U2 360 TOUR: Sellouts, Attendance, other statistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know but...
U2 Stade de France / attendance:
> 90 000 according to U2.com
94 000 according to M6 Info (TV)
91 000 according to Le Monde (newspaper)

when will they be available?

Probably any time over the next 8 weeks. They will probably release them in groups of 4 or 5 boxscores per week. New Boxscores by all artist become available on Billboard.com each week, either on Wendsday evening or Thursday evening.

I think the European Boxscores will probably be released at least before the start of the North American tour in September.

Boxscores for the first 6 shows just came in to Billboard Boxscore! Here they are:

U2 360 TOUR

1ST LEG EUROPE

June 30, July 2, 2009
Barcelona, Spain
Camp Nou
GROSS: $19,825,497 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 182,055 (RECORD)
SHOWS: 2
SELLOUTS: 2
Average Ticket Price: $108.90

July 7-8, 2009
Milan, Italy
Stadio San Siro
GROSS: $15,168,799 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 153,806 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $98.62

July 11-12, 2009
Paris, France
Stade De France
GROSS: $20,902,760 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 186,544 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $112.05

U2 360 TOUR: 1ST LEG EUROPE STATS

GROSS: $55,897,056
ATTENDANCE: 522,405
Average Gross: $9,316,176
Average Attendance: 87,068
Average Ticket Price: $107
Shows: 6
Sellouts: 6

Huge numbers for the first 6 shows of the tour!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/boxscore.jsp

Boxscores for the first 6 shows just came in to Billboard Boxscore! Here they are:

U2 360 TOUR

1ST LEG EUROPE

June 30, July 2, 2009
Barcelona, Spain
Camp Nou
GROSS: $19,825,497 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 182,055 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $108.90

July 7-8, 2009
Milan, Italy
Stadio San Siro
GROSS: $15,168,799 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 153,806 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $98.62

July 11-12, 2009
Paris, France
Stade De France
GROSS: $20,902,760 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 186,544 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $112.05

Huge numbers for the first 6 shows of the tour!

Music Business News- Billboard.com - Discover Top-Grossing Music Concerts

Now who cares about how much NLOTH sells when you see figures like this!

Over half a million on just 6 shows!

Proof that U2 are still the biggest act on plant earth!

The Gross figure for the two Barcelona shows is nearly double that for all 3 Vertigo Tour shows in Spain.
The Gross figure for the two Milan shows at San Siro Stadium are double the gross figure for the two Milan shows at San Siro Stadium on the Vertigo tour back in 2005.

The Gross figure for the two Paris shows is nearly double that of the two shows they played in Paris on the Vertigo Tour in 2005.

And to think they once played a gig sometime in 1977-78 where only 9 people showed up. Amazing numbers. Can't wait to show that to my neysayer friends!

You gotta wonder why some people join interference just to trash U2. If you don't like U2, why get on interference discussion boards?:hmm:

They never were and still aren't.

Proof that no matter how insane some of the boxscores we have just seen are and will be seeing, Moggio will find some negative of how U2 isnt a huge concert draw......

They never were and still aren't.

Moggio also claims there will only be 28,000 people at the U2 show in Dallas this October and is making the following predictions:

Moggio predictions for U2 360 in North America:

City/Venue/Capacity/Tickets Sold/Gross/Average Ticket Price

October

1 Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS: $2 million/$65)
3 Raleigh - Carter Finley Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS: $2 million/$65)
12 Dallas - Cowboys Stadium (attendance: 28,000/ GROSS: $1.8 million/$65)
14 Houston - Reliant Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS:$2 million/$65)
19 Norman, OK (Oklahoma City area) - University Memorial Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS: $2 million/$65)

markets in which u2's grosses have remained basically stagnant since the 90s:

~ dallas
~ houston (the 2005 show doesn't count because there was no austin/san antonio show)

what the hell are they going to do if they want to hit these above listed markets? Or are they going to skip them? Because at the prices they're charging nowadays, they won't even be able to sell out arena shows (or just barely in some cities) in these areas.

