U2 360 Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does everyone expect for German and Scandinavian shows in 2010?

I'm thinking at least one show in Germany, probably Munich and maybe even Frankfurt. For Scandinavia I'm thinking Oslo, Copenhagan, and Helsinki(yes I know Finland is not technically in Scandinavia) and maybe even Stockholm. The Swedish shows in Goteborg soldout very rapidly the first day.

Incorrect.

i know a boy who's like the gross
i watch him changing every day for that
oh yeah
oh gross oh oh oh oh

one day he's still the next he swells
you can here the stones in he sea shells
oh yeah
oh gross oh oh oh oh

no no moggio on the horizon
no no moggio

The Rolling Stones:

’89’-90 Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle Tour…$170 million

‘94-’95 Voodoo Lounge Tour…$319 million

‘97-’99 Bridges To Babylon / No Security Tour…$339 million

‘02-’03 Licks Tour…$300 million (grossed slightly less than their previous tour because less shows were played in comparison)

‘05-'07 A Bigger Bang Tour…$558 million

U2:

‘92-’93 ZOO TV Tour…$167 million

‘97-’98 PopMart Tour…$172 million

‘01 Elevation Tour…$143 million

‘05-’06 Vertigo Tour…$389 million

Couple of things to keep in mind:

1) The above post first mentioned U2 being ONE of the biggest draws in the world. This wasn't to say that it's U2 and only U2.

2) The above post then stated how RIGHT NOW, U2 is the biggest draw in the world. Nothing you wrote disputes that.

3) Stones have notoriously charged TONS more for their shows. Even now, U2 has tickets at low prices, while the Stones would charge double for those field tickets (if not more).

In other words, the Stones may have grossed more over the years, but they also charged more. And right now, the Stones aren't touring. They may return in a year or so, but by then the economy may have improved a lot. U2 is doing this now, with the current economy.

Couple of things to keep in mind:

1) The above post first mentioned U2 being ONE of the biggest draws in the world. This wasn't to say that it's U2 and only U2.

Uh, not the post I quoted.

2) The above post then stated how RIGHT NOW, U2 is the biggest draw in the world. Nothing you wrote disputes that.

Incorrect.

3) Stones have notoriously charged TONS more for their shows. Even now, U2 has tickets at low prices, while the Stones would charge double for those field tickets (if not more).

In other words, the Stones may have grossed more over the years, but they also charged more.

That's because, overall, THE STONES ARE STILL A LARGER DRAW THAN U2 ARE.

And right now, the Stones aren't touring. They may return in a year or so, but by then the economy may have improved a lot. U2 is doing this now, with the current economy.

If you've studied the concert business thoroughly (which I can see you obviously haven't), you'll know that for the vast majority of major touring acts, the current recession is having almost no impact whatsoever (there are a few exceptions). People love music and love to spend money on entertainment...

The Stones manage to sell more tickets than U2 even when they're not touring and U2 are? Holy shit, they're good!

moggio is completely annoying. the stones have been out at least 15 years longer than u2 has. in 15 years from now u2's touring record will crush the rolling stones and moggio has no clue what he is talking about.

p.s. oh i forgot to say something else...moggio you should take your sad little love affair for the stones and perhaps post on a stones forum site because really noboddy cares here that they are not as big a concert draw as u2 is..laters!

moggio is completely annoying.

I guess posting FACTS are annoying?

the stones have been out at least 15 years longer than u2 has.

No shit, sherlock.

in 15 years from now u2's touring record will crush the rolling stones...

Well, when you consider in 15 years that The Stones with have either retired and/or be DEAD, that does kind of make sense!:applaud:

and moggio has no clue what he is talking about.

:lol:

So what does everyone expect for German and Scandinavian shows in 2010?

Copenhaguen x2
Helsinki

---------------

Munich
Hannover

Just my imagination (today :D)

NYC x2 (new Giants')

Philadelphia x2

Hartford x2

Columbus

Indianapolis

Madison

Montreal

Edmonton x2

Eugene

Oakland x2

Denver

New Orleans

Memphis

Miami

Salt Lake City

Kansas City

----------------------

Copenhaguen x2

Helsinki

Moscow

Athens

Rome x2

Budapest

Hannover

Munich

Brussels x2

Zurich

Wien x2

Madrid x2

Seville

Lisbon

Marseille

Manchester x2

London x2

---------------------

Sydney x2

Melbourne x2

Perth

Adelaide

Brisbane

Auckland

Yokohama

Osaka

---------------------

Santiago

Buenos Aires x2

Rio

Sao Paulo x2

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Vox

i had to state the obvious because everyone has read the same boring facts posts from you over and over and over.....wow moggio you are a complete looser and need to get a life..:lol:

we all know here the facts and stats about u2's and the stone's past 5 tours and yes we know the stones "were" the biggest draw, but not anymore so therefore i had to state the obvious because obviously you dont understand what i was getting at. please stop being so annoying because i actually enjoy reading in this thread and learning about u2's current concert stats.

