U2 360 Boxscore Discussion - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Peeling off those Dollar Bills
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #91
The Fly

Local Time: 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyz View Post
Didn't you know? The 360° facts don't count because of strategic schedueling.

I haven' read one single post of that guy (Interference and Ukmix), that is not related with "U2 not being a bigger draw than x and y". Moggio, why don't you just.... fuck off and try to get a life? Don't you realise how ridiculous this is?

And now it's your turn:

Since when is posting FACTS ridiculous? The Rolling Stones ARE THE BIGGER DRAW blablabliblubblblabla inflation blubblub strategic schedueling...blablabla

it's getting boring...
god bless you.
i think that u2 at last date of this tour will play a cover of mariah carey"obsessed" in honour of moggio.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggio View Post
Uh, not the post I quoted.
It was implied.

Quote:
Incorrect.
The actual statement was that U2 are the biggest draw in the world - again, implied that U2 are the biggest draw right now, not of all time.

Quote:
That's because, overall, THE STONES ARE STILL A LARGER DRAW THAN U2 ARE.
They have also been around longer than U2 and are considered, like it or not, a nostalgia act. U2 are bordering on that, but still seem to have top selling albums and Top 100 hits around the globe. This alone prevents them from relying on past hits only to get people to see them.

Furthermore, if U2 were nostalgia act only, it begs the question why their current albums always zip up the charts whenever they tour in a given country. This was true for ATYCLB, HTDAAB and now for NLOTH. Clearly fans care about the current material as much as the older material. To have fans love a new song as much as a song released 20 years ago is outstanding. In contrast, most people who attend a Stones concert are looking at material from the 60's to about 1978. Even if the Stones are creating great music now, it's not being recognized. U2 may one day be in that category, but not yet.

Quote:
If you've studied the concert business thoroughly (which I can see you obviously haven't), you'll know that for the vast majority of major touring acts, the current recession is having almost no impact whatsoever (there are a few exceptions). People love music and love to spend money on entertainment...
If you've studied the economy at all, which I can see you obviously haven't, you would know this. People will spend money to be entertained, but it's a proven fact that everyone, from established adults to teens, are cutting back.

However, U2 still charges much lower prices than many acts - especially the Stones. For ZOO TV, people could still get a ticket for a scant $25. For PopMart, $37 was still possible (with the high of about $65, whereas the Stones were well over $100 by then). In the three tours this decade, fans were able to get some of the best spots at the concert for $45 or less. Contrast this to the Stones where prices are hundreds and hundreds. It's very easy to have monstrous grossing tours when ticket prices are also monstrous.

But again, what's with the competition? If you disagreed, why do so in a belligerent manner? Why not merely point out that U2 are big now, but that the Stones are probably still biggest ever. I doubt anyone would disagree.

In essence, the person wrote that 20 years after JT, U2 are still huge and that is outstanding. You seem to want to belittle and attack, resulting in closed threads. Never has a thread been closed in this forum until your arrival.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #93
Refugee

Local Time: 12:55 AM
Hi all. You know there's "ignore button" here, right?
Old 08-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #94
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Inflation AND accumulative album sales. Which would put The Stones' next tour gross total in the neighborhood of $700 million, when they tour again in 2010-2011, if they basically hit the same markets and play the same amount of shows they did on their last tour...
So their tour would gross 700 million when you add in cumulative album sales.... What about t-shirt sales and posters and calendars and tattoos of those big lips...lol

Moggio, you make yourself look foolish when you reach like this.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #95
New Yorker

Quote:
Yeah! Let's deny the FACTS! Who needs 'em...
Moggio, here is a fact:

$131,000,000

I will be sure to keep you updated as this number changes and reaches/passes 558,000,000.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathiu View Post
Hi all. You know there's "ignore button" here, right?
Yeah, but where's the fun in simply ignoring a troll?
Old 08-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #97
War Child

Local Time: 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwho View Post
It was implied.
Hardly.

Quote:
The actual statement was that U2 are the biggest draw in the world - again, implied that U2 are the biggest draw right now, not of all time.
Still incorrect.

Quote:
They have also been around longer than U2 and are considered, like it or not, a nostalgia act. U2 are bordering on that, but still seem to have top selling albums and Top 100 hits around the globe. This alone prevents them from relying on past hits only to get people to see them.

Furthermore, if U2 were nostalgia act only, it begs the question why their current albums always zip up the charts whenever they tour in a given country. This was true for ATYCLB, HTDAAB and now for NLOTH. Clearly fans care about the current material as much as the older material. To have fans love a new song as much as a song released 20 years ago is outstanding. In contrast, most people who attend a Stones concert are looking at material from the 60's to about 1978. Even if the Stones are creating great music now, it's not being recognized. U2 may one day be in that category, but not yet.
That may be true but does NOTHING to detract that FACT that The Stones are still are larger concert draw than U2 are worldwide.

Quote:
If you've studied the economy at all, which I can see you obviously haven't, you would know this. People will spend money to be entertained, but it's a proven fact that everyone, from established adults to teens, are cutting back.
Then why are virtually ALL of the major tours SELLING AS EXPECTED right now?

Quote:
However, U2 still charges much lower prices than many acts - especially the Stones. For ZOO TV, people could still get a ticket for a scant $25. For PopMart, $37 was still possible (with the high of about $65, whereas the Stones were well over $100 by then). In the three tours this decade, fans were able to get some of the best spots at the concert for $45 or less. Contrast this to the Stones where prices are hundreds and hundreds. It's very easy to have monstrous grossing tours when ticket prices are also monstrous.
That's because since THE STONES ARE A LARGER DRAW THAN U2 ARE, The Stones are able to charge more $$$. It's simple economics. If U2's prices were exactly in line with The Stones' and U2 did not strategically schedule their 360 tour, I can assure you that many of U2's shows would not be officially sold out (in fact MANY of 'em still haven't officially sold out with the prices they are charging).

Quote:
But again, what's with the competition? If you disagreed, why do so in a belligerent manner? Why not merely point out that U2 are big now, but that the Stones are probably still biggest ever. I doubt anyone would disagree.
I posted in a belligerent manner? Have you read all of the insults posters have thrown at me in this very thread? Whereas, ALL I've done is posted FACTS.

Quote:
In essence, the person wrote that 20 years after JT, U2 are still huge and that is outstanding. You seem to want to belittle and attack, resulting in closed threads. Never has a thread been closed in this forum until your arrival.
No belittling or attacks on my part. Again, ALL I'm doing is posting FACTS. And ALL the U2 fanboys on this forum are crying like a bunch of children because they know I'm right.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Old 08-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #99
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
So their tour would gross 700 million when you add in cumulative album sales.... What about t-shirt sales and posters and calendars and tattoos of those big lips...lol

Moggio, you make yourself look foolish when you reach like this.
No offense but your above comment is further proof of your ignorance regarding how the concert business works...
Old 08-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #100
War Child

Quote:
Moggio, here is a fact:

$131,000,000

I will be sure to keep you updated as this number changes and reaches/passes 558,000,000.
Alright...you go girl!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #101
The Fly

Quote:
Hardly.

Still incorrect.

That may be true but does NOTHING to detract that FACT that The Stones are still are larger concert draw than U2 are worldwide.

Then why are virtually ALL of the major tours SELLING AS EXPECTED right now?

That's because since THE STONES ARE A LARGER DRAW THAN U2 ARE, The Stones are able to charge more $$$. It's simple economics. If U2's prices were exactly in line with The Stones' and U2 did not strategically schedule their 360 tour, I can assure you that many of U2's shows would not be officially sold out (in fact MANY of 'em still haven't officially sold out with the prices they are charging).

I posted in a belligerent manner? Have you read all of the insults posters have thrown at me in this very thread? Whereas, ALL I've done is posted FACTS.

No belittling or attacks on my part. Again, ALL I'm doing is posting FACTS. And ALL the U2 fanboys on this forum are crying like a bunch of children because they know I'm right.
yeah the stones are able the charge more $$$ but not to selling albums in the last 30 years . is a FACT AND you A FUCK FACT . clown go to your place.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #102
New Yorker

Quote:
No offense but your above comment is further proof of your ignorance regarding how the concert business works...
What is ironic about your comment is that not only the people in this forum think you're a fool but the people in the UKMIX forum think you're a fool. I guess everyone else is ignorant of how the concert business works but you. You make excuses for all of U2's success that it just becomes sad. The bottom line is that U2360 will out gross the stones, end of story. You are the ONLY person who doesn't understand this......I feel sorry for you.

