COBL edit.

IF OOTS is released in August or September AND it becomes a hit, then I think HTDAAB has a chance to get a good bounce to coincide with the 3rd leg/Christmas selling season/Grammy nominations. Until then, it's up to the R.O.W. to maintain the global sales level, as I fear the album will fall off here in the U.S. in about 3-4 weeks (COBL prove me wrong!).

Back
Top Bottom