What about Cape Town/Johannesburg? They haven't been visited since PopMart... I wouldn't be surprised if the band decide to revisit them.

Also, in the same spirit, Sarajevo and Tel Aviv.

And regarding Moscow... could U2 perform there without risk of having Polonium-210 slipped into Bono's coffee? I'm not sure how the Russian powers that be would react to a U2 show there.

... and yes we know the stones "were" the biggest draw, but not anymore...

Again, that's incorrect. Considering The Stones' accumulative album sales and inflation since 2007, the next Stones tour, which is apparently slated for 2010-2011, will gross in the neighborhood of $700 million...if they basically hit the same markets and played basically the same amount of shows they did on their '05-'07 A Bigger Bang Tour (the highest grossing tour of all time, with a gross of $558 million+).

I'm saying u2 are currently the biggest draw in which the 360 tour is out doing a bigger bang tour so far, if the stones do tour when you say they might and gross more thats great for them i really dont care, i'm not a fan of the stones but i like some of their songs. all i'm saying is none of us truely knows what the future holds for either band, it doesnt matter. i respect both u2 and the stones as bands, but i love u2's music and i'm just glad to see that they are really doing well for themselves.

But they're not.

Then why make an issue out of it?

moggio why in the last 30 years you and the others fans not have buy a copies of stones albums?
you are frustated and so you came here to think to show us your FACTS? ridicoulos.

this will be my last post about your facts on inflation maggio. if you take a bigger bangs $558 million and inflate it currently it will be $610,310,000 not $700 million so please get your facts correct. at the pace the 360 tour is going and considering we are in a recession, and don't tell me it doesn't affect the tour because it does slightly, it will surpass a bigger bangs inflated gross, so there this is over.

this will be my last post about your facts on inflation maggio. if you take a bigger bangs $558 million and inflate it currently it will be $610,310,000 not $700 million so please get your facts correct. at the pace the 360 tour is going and considering we are in a recession, and don't tell me it doesn't affect the tour because it does slightly, it will surpass a bigger bangs inflated gross, so there this is over.

please stop to talk with that clown.:up:
leave him alone with his facts.

this will be my last post about your facts on inflation maggio. if you take a bigger bangs $558 million and inflate it currently it will be $610,310,000 not $700 million so please get your facts correct.

Inflation AND accumulative album sales. Which would put The Stones' next tour gross total in the neighborhood of $700 million, when they tour again in 2010-2011, if they basically hit the same markets and play the same amount of shows they did on their last tour...

at the pace the 360 tour is going and considering we are in a recession, and don't tell me it doesn't affect the tour because it does slightly, it will surpass a bigger bangs inflated gross, so there this is over.

No it won't, as I've already explicitly gone over a million times. Because we're dealing with inflation AND accumulative album sales...

moggio why in the last 30 years you and the others fans not have buy a copies of stones albums?
you are frustated and so you came here to think to show us your FACTS? ridicoulos.

Do you speak English?

:doh: I am comparing a bigger bang with the 360 tour and the FACT is when the 360 tour is over and u2 plays everywhere they plan on playing and you consider or factor in inflation the 360 tour will out do a bigger bang tour gross to gross and in attendance with less shows.

Didn't you know? The 360° facts don't count because of strategic schedueling. :D

I haven' read one single post of that guy (Interference and Ukmix), that is not related with "U2 not being a bigger draw than x and y". Moggio, why don't you just.... fuck off and try to get a life? Don't you realise how ridiculous this is?

And now it's your turn:

Since when is posting FACTS ridiculous? The Rolling Stones ARE THE BIGGER DRAW blablabliblubblblabla inflation blubblub strategic schedueling...blablabla

it's getting boring...

here is another FACT even the sticky and sweet tour is out doing a bigger bang tour if madonna played as many shows as the stones did....oh yeah i forgot ...with inflation of course..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom