u2 360 Boxscore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been any 50% or less than 50% full stadiums on this tour? NO

Moscow, Istanbul, Australia???

August 25, 2010
Moscow Russia
Luzhniki Grand Sports Arena
GROSS: $7,986,534
ATTENDANCE: 60,496
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 1
Average Ticket Price: $132.02

Nope, definitely not a 50% or less concert in Moscow.

September 6, 2010
Istanbul Turkey
Atatürk Olympic Stadium
GROSS: $3,775,662
ATTENDANCE: 54,278
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 1
Average Ticket Price: $69.56

Nope, definitely not a 50% or less concert in Istanbul.

December 1, 3, 2010
Melbourne Australia
Etihad Stadium
GROSS: $13,460,407
ATTENDANCE: 105,312
SHOWS: 2
SELLOUTS: 2
Average Ticket Price: $127.82

December 8-9, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Suncorp Stadium
GROSS: $11,031,839
ATTENDANCE: 85,745
Average Ticket Price: $128.66

December 13-14, 2010
Sydney Australia
ANZ Stadium
GROSS: $13,695,929
ATTENDANCE: 107,155
Average Ticket Price: $127.81

December 18-19, 2010
Perth Australia
Subiaco Oval
GROSS: $13,910,989
ATTENDANCE: 108,706
Average Ticket Price: $127.97

Nope, definitely not a 50% or less concert in Australia.

Not sure how exact dates/venue info could found without library/newspaper reserch done in Mexico itself.

YouTube - ‪The Jacksons in Mexico City 1975 - Never Can Say Goodbye‬‏

Carefully listen to the first 5 seconds that include somewhay faint 1975 audio/video of MJ saying"nice to be here in Mexico".

Ok, but is this a concert at a standard venue, or an appearance on a TV show for media promotion?

MJ only announced them as his final solo appearance in London which gave him lots of future wiggle room. negotiations were happening for other continents. BTW, it was 12 years since HIStory tour and O2.

The name of the tour: THIS IS IT! That says it all.

Why would Live Nation have higher standards for booking an extra stadium than some of the Aussie shows that had balcony sections that were curtained off?

U2 sales in Australia were below expectations. Also, these shows were not shows where there was 50% or less in attendance like you suggested U2 would be willing to do for a fourth Sao Paolo show.

My point is that I've never seen U2 brag about a venue or all time attendance record if they weren't quite certain of it, billboard or semi-reliable figures. Just because the numbers were submitted to Billboard doesn't mean they don't exist.

Did Oasis or Robbie submit boxscores for their Knebworth appearances with multiple nights of 125k?

Any submitted numbers for these Prague shows with possible attendances over 100k or was BB not covering Europe in the early 90's?
The Rolling Stones - Aug 18, 1990
Guns N' Roses - May 20, 1992
Pink Floyd - Sept 7, 1994

Again, Billboard is a consistent accurate source for attendance and gross information for concerts, while newspapers, magazines, fan websites are inconsistent and filled with inaccurate reports.

You can't be adjusting records because some journalist pulled a number out of his ass for their article.

Did Oasis and Robbie really play to 125,000 people at Knebworth? How do we know? What is the source?

There is probably no numbers submitted for those Prague shows so why would you just assume that there was 100,000+ people at each show?

Live Nation recently brought in a policy where you can return a ticket within 3 days of buying it online, as long as it's 1 week before the event This was done to combat complaints of LN not selling tickets in order of best to worst.
Live Nation | Purchase Policy

I trust the fugures printed by BB, but I take the "sell out" part at arms length. BB is a magazine that its funded by promoters/managers/labels via advertising.

Well, the same system would apply. A ticket returned does not impact whether the show is soldout or not unless it gets released again.

What constitutes a sellout in billboard is very simple and has not changed at all since Boxscore was introduced in 1976. If all tickets released for an event are sold, then the concert is a sellout.

If the artist could just state that a show was soldout, then all of the shows on POPMART would have been listed as soldout, which was FAR from what happened. The Police had multiple shows that were not soldout either on their Re-union tour. Essentially what happens in these cases is the promoter over estimated what initial sales for the show would be. When a promoter correctly estimates initial sales, any further sales of newly released tickets can be carefully measured based on daily sales data. This makes it much more likely that the show will be soldout.