Before you realized how well 360 was selling you NEVER mentioned "strategic touring" but now thats all you talk about as if it is even relevant

It doesnt matter how a tour grosses 700 million, it just matters that it did.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #103
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey you View Post
yeah the stones are able the charge more $$$ but not to selling albums in the last 30 years . is a FACT AND you A FUCK FACT . clown go to your place.
Hey you- Dont forget that the Stones charge more money but DONT sell out most of their stadium dates. As many people have stated prior, the Stones sold out only a fraction of their dates but because they charge so much (i.e. screw their fans over) they gross a lot of money.

It doesn't matter anyway, because u2360 will gross more than any tour in history when all is said and done.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #104
War Child

Quote:
What is ironic about your comment is that not only the people in this forum think you're a fool but the people in the UKMIX forum think you're a fool.
Do you think I care? Most people on that forum don't know how the concert business works either.

Quote:
I guess everyone else is ignorant of how the concert business works but you.
Apart from Maloil, yes. But I don't respond to his posts anymore because he consistently lies about and manipulates just about everything he posts to make U2 look more popular than they are.

Quote:
You make excuses for all of U2's success that it just becomes sad.
That's what you would like to believe.

Quote:
The bottom line is that U2360 will out gross the stones, end of story.
I've already gone over explicitly and have proven why you're completely wrong. So I don't know why you keep saying that?

Quote:
You are the ONLY person who doesn't understand this......I feel sorry for you.
Again, virtually everyone I've talked to doesn't understand how concert demand works.

Quote:
Before you realized how well 360 was selling you NEVER mentioned "strategic touring" but now thats all you talk about as if it is even relevant
Wtf? ANYONE viewing U2's 360 tour schedule can figure out why their grosses have been enhanced in just about every single market they're playing in so far. I knew that as soon as their 360 tour schedule was released a few months ago. And the fact that you seem to think "strategic scheduling" isn't relevant, doesn't exist or isn't being utilized by U2 on this tour, is further proof that you're extremely ignorant regarding how concert demand works.

Quote:
It doesnt matter how a tour grosses 700 million, it just matters that it did.
You still don't get it. And the 360 tour won't gross $700 million, unless there are more than 100 shows played...
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #105
Refugee

Moggio,

My post had nothing to say about the Rolling Stones. I don't care about the Rollings Stones. You obviously do care about the Rolling Stones, at least their touring numbers. You've shown that the Rolling Stones have grossed more money in their tours, throughout their career, than U2 has grossed. Agreed. But again, why do you insist on "showing up" U2's success with Rolling Stone statistics every time someone posts about U2's current touring success?

Yeah, yeah, you'll pick apart multiple partial statements and list some big gross figure from a Rolling Stones Tour. Again, on a U2 forum, nobody, besides you, cares! As I've said before, IMHO, U2 are the biggest, the best, the most commercially successful band in the world, period. I'm sure there are others who feel the same about the Beatles, the Stones, Pink Floyd, and even newer bands like Coldplay and Green Day. Fact is, all of these bands have had great successes on many levels, and there are websites set up for their followers to discuss why "their" band is the best, biggest, most successful, etc.

You seem determined to ruin what has always been a civil forum for a select group of fans who follow the chart/touring success of U2. You can post all the Rolling Stone stats you want to prove the Rolling Stones have grossed more money with their tours...but it's the way you do it, and where you do it, that ruins this fan community forum. Please take your information to a site that cares about it.

Mods...I believe I've explained this in a reasonable and rational manner. I never even mentioned Moggio or the Stones in my post...just my amazement as to U2's longevity with respect to good music and successful tours. I'm sorry that my post that was entirely about U2 - the business side of U2 which is the stated topic of this forum - brought in someone bent on being argumentative and obsessed with a band other than U2. Please don't lock threads or let one troll dictate what most forum members write about in normally respectful, thoughtful posts. If action must be taken, please send the troll packing. Thanks for listening.