U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicago and Toronto are #1 and #3 on this week's list.

May 14-15, 2015 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
GROSS: $3,810,775
ATTENDANCE: 36,442
SHOWS: 2
SELLOUTS: 2
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $104.57

May 18-19, 2015 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center at San Jose
GROSS: $4,385,885
ATTENDANCE: 35,398
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $123.90

May 22-23, 2015 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
GROSS: $3,992,985
ATTENDANCE: 34,626
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $115.32

May 26-27, 30-31 & June 3, 2015 - Inglewood, CA - The Forum
GROSS: $9,886,540
ATTENDANCE: 83,505
SHOWS: 5
SELLOUTS: 5
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $118.39

June 6-7, 2015 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
GROSS: $3,114,935
ATTENDANCE: 28,141
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $110.69

June 12-13 & 16-17, 2015 - Montréal, QC - Bell Centre
GROSS: $7,236,524
ATTENDANCE: 80,911
SHOWS: 4
SELLOUTS: 4
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $89.44

June 24-25, 28-29 & July 2, 2015 - Chicago, IL - United Center
GROSS: $11,347,305
ATTENDANCE: 95,070
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $119.36

July 6-7, 2015 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
GROSS: $4,447,473
ATTENDANCE: 38,364
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $115.93

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE TOUR STATS: 1ST LEG - NORTH AMERICA

GROSS: $48,222,422
ATTENDANCE: 432,457
AVERAGE GROSS: $2,009,268
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 18,019
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $111.51
SHOWS: 24
SELLOUTS: 24

Last edited:
Interesting topic. Personally all the young people I know rarely seem to want to go to a concert, they much prefer big festivals with a variety of music. Although the IE concert in Vancouver had a wide variety of ages including a lot of teens and tweens.

I'm just wondering if things are changing just as the music industry is changing. I just recently rediscovered the joy of listening to a whole album in order. I've been listening to streaming services for years myself, so it seems like an easy link that festivals may be more popular. Or that may just be my own perception.

In any case, while I love U2 dearly and I do think most of their catalog has held up remarkably well, if nothing else the age of the band is going to play against them more and more. In my mind it doesn't have as much to do with the quality of their new music or whether or not they're played on the radio. I missed the 360 tour simply because life got in the way, school, family etc. It's only recently that I decided I don't have to be a responsible adult at all times and I can still fly to NY for some more concerts of the same tour. So to me it seems that the core group of fans from early on have simply grown up and the young people aren't into 50+y old guys for a two hour concert, but would rather go to a festival weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well, lets remember that the last tour, 360, was the highest attended and highest grossing tour of all time by any music artist, by a considerable margin. If the core U2 audience has an average age of 45 now, that average was 39 just 6 years ago as the 360 tour started.

Does anything really fundamentally change between age 39 and age 45 for most people? "Mature Adults" go to music concerts and are in fact the majority of the concert going public and purchase the most music as well. Obviously, some people circumstances change, but that can happen on any given tour.

I remember this idea being floated in 1997 to explain Popmarts struggle. That was 18 years ago. I think it comes down to demand and interest. Core fans can lose enthusiasm and interest. I've surprisingly seen it among my group of fans who were all hardcore U2 fans at one time. I suppose a band relies on younger fans to replace the core fans that leave. But U2's support among the 16-24 year old age group has dried up from where it was many years ago.

The Apple SOI giveaway was actually quite damaging to U2's public image. It seemed to be worse in the United States than anywhere else. The album never had a chance to perform at all, be it good or poorly, because the story and the SCANDAL overshadowed the music in the eyes of most people, reviewers and casual music listeners. While this has been discussed to death, it is the main reason behind the less than explosive ticket sales. Other factors are ticket prices, lack of current hits, age of the band/fans, the fact that many people probably saw enough of U2 between the 2001-2011 golden era of strong ticket demand. But none of those really matter compared to the Apple backlash.

In most cities on SOI, it took awhile for U2 to sell out the shows, but they did sell out. Compared to the Elevation/Vertigo tours, where most shows were sold out by lunchtime after a 10:00 onsale. I'm sure that Chicago 5 and LA 5 had some unsold seats sprinkled in there somewhere, but to stand in the arena and look around, the shows appeared to be sold out. The only city where that was not the case was Denver. I would've thought Denver to be a stronger market for U2 than Phoenix, yet Phoenix sold out both shows. If Elevation/Vertigo's figures are anything to go by, then both I&E Denver shows were 4,000 tickets short of a sellout. However, I thought the 1st show sold out the first day, and the 2nd shows was added to meet the "overwhelming demand". Demand was extremely overestimated in Los Angeles (only getting 5 out of 8 shows is a major disappointment), and they thought they could have done a 6th Chicago show. They probably could have added a 6th show on July 3rd and just dealt with a 3/4 full house, but the Grateful Dead concerts at Soldier Field probably put a stop to that anyway.

I really don't think the demand is there for a US stadium tour next year. However, I bet they can still pull out a 30-40 show arena tour for sure. Comparisons to Taylor Swift are not fair, as she is a current Pop sensation. Garth Brooks hasn't toured since 1998, and he went out on top, so obviously people (including myself) in the US have been waiting for this Comeback tour. The Rolling Stones are doing surprisingly well in their stadium tour of secondary US markets. Outside of the Stones, Taylor and Garth, I really can't think of many people who could draw more than 28,000 in Denver. I think the fact that these shows have been very good, and have been generating a lot of good news stories (Acrobat Tribute Band, for example), will help build demand for next year. Hopefully SOE is a good record that is released with little fanfare and NO backlash.

U2 are still a HUGE concert draw, but I believe we're in a LULL or RUT comparable to Popmart. And after Popmart came Elevation... it can happen again...

There is a group called One Direction that are booked in stadiums worldwide that you forgot to mention.
Taylor Swift and Garth Brooks are primarily North American stars, their appeal heavily fades outside of North America. U2 by contrast have a strong fan base all across the globe.

U2 had a strong resurgence in popularity and interest during the 00s which contributed to the massively high ticket demand on Vertigo and 360 especially in the United States. They were able to do this with new popular albums and songs. The band were in their 40s. If age is a factor in making another go of it again, It may be a lot harder this time to succeed.

I just looked at the top 50 most played songs on the radio last week in the United States. Of the 50 songs, only two were by artist that were above age 40, "Little Big Town" and Brad Paisly. Brad is 42 and Little Big Town average in at 45. The rest of the songs were by artist with an average age of around 27.

Another odd little fact, most of U2's core audience, those ages 38 to 52, are older than the artist getting played on the radio these days.

I'm sure the apple shitstorm didn't do them any favours, but it has been popular to hate U2 and especially Bono for years. If you google the most hated band U2 is right behind Nickelback. There are tons of people with very strong opinions and all the complaining hasn't hurt their ticket sales in the past. I'm not sure the lack of interest (relatively anyways) can be attributed to an image problem.

I'm sure there are plenty of places on the internet to spew hate at well recognized and popular artist, but that does not mean doing so is popular among the general population.

Chicago and Toronto are #1 and #3 on this week's list.

GROSS: $48,222,422
ATTENDANCE: 432,457
AVERAGE GROSS: $2,009,268
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 18,019
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $111.51
SHOWS: 24
SELLOUTS: 24

Great results for Chicago. Over 19,000 per show which means a full house, all physical capacity sold, unlike what happened in LA and Denver.

I don't know how they got Chicago 5 to sell out, but they sure did it! I was there, it was full. Nice numbers! Toronto probably could've handled 4 shows, but I suppose they'll be back there next year.

Was LA 5 not sold out? I guess I never really looked.

I don't know how they got Chicago 5 to sell out, but they sure did it! I was there, it was full. Nice numbers! Toronto probably could've handled 4 shows, but I suppose they'll be back there next year.

Was LA 5 not sold out? I guess I never really looked.

The average of 16,700 per night is below capacity for the forum. There were two or three shows that still had tickets left. These were the week night shows. Still for a U2 lull that's not bad. Coldplay could only fill three shows at that capacity.

I think the "unsold" tickets for every show are in GA. Seats have been filled.

I'm sure GA is soldout, but there may be different fire code restrictions for the floor on this tour. There were definitely seats unfilled at both Denver shows, several thousand in fact.

Does anybody know any other examples of U2 curtaining off sections of unsold seats on past tours?

The only examples I can think of were the Columbus and Indianapolis shows in 2001, because I was at both shows, and they had all the seats behind the stage curtained off. 270 degrees. I think there might have been a show on the Australian 360 tour? Brisbane maybe? I know it's not something that has happened very often, for U2 anyway.

In 2006 I saw Coldplay in Cleveland, and even though they didn't sell any seats behind the stage, there was still about 1/3 of the upper level curtained off. Recent shows I've seen by Kings of Leon and Muse have also had large sections of the upper bowl curtained off, or in Muse's case, the entire upper bowl curtained off! So what happened with U2 in Denver is clearly a common practice in the industry.

Does anybody know any other examples of U2 curtaining off sections of unsold seats on past tours?

The only examples I can think of were the Columbus and Indianapolis shows in 2001, because I was at both shows, and they had all the seats behind the stage curtained off. 270 degrees. I think there might have been a show on the Australian 360 tour? Brisbane maybe? I know it's not something that has happened very often, for U2 anyway.

In 2006 I saw Coldplay in Cleveland, and even though they didn't sell any seats behind the stage, there was still about 1/3 of the upper level curtained off. Recent shows I've seen by Kings of Leon and Muse have also had large sections of the upper bowl curtained off, or in Muse's case, the entire upper bowl curtained off! So what happened with U2 in Denver is clearly a common practice in the industry.

I was also at that Columbus show in 2001 and remember the rear stage area being curtained off. That show for me was the best U2 concert performance I had ever seen and I have been to over 20 shows.

I've been to 11 U2 shows, and this one always stands out as my favorite. It was my 2nd show (Columbus POPMART being the first) and to see them so up close and personal in such an intimate setting was amazing. I keep hoping they'll return to Columbus, but probably the lack of a sellout in 2001 scared them off.

I've been to 11 U2 shows, and this one always stands out as my favorite. It was my 2nd show (Columbus POPMART being the first) and to see them so up close and personal in such an intimate setting was amazing. I keep hoping they'll return to Columbus, but probably the lack of a sellout in 2001 scared them off.

Its hard to sell behind the stage seating when that is all that is left. There are many people who simply won't attend if the seats are behind the stage. In Pittsburgh the night before, they sold all the lower level seats behind the stage, but none of the upper level behind the stage seats. There was no blocking the empty seats. Bono claimed they did not sell them because you would not be able to see Larry's ass from up there.

In reality, they simply kept a smaller capacity in order to insure a sellout.

As for Ohio, that Columbus Popmart show was the first show of the tour where U2 played to an audience that was above 40,000. Columbus Ohio did 15,000 better in attendance than Pittsburgh did on Popmart. But I think Popmart may have been U2's first show in Columbus.

I speculate U2 will return to Ohio in 2016. By then it will be 11 years since their last Ohio performance.

PopMart 3rd show at Giants Stadium had the entire upper deck covered. I want to say there were only about 28-30k people there and the capacity would have been close to 50k for that show.

Its hard to sell behind the stage seating when that is all that is left. There are many people who simply won't attend if the seats are behind the stage. In Pittsburgh the night before, they sold all the lower level seats behind the stage, but none of the upper level behind the stage seats. There was no blocking the empty seats. Bono claimed they did not sell them because you would not be able to see Larry's ass from up there.

In reality, they simply kept a smaller capacity in order to insure a sellout.

As for Ohio, that Columbus Popmart show was the first show of the tour where U2 played to an audience that was above 40,000. Columbus Ohio did 15,000 better in attendance than Pittsburgh did on Popmart. But I think Popmart may have been U2's first show in Columbus.

I speculate U2 will return to Ohio in 2016. By then it will be 11 years since their last Ohio performance.

Was so mad that I missed the on sale of the Cleveland show in 2005. I got the on sale date completely wrong, and it sold out before I realized. I kept holding out hope for the rumored show in Indianapolis to be added (either on sept 26 or Dec 12), but it never was. I eventually got tickets to Detroit and Pittsburgh.

I attribute the high POPMART attendance in Columbus to the centralized location in the state of Ohio, the fact that there were no other shows nearby, and that it was on a Saturday night. It was kind of "the thing to do" for all the college students that night. 43,000 is pretty good.

I bet U2 could sell out a single night arena in Columbus, Indianapolis or wherever at this point. The question is will they do single night arena shows anymore? Go to all the effort and cost of transportation, assembly, perform the show, and then de-assemble, all for a single show? A sold out arena seems to average between 1.5m and 2m gross for this tour.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem at all with the ticket sales for this leg of the tour considering the utter lack of promotion that occurred here in the U.S. before the tour. The problem is NOT with the Apple iTunes launch - the sheer number of album downloads and listens tell me it was a massive success. Bono's accident and the subsequent media black hole it created, however, was a HUGE problem. To this day most folks I talk to about U2 have no idea they are even on tour, and that is a failure in promotion. Yet despite all of that they are still selling out shows and putting up top 5 boxscore numbers. The shows themselves are amazing and the crowd reactions to the new songs has been mostly positive. I expect this tour to do even better in Europe where there's a more rabid fanbase and lack of proper promotion won't be as big a hurdle to overcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using U2 Interference mobile app

I wonder how many shows the Innocence and Experience Tour will end up having? U2's longest tour in terms of number of shows is still ZOO TV at 157. If U2 are going to equal that figure on this tour then they have 87 more shows to go. I guess that could break down as roughly 30 more shows in North America, 30 more in Europe, and then 27 or more in Latin America and the Pacific. There might be riots in South America and Mexico if they only do a few indoor arena shows in each country.

What would 30 more shows in North America look like?

Philadelphia 2
Washington DC 2
Miami 2
Atlanta 2
Dallas 2
Las Vegas 2
San Diego 2
Seattle 2
Auburn Hills 2
Minneapolis 2
Columbus 2
Houston 2
Tampa 2
St. Louis 2
Pittsburgh 2

Based on ticket demand I think there are a few of these cities that might support more than two shows as several that will have to be reduced capacity shows like Denver. I don't think Canada will get any more shows if they are only returning for 30 shows. They have done in 8 in Canada already which is about the same as the Vertigo Tour which had 9 in Canada.

I think the only city in Canada that could be part of the second leg is Edmonton, maybe Winnipeg or Ottawa.

I wonder how many shows the Innocence and Experience Tour will end up having? U2's longest tour in terms of number of shows is still ZOO TV at 157. If U2 are going to equal that figure on this tour then they have 87 more shows to go. I guess that could break down as roughly 30 more shows in North America, 30 more in Europe, and then 27 or more in Latin America and the Pacific. There might be riots in South America and Mexico if they only do a few indoor arena shows in each country.

What would 30 more shows in North America look like?

Philadelphia 2
Washington DC 2
Miami 2
Atlanta 2
Dallas 2
Las Vegas 2
San Diego 2
Seattle 2
Auburn Hills 2
Minneapolis 2
Columbus 2
Houston 2
Tampa 2
St. Louis 2
Pittsburgh 2

Based on ticket demand I think there are a few of these cities that might support more than two shows as several that will have to be reduced capacity shows like Denver. I don't think Canada will get any more shows if they are only returning for 30 shows. They have done in 8 in Canada already which is about the same as the Vertigo Tour which had 9 in Canada.

If U2 did 2 shows in Columbus, I would be extremely happy! I also think U2 could do 2 more shows in nyc at least, 2 more in Toronto, and 2 in Edmonton or Calgary/

If U2 did 2 shows in Columbus, I would be extremely happy! I also think U2 could do 2 more shows in nyc at least, 2 more in Toronto, and 2 in Edmonton or Calgary/

Oh they could do lots of shows in many more cities. I was just thinking though if they limited themselves to no more than 30 shows in North America when they come back in 2016, what cities would be most likely to get shows. I think those 15 cities would be it.

But, if U2 went all out, I think they could stay on the road into 2017 and have the Innocence And Experience Tour finish with a total of 210 arena shows. They might have to play some cities where there was only demand for one show.

Also, for fun, it would be cool if they played some U.S. states they have never played before like Arkansas, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Delaware, and Alaska. Of course they might have to play some Arenas in these places that only have capacity for 7 or 8 thousand people.

No U2 on this week's Billboard Boxscore, but Billboard released an article revealing the final numbers for the MSG shows and the final numbers for the North American leg.

U2 Closes N. American Leg of Innocence + Experience With 150,000 New York Fans | Billboard

Marked by special guests on stage and VIP attendees in the audience, the critically acclaimed shows put up a final tally of 149,942 tickets sold, with a gross of $19,474,285, according to Billboard Boxscore. That takes the total of the tour's opening leg to 650,582 attendance and $76,166,563 gross from 36 shows, all sellouts. Innocence + Experience is produced by Live Nation Global Touring president Arthur Fogel and his Toronto-based team, promoter/producer of all of U2’s tours since PopMart in 1997-98.

Assuming the total of the North American leg is correct, the Boxscore listing of the Boston shows will display an attendance of 68,183 and a gross of $8,469,856.

July 10-11 & 14-15, 2015 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
GROSS: $8,469,856
ATTENDANCE: 68,183
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $124.22

July 18-19, 22-23, 26-27 & 30-31, 2015 - New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden
GROSS: $19,474,285
ATTENDANCE: 149,942
SHOWS: 8
SELLOUTS: 8
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $129.88

GROSS: $76,166,563
ATTENDANCE: 650,582
AVERAGE GROSS: $2,115,738
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 18,072
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $117.07
SHOWS: 36
SELLOUTS: 36

Boxscores aren't reported until Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't think they'll start reporting until the Berlin shows are done.

Last edited:
First European boxscores are in. Tour made it to the $100 million mark in ticket sales.

September 4-5, 2015 - Torino, Italy - Pala Alpitour
GROSS: $3,324,727
ATTENDANCE: 29,555
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $112.49

September 8-9 & 12-13, 2015 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Ziggo Dome
GROSS: $7,624,824
ATTENDANCE: 68,463
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $111.37

September 16-17 & 21-22, 2015 - Stockholm, Sweden - Ericsson Globe
GROSS: $6,850,151
ATTENDANCE: 62,716
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $109.22

September 24-25 & 28-29, 2015 - Berlin, Germany - Mercedes-Benz Arena
GROSS: $6,385,317
ATTENDANCE: 57,798
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $110.48

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE TOUR STATS: 2ND LEG - EUROPE (IN PROGRESS)

GROSS: $24,185,019
ATTENDANCE: 218,532
AVERAGE GROSS: $1,727,501
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 15,609
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $110.67
SHOWS: 14
SELLOUTS: 14

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE TOUR: TOTAL STATS (IN PROGRESS)

GROSS: $100,351,581
ATTENDANCE: 869,114
AVERAGE GROSS: $2,007,032
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 17,382
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $115.46
SHOWS: 50
SELLOUTS: 50

Last edited:
It's not the first time! :lol:

I think it's safe to say that U2 will be in the Top 5 on Billboard's Top Tours of 2015 list, most likely the #3 spot. It's going to be very, very difficult to beat One Direction (currently at $187.7 million) and Taylor Swift (currently at $152.6 million).

I thought that the Stockholm boxscores were gonna be bad due to the last minute rescheduling, good to know it wasn't so bad after all... Of course I'm no expert in boxscores :wink:

Yep, and I'm surprised the Berlin arena is smaller than the Stockholm one.

Apparently the Amsterdam gross is $50,000 more than what I posted. :doh: Fixed.

September 8-9 & 12-13, 2015 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Ziggo Dome
GROSS: $7,674,824
ATTENDANCE: 68,463
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $112.10

GROSS: $24,235,019
ATTENDANCE: 218,532
AVERAGE GROSS: $1,731,073
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 15,609
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $110.90
SHOWS: 14
SELLOUTS: 14

GROSS: $100,401,581
ATTENDANCE: 869,114
AVERAGE GROSS: $2,008,032
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 17,382
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $115.52
SHOWS: 50
SELLOUTS: 50

Wikipedia says the capacity of the Berlin venue is 17,000, but with U2 the nightly attendance averages out to less than 15,000. We're all 4 shows sold out?

Also, Turin should've been 4 nights. The demand was there, the equipment was going to be in the arena already, why not?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Wikipedia says the capacity of the Berlin venue is 17,000, but with U2 the nightly attendance averages out to less than 15,000. We're all 4 shows sold out?

Also, Turin should've been 4 nights. The demand was there, the equipment was going to be in the arena already, why not?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Yeah, real strange that, especially with Italy being traditionally a very strong market for them? And no Rome? Are there no suitable indoor arenas in Rome? Guess Italy will be due a fair few shows on any 2016 legs.

More boxscores...tour just passed the 1 million mark in attendance/tickets sold.

October 5-6 & 9-10, 2015 - Barcelona, Spain - Palau Sant Jordi
GROSS: $8,482,056
ATTENDANCE: 71,295
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $118.97

October 13-14, 2015 - Antwerp, Belgium - Sportpaleis
GROSS: $4,760,263
ATTENDANCE: 45,059
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $105.65

October 17-18, 2015 - Köln, Germany - LANXESS Arena
GROSS: $4,166,553
ATTENDANCE: 35,243
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $118.22

GROSS: $41,643,891
ATTENDANCE: 370,129
AVERAGE GROSS: $1,892,904
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 16,824
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $112.51
SHOWS: 22
SELLOUTS: 22

GROSS: $117,810,453
ATTENDANCE: 1,020,711
AVERAGE GROSS: $2,031,215
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 17,598
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $115.42
SHOWS: 58
SELLOUTS: 58

Last edited:
More boxscores...tour just passed the 1 million mark in attendance/tickets sold.

October 5-6 & 9-10, 2015 - Barcelona, Spain - Palau Sant Jordi
GROSS: $8,482,056
ATTENDANCE: 71,295
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $118.97

October 13-14, 2015 - Antwerp, Belgium - Sportpaleis
GROSS: $4,760,263
ATTENDANCE: 45,059
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $105.65

October 17-18, 2015 - Köln, Germany - LANXESS Arena
GROSS: $4,166,553
ATTENDANCE: 35,243
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $118.22

GROSS: $41,643,891
ATTENDANCE: 370,129
AVERAGE GROSS: $1,892,904
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 16,824
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $112.51
SHOWS: 22
SELLOUTS: 22

GROSS: $117,810,453
ATTENDANCE: 1,020,711
AVERAGE GROSS: $2,031,215
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 17,598
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $115.42
SHOWS: 58
SELLOUTS: 58

Once the remainder of the 2015 shows are added in, I estimate that this tours 2015 gross will be ~160million.

I would be curious what they will do in 2016 and probably into early 2017 for dates. I would figure they will come back to North America & Europe and also add in South America, possibly Australia (although they might skip Australia if demand isn't high enough) and Im thinking Japan.

Big questions are:

1-Will they tour at all (nothings official)
2-Will it be arenas or stadiums
3-Will they release a new album (SOE) prior to the tour starting up, during the tour or not at all

Assuming they do tour and play the regions I suspect that they will and they release the new album prior to the tour starting, I would think $400 million gross is likely and potentially $500 million is insight, which would be incredible.

Time will tell but it will be fun watching (in person hopefully).

Back
Top Bottom