Well, the same system would apply. A ticket returned does not impact whether the show is soldout or not unless it gets released again.

What constitutes a sellout in billboard is very simple and has not changed at all since Boxscore was introduced in 1976. If all tickets released for an event are sold, then the concert is a sellout.

If the artist could just state that a show was soldout, then all of the shows on POPMART would have been listed as soldout, which was FAR from what happened. The Police had multiple shows that were not soldout either on their Re-union tour. Essentially what happens in these cases is the promoter over estimated what initial sales for the show would be. When a promoter correctly estimates initial sales, any further sales of newly released tickets can be carefully measured based on daily sales data. This makes it much more likely that the show will be soldout.

In other words, LN can buy and return it's own tickets as long as it happens 1 week before the concert. Has Billboard ever actually "audited" or have any motivation to check of the "sell out" accreditation?

Popmart had onsales occur over the period of 3-4 weeks for US/Euro shows. Those promoters knew after the first round of onsales to change their expectations.

Ok, but is this a concert at a standard venue, or an appearance on a TV show for media promotion?

The name of the tour: THIS IS IT! That says it all.

You can't be adjusting records because some journalist pulled a number out of his ass for their article.

Did Oasis and Robbie really play to 125,000 people at Knebworth? How do we know? What is the source?

There is probably no numbers submitted for those Prague shows so why would you just assume that there was 100,000+ people at each show?

You said 1993 was MJ's only "appearance" in the country. I provided audio of MJ himself saying otherwise but it's never good enough for you.

You accuse me of blindly taking info from online sources, while at the same time taking info about MJs appearance in Mexico being a 1st or his run or O2 shows supposedly being the last ever shows he would have ever done.

Oasis did 2 nights and Robbie did 3 nights in an outdoor venue that holds 125,000. Pretty sure at least one of those 5 shows did over 100,000.
Intro - Robbie Williams Live at Knebworth!
Here's a couple aerial photos if you care curious.

Bringing this back to U2, they have to be careful when printing any "all time records". The gross records have been fine, but U2 or Billboard have never printed an all time list including other acts. If I were to do it I'd have a list of all the confirmed records then have below a list of semi-verified records from various corners fo the globe.

Just curious, if Robbie's claim of 375,000 over 3 nights at Knebworth 2003 at 40 pounds a head is true, what would the gross in USD boxscore?

IMO, these 4 shows had attendance in the 55-65% of potential capacity range:

Moscow
Istanbul
Brisbane 2
Norman

Some of this depends if we can agree on the capacity of the GA since some places have a running track.

Phoenix is around 70% when compared to WWF doing 72,219.

Sydney 1&2 is the figure that I have trouble with since photos show it looking full, but the boxscore has at 15,000+ fewer people that vertigo or ACDC did in the same venue with 25% less available seating. I heard nothing of them papering the house.

In other words, LN can buy and return it's own tickets as long as it happens 1 week before the concert. Has Billboard ever actually "audited" or have any motivation to check of the "sell out" accreditation?

Only if the concert is re-scheduled or cancelled. You can be assured that Billboard boxscore is just as accurate and researched as any of their other charts. That is why everyone in the industry turns to it to know how the concert business is doing. Billboard Boxscore is one of Billboards longest running charts.

U2 could have labled many POPMART shows as sellouts if this was not the case.

Popmart had onsales occur over the period of 3-4 weeks for US/Euro shows. Those promoters knew after the first round of onsales to change their expectations

The onsales took place before POP was released and Michael Cohl thought tickets sales would pick with the album release especially if the album was as hot as Achtung Baby. Plus several of the big cities had relatively strong sales even though the album had not been released yet. Many of the smaller cities like Jacksonville Florida went on sale last and predicted sales based on the more successful larger markets.

Take Denver POPMART. Only 28,000 tickets ended up being sold, but 45,000 tickets had been put on sale because that is what Michael Cohl was confident that U2 could do there. The full capacity of the stadium in a 270 configeration is closer to 60,000, but 45,000 is listed as the capacity because that is what was released.