They'd still struggle to sell 25,000 tix in any of the midwestern and southern us markets i mentioned in my previous post.

Can you say popmart?

And to think they once played a gig sometime in 1977-78 where only 9 people showed up. Amazing numbers. Can't wait to show that to my neysayer friends!

To take it a step further..... They played to 180k in Spain, 150k in Italy & 185k in France (so far) all sell outs. Those are HUGE numbers in three different countries. Your not talking about AC/DC in Australia, The Boss in NY/NJ (Giants Stadium) or Robbie Williams in the UK. You would think U2 were from Spain, Italy or France with these numbers. Wait until they hit Ireland!!!

As for your friends, you should wait until the next set of Boxscores come out because those should be pretty huge as well.

So I think it's pretty safe to say they'll be topping A Bigger Bang Tour within the two first legs only. Amazing.
And about Moggio... I won't start a discussion, but why do you folks worry? He'll keep shut once no one is answering his trollish comments anymore.

What virtually all of you seemingly don't understand...is that the reason why U2's grosses are higher this year than they would be if they scheduled a full 35 date UK/European tour, is because they're only hitting a select amount of markets...which strategically increases their demand. There are NO shows in Switzerland or the rest of Italy...so that increases Milan's demand. There are NO shows in Portugal or the rest of Spain, so that increases Barcelona's demand. And there are NO shows in Belgium, so that increases Paris' demand. Yet, NO ONE here has mentioned that.

And yes, I know there's going to be additional dates next year, but the fact is, is that you can insert just about any market on the 360 tour into the above scenario because that's the way Live Nation has scheduled nearly the ENTIRE 360 tour.

And btw, if you look closely at the capacities of the stadiums that U2 just performed in in Paris, Barcelona & Milan...only the Paris shows were technically sold out.

I don´t know whether U2 were the biggest concert act in the past but they certainly are nowadays. I mean, there´s absolutely no way the Rolling Stones are able to top this.

Then you haven't studied the Stones' tour history...

Proof that no matter how insane some of the boxscores we have just seen are and will be seeing, Moggio will find some negative of how U2 isnt a huge concert draw......

I NEVER said U2 weren't a huge concert draw.

Please learn to read.

The tour sales are impressive but in reality they will need to sell out many dates just to break even based on the stage setup. They will probably have to play for 2-3 months on the tour and sell out every venue just to break even. U2 does a lot for their fans touring wise no question about that.

Still it doesnt seem to be helping Horizon sales on a global scale. It could certainly be argued that U2 is the largest touring band currently around no question. Biggest band right now probably, biggest band ever, certainly not. Theyde only just be breaking the top 10.

They are the biggest little cult band on earth just as Larry Mullen put it back in the Popmart days.

Then you haven't studied the Stones' tour history...

Yes I have. Vodoo Lounge is the highest attended tour of the Stones (6,4 million) and U2 is set to break that record if as planned they play 100 dates on this tour. And the Stones do not attract now as many people to their concerts as they used to do. Last time they were in Argentina, it took several more days for them to sell out the shows as compared U2. And ticket pricing was about the same for both bands.

So, with this tour, U2 will finally dethrone the RS as biggest live act in the world.

Swallow that troll.

The tour sales are impressive but in reality they will need to sell out many dates just to break even based on the stage setup. They will probably have to play for 2-3 months on the tour and sell out every venue just to break even. U2 does a lot for their fans touring wise no question about that.

Still it doesnt seem to be helping Horizon sales on a global scale. It could certainly be argued that U2 is the largest touring band currently around no question. Biggest band right now probably, biggest band ever, certainly not. Theyde only just be breaking the top 10.

They are the biggest little cult band on earth just as Larry Mullen put it back in the Popmart days.

So which are the other nine bands that you would consider when making the top 10? I can only think of four bands bigger than U2 right now:

-The Beatles
-Led Zeppelin
-Rolling Stones
-Pink Floyd

in that order.

When all is said and done maybe and just maybe U2 will be second. We all know The Beatles are unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom