U2 DVD sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
Are their any figures of u2's worldwide dvd sales?

Boston and Slane?

And do you think the vertigo dvd will sell more than Slane?

They've both sold a heck of a lot : i heard over 1 million each worldwide.

The Rattle & Hum DVD has also sold a heck of a lot & continues to...esp. in UK & Ireland where it's been in the top 10 / 5 for many weeks this year. In fact this week in UK it's the highest climber (up from # 7 to # 6).

I guess the new Chicago DVD is also gonna sell like hot cakes : it's currently already # 27 at Amazon UK...higher than any other music DVD (except Live8, which is just out).

edge3 said:

The Rattle & Hum DVD has also sold a heck of a lot & continues to...esp. in UK & Ireland where it's been in the top 10 / 5 for many weeks this year. In fact this week in UK it's the highest climber (up from # 7 to # 6).
I dont know Dutch numbers, but what i can say is that slane dvd is in the dvd music top30 for 83 weeks already! It did a lot better than the Boston DVD (because of the big difference in price I guess)
In the Netherlands rattle&hum sells alot too. In fact it always did and still does i think.
For example in 2004, R&H was number 29 in the list of best selling music dvds of the year! (slane DVD at number 11) And I remember it doing quiet good, the year before too. It has also alot to do with the price. You can buy it for under 10 euros here.

coming back on the prices of DVDs
In Netherlands the SLANE DVD costs 19,99 euros, the Boston DVD 24,99-26,99 (was even more expensive) and for the new Chicago DVD you will have to pay somesthing between 28,99 and 31,99. Thats way to much imo!!! (Rattle&Hum for 7,99-9,99)

just watched U2 Vertigo Chicago on UK channel 4, showed about 7 songs, awesome :up:

hopefully will give bomb a boost back up the charts too

ybird3k said:
just watched U2 Vertigo Chicago on UK channel 4, showed about 7 songs, awesome :up:

hopefully will give bomb a boost back up the charts too

Me too ! just got to get it now

Btw - here's how it's currently performing on the music DVD charts in the shops :

HMV : # 1 (Live8 # 5)
Virgin : # 2 (Live8 # 1)
WHSmith : # 3 (Live8 # 1)

So, looks like it's gonna be close between U2 & Live8 for the overall offical UK music DVD # 1 spot this Sunday...

what!!

UK music DVD

#1 Westlife - The Number Ones Tour
#2 U2 - Vertigo 2005 - Live From Chicago
#4 Live 8

what is going on?

Back
Top Bottom