You said 1993 was MJ's only "appearance" in the country. I provided audio of MJ himself saying otherwise but it's never good enough for you.

The reason I pointed out MJ's only concerts in Mexico as being in 1993 is because the LACK of playing REAL shows to thousands of people before that time massively contributed to Michael Jacksons's ability to play 5 nights at the stadium.

U2 went to Brazil on the Elevation tour, but all they did was appear on TV shows. Does that count as a tour performance that could impact a later performance in the country? Of course not.

You accuse me of blindly taking info from online sources, while at the same time taking info about MJs appearance in Mexico being a 1st or his run or O2 shows supposedly being the last ever shows he would have ever done.

All I asked was for evidence of REAL shows in Mexico in a normal venue. Playing a TV show in 1975 in Mexico, is not going to impact demand in 1993. A large string of arena show though would have some impact, although given the difference in time, it would probably be small.

Michael Jackson has a press conference where he stated this was his last tour which is where the name of the tour comes from.

Oasis did 2 nights and Robbie did 3 nights in an outdoor venue that holds 125,000. Pretty sure at least one of those 5 shows did over 100,000.
Intro - Robbie Williams Live at Knebworth!
Here's a couple aerial photos if you care curious.

Great, there were a lot of people there. But we need boxscores to confirm the numbers.

Bringing this back to U2, they have to be careful when printing any "all time records". The gross records have been fine, but U2 or Billboard have never printed an all time list including other acts. If I were to do it I'd have a list of all the confirmed records then have below a list of semi-verified records from various corners fo the globe.

Just curious, if Robbie's claim of 375,000 over 3 nights at Knebworth 2003 at 40 pounds a head is true, what would the gross in USD boxscore

"Semi-verified"? Billboard and U2 stick to what is accurately known. You seem to spend time searching for ANYTHING that would alledgely downplay or call into question what U2 has done on tour.

As for the 2003 show, I would have to find out the exchange rate at the time. Billboard may in fact have the actual boxscore.

IMO, these 4 shows had attendance in the 55-65% of potential capacity range:

Moscow
Istanbul
Brisbane 2
Norman

Some of this depends if we can agree on the capacity of the GA since some places have a running track.

Phoenix is around 70% when compared to WWF doing 72,219.

Sydney 1&2 is the figure that I have trouble with since photos show it looking full, but the boxscore has at 15,000+ fewer people that vertigo or ACDC did in the same venue with 25% less available seating. I heard nothing of them papering the house.

You can't be comparing WWF to a U2 concert. U2 has a massive stage that takes up much of the field, while the WWF stage is tiny relatively and allows for more seating.

The reason I pointed out MJ's only concerts in Mexico as being in 1993 is because the LACK of playing REAL shows to thousands of people before that time massively contributed to Michael Jacksons's ability to play 5 nights at the stadium.

U2 went to Brazil on the Elevation tour, but all they did was appear on TV shows. Does that count as a tour performance that could impact a later performance in the country? Of course not.

All I asked was for evidence of REAL shows in Mexico in a normal venue. Playing a TV show in 1975 in Mexico, is not going to impact demand in 1993. A large string of arena show though would have some impact, although given the difference in time, it would probably be small.

Michael Jackson has a press conference where he stated this was his last tour which is where the name of the tour comes from.

Great, there were a lot of people there. But we need boxscores to confirm the numbers.

"Semi-verified"? Billboard and U2 stick to what is accurately known. You seem to spend time searching for ANYTHING that would alledgely downplay or call into question what U2 has done on tour.

As for the 2003 show, I would have to find out the exchange rate at the time. Billboard may in fact have the actual boxscore.

The 1975 mexico performance appears to be the same length as other Jackson 5 shows from that time period. Crowd looks to be a couple thousand in some shots. The video is the only info on the show I can find but audience behaviour leads me to believe they paid to attend.

This isn't even related to the thread, I just took issue with you saying his 1993 Mexico shows were his only ever "appearances"(your word) in the country.

Go to youtube and watch MJ's O2 press conference, it's only about 2 minutes long. He only says it's his final appearance in LONDON.

As for Robbie in knebworth, I found no boxscores 2 months after the show for any huge show outside US/CAN in the magazine. BBC has reports confirming complete sellouts of 1 or 2 of the nights. There are thorough site regarding US/UK exchange rates which was 1.59 that month. If 375,000 at 40 pounds each is to be believed it's a bit less than USD$24mil.

The more I think about this thread the more I realized Billboard or U2 won't ever even try to brag about individual attendance records in certain places outside US/Can/parts of Europe. US attendance, gross records and overall tour records are all inarguable.

The 1975 mexico performance appears to be the same length as other Jackson 5 shows from that time period. Crowd looks to be a couple thousand in some shots. The video is the only info on the show I can find but audience behaviour leads me to believe they paid to attend.

This isn't even related to the thread, I just took issue with you saying his 1993 Mexico shows were his only ever "appearances"(your word) in the country.

Thats great, but I would like to know the number of shows, and the venues played along with the dates before I agree that this was indeed an MJ tour "appearance" in this sense of playing shows as opposed to radio and TV promotion.

Were talking about concerts so appearance would be refering to that. I never meant it was the first time that Michael Jackson had physically entered the country which is what you continue to hang on to for some strange reason.

Go to youtube and watch MJ's O2 press conference, it's only about 2 minutes long. He only says it's his final appearance in LONDON.

Well, no other cities were announced for the tour, and he lined up 50 shows in one city and months in that same city. The name of the tour is "This Is It", NOT "This Is It In London".

The more I think about this thread the more I realized Billboard or U2 won't ever even try to brag about individual attendance records in certain places outside US/Can/parts of Europe. US attendance, gross records and overall tour records are all inarguable

Well, it was announced by both that U2's Reggio Emilia was the global record for a non-festival single artist ticketed concert with 150,000 in attendance.

Now I know videos and pictures are not official indicators of attendance or gross but take a look at the 8 second mark of this video...looks like Denver was packed all the way to the top. Now we can't see the back of the stadium where the person was filming but they themselves seem to be at the very top. I guess this was NOT a repeat of POPMART Denver ;)

YouTube - ‪U2 360 Tour 5/21/11 Denver,CO Mile High at Invesco‬‏

Also, while this clip is only 14 seconds long, its probably the best 14 seconds of any U2 show you will see.

I was at the Denver concert last night and yes the back of the stadium was completely packed as it was all the way around. atmosphere was amazing last night. Bono's voice was in top form and there was great new visuals and songs I did not hear or see when I was at the dallas show. there had to be 70-80 thousand in attendance. I took some video of some great panaromic views of the crowd going nuts during streets. i'll post them on here later:)

this one says 70,000 plus

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_18114909?source=commented-

this one says over 80,000

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-denve...u2-concert-20110522,0,1206030.story?track=rss

245816160-22074736.jpg

robbrecon72 said:
I was at the Denver concert last night and yes the back of the stadium was completely packed as it was all the way around. atmosphere was amazing last night. Bono's voice was in top form and there was great new visuals and songs I did not hear or see when I was at the dallas show. there had to be 70-80 thousand in attendance. I took some video of some great panaromic views of the crowd going nuts during streets. i'll post them on here later:)

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_18114909?source=commented-

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-denver-police-officer-injured-at-u2-concert-20110522,0,1206030.story?track=rss

Looking forward to your vid and pics! Thanks for the links to the reviews, I always like to read the user comments to read what the people who went to the concert thought (I don't care to read people's thoughts about U2 and Bono and how much they hate them even though they haven't head one of their albums since JT or even seen them live EVER but I always come across those too)

Would you happen to know the current sales info for the remaining shows? If it's too much to pull, no worries, I'm just curious how sales look with the leg now begun.

Looking forward to your vid and pics! Thanks for the links to the reviews, I always like to read the user comments to read what the people who went to the concert thought (I don't care to read people's thoughts about U2 and Bono and how much they hate them even though they haven't head one of their albums since JT or even seen them live EVER but I always come across those too)

Would you happen to know the current sales info for the remaining shows? If it's too much to pull, no worries, I'm just curious how sales look with the leg now begun.

I'd ignore the stupid blogs, usually haters are the ones the bother posting anything on them.

Sure I'll post the results for the current sales tonight. I'm about to leave denver and head to salt lake to hook up with some friends and go the show on tuesday :)

U2 lives up to image, hype at Invesco Field in Denver - The Denver Post-

Denver police officer injured at U2 concert - KDVR

245816160-22074736.jpg
YouTube - ‪U2-360.3gp‬‏

The above clip has a panoramic of the whole stadium PRIOR to U2 taking the stage. Almost every U2 show I have been to doesn't really fill up until they are actually walking out onto the stage.

Billboard published this when Rosebowl did 97k.

U2's Rose Bowl Show Breaks Attendance Record | Billboard.biz

For me, a list of largest attended international show would look something close to this:

UKMIX - Forums - Chart Analysis - The Highest Attended Concerts Worldwide (page 3)

IMO, there's a couple missing:
-360 shows from South Africa to Moncton
-U2 Giants 2009 single night crowd quote
-Beatles Philipines 1966
-Sinatra Maracana 1980
-McCartney Maracana 1990
-Jaguares at Azteca 2001
-Fleetwood Mac Australia on Rumours tour
-Some of the Prague shows from the past 25 years could be listen, even if only asterisked at the bottom

Interesting! Do you have a list of highest attended concerts?
Curious to see that

The ranked list below includes the highest attended, non-festival, ticketed, concerts in United States History!

01. Grateful Dead - Raceway Park; English Town New Jersey (September 3, 1977)
Attendance: 107,019
Gross: $1,091,790

02. U2 - Rose Bowl; Pasadena, Calif. (Oct. 25, 2009)
Attendance: 97,014
Gross: $9,960,036

03. The Who - JFK Stadium; Philadelphia, PA. (September 25, 1982)
Attendance: 91,451
Gross: $1,440,353

04., 05. Rolling Stones - JFK Stadium; Philadelphia, PA. (September 25-26, 1981)
Attendance: 181,564 (average 90,782 per show)
Gross: $2,859,633

06. , 07. , 08. , 09. Rolling Stones - LA Memorial Coliseum; Los Angeles, CA. (October 18-19; 21-22, 1989)
Attendance: - 360,068 (average 90,017 per show)

10. Rolling Stones - Superdome; New Orleans, LA. (December 5, 1981)
Attendance: 87,500
Gross: $1,531,250

11. U2 - John F. Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia (Sept. 25, 1987)
Attendance: 86,145
Gross: $1,593,683

12. U2 - FedExField; Landover, Md. (Sept. 29, 2009)
Attendance: 84,754
Gross: $6,718,315

13. Journey - Rose Bowl; Pasadena, Calif. (July 2, 1982)
Attendance: 83,214
Gross: $1,373,031

14. The Who - LA Memorial Coliseum; Los Angeles, CA. (October 29, 1982)
Attendance: 83,000
Gross: $1,365,415

15., 16., 17., 18. Bruce Springsteen - LA Memorial Coliseum; Los Angeles, Calif. (Sept 27-30 & Oct 2, 1985)
Attendance: 331,892 (average 82,973 per show)
Gross: $5,688,445

19., 20. U2 - Giants Stadium; East Rutherford, NJ. (September 23-24, 2009)
Attendance: 161,810 (average 80,905 per show)
Gross: $16,128,950

21. Pink Floyd - JFK Stadium; Philadelphia, PA (September 19, 1987)
Attendance: 80,754

22. Rolling Stones - Superdome; New Orleans, La. (July 13, 1978)
Attendance: 80,173
Gross: $1,060,000

23. The Who - Rich Stadium; Buffalo, N.Y. (September 26, 1982)
Attendance: 80,000
Gross: $1,200,000

24., 25. Rolling Stones - Cotton Bowl; Dallas, Texas (November 1, 3, 1981)
Attendance: 156,000 (average 78,000 per show)
Gross: $2,695,332

26. Aerosmith - Silverdome; Pontiac, Michigan (May 8, 1976)
Attendance: 76,900
Gross: $645,824

27., 28. Rolling Stones - Silverdome; Pontiac, Michigan (November 30, December 1, 1981)
Attendance: 152,696 (average 76,348 per show)
Gross: $2,290,490

29. Led Zeppelin - Silverdome; Pontiac, Michigan (April 30, 1977)
Attendance: 76,229

30. Pink Floyd - Ohio State University Stadium; Columbus, Ohio (May 29, 1994)
Attendance: 75,250
Gross: $2,406,920

31. The Who - Silverdome; Pontiac, Mich. (September 30, 1982)
Attendance: 75,000
Gross: $1,119,000

32. Rolling Stones - Rich Stadium; Buffalo, N.Y. (September 27, 1981)
Attendance: 75,000
Gross: $1,125,000

33. Rolling Stones - Sun Devil Stadium: Tempe, Arizona (December 13, 1981)
Attendance: 74,637
Gross: $1,287,488

34. Backstreet Boys - Georgia Dome, Atlanta (Feb. 19, 2000)
Attendance: 73,337
Gross: $2,787,098

35., 36. Bruce Springsteen - Orange Bowl; Miami, Florida (September 9-10, 1985)
Attendance: 146,458 (average 73,229 per show)
Gross: $2,563,015

Here is the global list (75,000+ instead of 73,000+) showing only the confirmed results from Billboard Boxscore:
01. Luciano Ligabue - 2005 - Reggio Emilia, IT - Festival Grounds - 165,264
02. U2 - 1997 - Reggio Emilia, IT - Festival Grounds - 150,000
03. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Prague, CZ - Strahov Stadium - 126,742
04. Grateful Dead - 1977 - English Town, NJ - Race Way Park - 107,019
05. U2 - 2009 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl - 97,014
06. U2 - 2010 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 96,540
07. AC/DC - 2010 - Wels, AT - Flughafen - 94,838
08. U2 - 2011 - Johannesburg, RSA - Soccer City Stadium - 94,232
09. U2 - 2009 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 93,272 (average of 2 shows)
10. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Nürnberg, DE - Zeppelinfeld - 91,590
11. The Who - 1982 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 91,451
12. AC/DC - 2009 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 91,312
13. U2 - 2009 - Barcelona, ES - Camp Nou - 91,028 (average of 2 shows)
14. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 90,871
15. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 90,782 (average of 2 shows)
16. Rolling Stones - 1989 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 90,017 (average of 2 shows)
17. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Hamburg, DE - Trabrennbahn - 90,000
18. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Wolfsburg, DE - VW Festival Site - 90,000
19. Elton John - 1992 - Mexico-City, MX - Azteca Stadium - 90,000 (average of 2 shows)
20. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Hanover, DE - Expogelände - 89,963
21. U2 - 2011 - Sao Paulo, BR - Morumbi - 89,831 (average of 3 shows)
22. Rolling Stones - 2005 - Moncton, CAN - Magnetic Hill Concert Side - 89,260
23. U2 - 2009 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 88,265
24. Rolling Stones - 1981 - New Orleans, LA - Superdome - 87,500
25. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Zeltweg, AT - Österreichring - 86,470
26. U2 - 1987 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 86,145
27. Red Hot Chili Peppers - 2004 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 86,000 (average of 3 shows)
28. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Den Haag NL - Malieveld - 86,000
29. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Mannheim, DE - Maimarkt - 85,613
30. Madonna - 2009 - Helsinki, FI - West Harbour - 85,354
31. Madonna - 2006 - Horsens, DK - Forum Horsens - 85,232
32. Michael Jackson - 1997 - Hockenheim, DE - Hockenheimring - 85,000
33. Bon Jovi - 2003 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 85,000
34. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Schuttdorf, DE - Festival Grounds - 84,896
35. U2 - 2009 - Washington, DC - Fedex Field - 84,754
36. U2 - 2009 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium - 84,472
37. Rolling Stones - 2006 - Horsens, DK - Forum Horsens - 84,088
38. Journey - 1982 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl - 83,214
39. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Leipzig, DE - Festwiese - 83,105
40. Bruce Springsteen - 1985 - Los Angeles, CA - LA Memorial Coliseum - 82,973 (average of 4 shows)
41. U2 - 2010 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 82,662
42. U2 - 2005 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 82,248 (average of 3 shows)
43. U2 - 2009 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium - 82,122 (average of 3 shows)
44. The Police - 2007 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,640
45. Bon Jovi - 2006 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,327
46. U2 - 2005 - Barcelona, ES - Camp Nou - 81,269
47. U2 - 2009 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 81,066 (average of 3 shows)
48. R.E.M. - 2005 - London, UK - Hyde Park - 80,852
49. Pink Floyd - 1987 - Philadelphia, PA - JFK Stadium - 80,754
50. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Paris, FR - Longchamps - 80,303 (average of 2 shows)
51. U2 - 2005 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 80,175 (average of 2 shows)
52. The Who - 1982 - Buffalo, NY - Rich Stadium - 80,000
53. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 79,446
54. Madonna - 2008 - Warsaw, PL - Bremowo Airport - 79,343
55. AC/DC - 2010 - Hanover, DE - Expogelände - 79,273
56. The Police - 2007 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 78,953 (average of 2 shows)
57. U2 - 2001 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 78,709 (average of 2 shows)
58. Michael Jackson - 1997 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 78,187
59. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Mannheim, DE - Maimarkt - 78,034
60. R.E.M. - 1995 - Dublin, IR - Slane Castle - 78,000
61. Rolling Stones - 1981 - Dallas, TX - Cotton Bowl - 78,000 (average of 2 shows)
62. Take That - 2009 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 77,988
63. U2 - 2011 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 77,765
64. U2 - 2005 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 77,435
65. U2 - 2006 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional - 77,345
66. U2 - 2009 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium - 77,338
67. Westlife - 2008 - Dublin, IR - Croke Park - 77,099
68. U2 - 1998 - Sao Paulo, BR - Morumbi - 77,028 (average of 2 shows)
69. U2 - 2009 - Milan, IT - San Siro - 76,902 (average of 2 shows)
70. Aerosmith - 1976 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 76,900
71. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Zagreb, HR - Zagreb Hyppodrome - 76,755
72. Rolling Stones - 1998 - Paris, DE - Stade de France - 76,716
73. Rolling Stones - 1995 - Berlin, DE - Olympiastadion - 76,689
74. Black Eyed Peas - 2010 - Mexico-City, MX - Azteca Stadium - 76,458
75. AC/DC - 2010 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 76,375
76. Led Zeppelin - 1977 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 76,229
77. U2 - 2010 - Sevilla, ES - Estadio Olimpico - 76,159
78. U2 - 2010 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion - 76,150
79. The Who - 1975 - Detroit, MI - Pontiac Silverdome - 75,962
80. U2 - 2010 - Rome, IT - Stadio Olimpico - 75,847
81. Madonna - 2009 - Athens, GR - OAKA Stadium - 75,637
82. Rolling Stones - 2003 - Paris, FR - Stade de France - 75,517
83. Pink Floyd - 1994 - Columbus, OH - State University Stadium - 75,250
84. U2 - 2006 - Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate Stadium - 75,212 (average of 2 shows)
85. U2 - 2009 - Chorzow, PL - Stadion Slaski - 75,180
86. Madonna - 2008 - Lisbon, POR - Parque de Bela Vista - 75,000
87. Michael Jackson - 1996 - Talinn, EST - Festival Grounds - 75,000

so how come U2 are still credited with the record of highest attended paid non-festival show?

so how come U2 are still credited with the record of highest attended paid non-festival show?

U2's Rose Bowl Show Breaks Attendance Record | Billboard.com

Billboard apparently published both the 1977 Dead boxscore and gave U2 the US attendance title in 2009.

Maoil, do you have a link to Billboard saying Popmart Reggio was an international attendance(gross?) in 1997. I scanned through 3 months of issues and didn't see it.

The ranked list below includes the highest attended, non-festival, ticketed, concerts in United States History!

The Phish festivals are an anomoly. The Dec 30/31 1999 Big Cypress in Florida sold 75,000 passes(which BB has confirmed, both boxscore and in article form) Phish the only band playing 5 sets totalling 16 hours of music over a period of 42 hours. Not a single or double night stand, not a multi-artist bill and passes could only be bought for both days.

Well, from at least 1997 to 2005, they did have the highest attended non-festival show. I have not actually checked the stats for the record breaker at the same place in 2005, but assume that it was posted in Billboard Boxscore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom