u2 360 Boxscore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? All these boxscores prove how irrelevant The Fray are for U2's figures.

Here's another one from Edmonton:

The Fray
Francis Winspear Centre
Edmonton, Alberta
Feb. 21, 2010
$71,164
1,550 / 1,550
1 / 1
$47.61, $36.07
Live Nation

Are you? Because you conveniently forgot this one:

The Fray
EPCOR Centre for the Performing Arts, Jack Singer Theatre
Calgary, Alberta
Feb. 20, 2010
$70,996
1,573 /
1 /
$47.27, $35.81
Live Nation

Not only that but The Fray are playing the same venue this week in Calgary and are charging HIGHER prices. Then there's Saskatchewan...

Here's what Interpol achieved on their own in the markets they will open for U2:

Interpol, Twin Tigers, The Postelles House of Blues
Atlantic City, N.J.
July 31, 2010
$28,741
841 /
1 /
$37.50, $32.50
House of Blues/C3 Presents/Harrah’s

Interpol, School of Seven Bells Riviera Theatre
Chicago, Ill.
Feb. 12, 2011
$72,500
2,500 /
1 /
$29
Jam Productions

Interpol, School of Seven Bells
Metropolis
Montreal, Quebec
Feb. 16, 2011
$72,222
2,186 / 2,250
1 / 0
$35.43, $32.90
evenko/Greenland Productions

Interpol
Lotto Arena
Antwerp, Belgium
March 16, 2011
$164,940
5,197 /
1 /
$41.84, $34.87

U2 are not playing Atlantic City. As for the rest of the markets, we've already been over this. Especially the Amsterdam stat and the fact that Interpol played markets nearby the very same week...

Tour schedules clearly show this? Here's Interpol's European tour.
They haven't played a single arena sized venue (10,000+).

11.12.2010Lisbon Campo Pequeno•Lisbon
Tickets11.13.2010Palacio Vistalegre•Madrid
Tickets11.14.2010San Jordi Club•Barcelona
Tickets11.16.2010Dock Du Sud•Marseille
Tickets11.17.2010Palasharp•Milan
Tickets11.18.2010Gasometer•Vienna
Tickets11.20.2010Tempodrom•Berlin
Tickets11.21.2010Heineken Music Hall•Amsterdam
Tickets11.22.2010Westfalenhalle 2•Dortmund
Tickets11.24.2010Rock City•Nottingham
Tickets11.25.2010Academy•Newcastle
Tickets11.26.2010Academy•Birmingham
Tickets11.27.2010Corn Exchange•Edinburgh
Tickets11.29.2010Olympia•Dublin
Tickets11.30.2010Olympia•Dublin
Tickets12.01.2010Olympia•Dublin
Tickets12.03.2010Apollo•Manchester
Tickets12.04.2010Uni•Liverpool
Tickets12.06.2010Brixton•London
Tickets12.07.2010Brixton•London
Tickets03.03.2011Docks•Hamburg
Tickets03.06.2011Sentrum Scene•Oslo
Tickets03.07.2011Cirkus•Stockholm
Tickets03.08.2011KB Hall•Copenhagen
Tickets03.10.2011Aueensee•Leipzig
Tickets03.11.2011Rokhall•Luxembourg
Tickets03.12.2011Kesselhaus•Munich
Tickets03.14.2011Komplex•Zurich
Tickets03.15.2011Zenith•Paris
Tickets03.16.2011Lotto Arena•Antwerp

And here's one boxscore from Belgium:

Interpol
Lotto Arena
Antwerp, Belgium
March 16, 2011
$164,940
5,197 /
1 /
$41.84, $34.87

Arenas in the UK/Europe are smaller than in North America. Regardless, many of those are considered arena sized venues. And the multiple nights in Dublin and London count towards that too.

moggio, this is beyond ridiculous. i had said drama from the closed thread could not carry into other threads, yet now you're in here discussing things completely irrelevant to this topic. the thread is about u2's box scores for 360, nothing else.

But it's not completely irrelevant to the topic.

also, altering quotes is completely against the rules. changing maoilbheannacht's name to "the compulsive liar" is totally unacceptable.

Why is that unacceptable? Maoil IS a compulsive liar. And I can prove it.

if you wish to continue posting here, i suggest you familiarise yourself with our rules: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=rules

Translation: Moggio brings factual information to interference that bias U2 fanboys cannot handle, so we're giving you a warning.

I find it inconceivable that you are stating that if the avg price in SLC is $100 that 2,000 people will be there for the Fray. That would mean that 17% of the Frays audience from there Utah show would be willing to pay 6 1/2 times the price of a Fray ticket to hear 1/3 of the songs. Not to mention, they grossed $192,000 at THEIR OWN SHOW but according to you, 2000 people would have paid $100 a ticket, which is $200,000..... $8,000 MORE then what they brought in. Also, if the average ticket price is $80, then according to you 3,000 people would show up just for them and they would contribute $240,000, which would be 22% MORE then they brought in at THEIR OWN SHOW.

Someone should tell Live Nation/The Fray that they are much bigger then they think they are. In fact, they will make more money if the tour with other bands!

As for their draw in Denver, how can you possibly determine their real drawing power when they were 2nd on a bill of 23 acts for a FESTIVAL!

Wow! Yet another misquote. I NEVER said 2,000 or 3,000 fans would pay $100 or $80. I said NEARLY 2,000 or 3,000 fans would pay $100 or $80 to see them. And they would. But then again, you know NOTHING about how the concert industry works, yet you STILL think you can accurately criticize me about it. :lol:

Great point! Moggio needs to be more careful in his assessments and what he decides to defend. This is grossly indefensible and its funny as hell to watch Moggio try and defend it. :wink: :lmao:

No, it's not a great point. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT'S HOW IT WORKS WHEN COMPARING GROSS IN RELATION TO ATTENDANCE. You know what's REALLY funny as hell? How you used to think that only 1,000 fans tops would travel to a nearby market, if there market wasn't hit. Or how you think Pink Floyd isn't a larger draw than U2. And plenty of other things that would take too long to go over YET AGAIN... :lol::lol::lol:

How do you explain this one MOGGIO? If U2 gross $6 million from their Edmonton show, The Fray's $71,164 would be a 1.2% contribution. That of course assumes that all 1,550 fans would be willing to play DOUBLE the ticket price to see The Fray open for U2.

:wink: :lmao:

The Fray
Francis Winspear Centre
Edmonton, Alberta
Feb. 21, 2010
$71,164
1,550 / 1,550
1 / 1
$47.61, $36.07
Live Nation

The Fray
Calgary, Alberta
Feb. 20, 2010
$70,996
1,573 /
1 /
$47.27, $35.81
Live Nation

Not only that but The Fray are playing the same venue this week in Calgary and are charging HIGHER prices. Then there's Saskatchewan...

If Muse could play more shows, they would have.

And you would know this because? :lol:

They didn't.

That's obviously because they're concentrating on their LARGER markets that are outside of North America, genius. :applaud:

The more popular artist are able to play more shows because the DEMAND is there for more shows.

Not necessarily.

Also, you claimed that MUSE was more popular than Nickleback was in 2006. There is nothing that would indicate that at all form the figures.

Where did I claim that?

To be considered an arena draw, you need to be averaging over 10,000 in attendance and $500,000 in gross per show. The Fray failed to do that.

According to YOU. But in reality, it's a different story. :lol:

You play festivals when you can't draw the fans on your own. :sexywink:

So I guess U2 can't draw fans on their own? :applaud:

There are few people out there that would be willing to pay $100 dollars to see a band that they had just recently paid to see for only $15 dollars.

Roughly $200,000 of the overall 360 SLC show gross will be from The Fray's draw. Which means an attendance of nearly 2,000 fans at an average price of $100. Or nearly 3,000 fans at an average price of $80, etc.

1. Its not a secret of what the major North American Cities are and where a stadium tour in 360 would play. We knew the 1st leg, and based on that the 2nd leg was obvious. Yes, there may have been a few dates that would be different, but overall, you could make an estimate of the gross and you estimated $90 million which is going to be WAY OFF!

Much of how the second leg was scheduled was not obvious at all. And you didn't make a prediction for the second leg, so you have NO place in saying that. And my second leg prediction is $95 million since it's one year later in 2011 and based on 22 shows, excluding Mexico...FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME. So, since the second North American leg will gross about $130 million from 22 shows, once you subtract the opener's draw...I'll have been about $25 million off, mainly thanks to the way they've scheduled Winnipeg, Minneapolis, SLC and Denver. U2 really care about their fans, don't they?!

2. Yes, I know, your prediction was wrong in believing there be no return dates.

Then why did you bring it up?

3. You already knew how the tour was being scheduled based on the released first leg tour dates. No, you wouldn't know the exact schedule, but you don't have to know the exact schedule to make an estimate. Your estimate was $90 million and it is WAY OFF of what the actual results are going to be!

ONCE AGAIN...

Much of how the second leg was scheduled was not obvious at all. And you didn't make a prediction for the second leg, so you have NO place in saying that. And my second leg prediction is $95 million since it's one year later in 2011 and based on 22 shows, excluding Mexico...FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME. So, since the second North American leg will gross about $130 million from 22 shows, once you subtract the opener's draw...I'll have been about $25 million off, mainly thanks to the way they've scheduled Winnipeg, Minneapolis, SLC and Denver. U2 really care about their fans, don't they?!

Billboard has the following Boxscore for that Rolling Stones show:

August 23, 1994
Winnipeg, Canada
Winnipeg Stadium
GROSS: $1,720,849
ATTENDANCE: 50,397
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 1
Average Ticket Price: $34.15

I don't know where they are getting 50,815 from.

The Rolling Stones have only played Winnipeg, or in fact anywhere in Manitoba, one other time in their 50 year career! Here are the results of the 2nd show they played there:

September 30, 1997
Winnipeg Canada
Winnipeg Stadium
GROSS: $1,575,160
ATTENDANCE: 34,685
SELLOUTS: 0
Average Ticket Price: $45.41

U2's GROSS tonight will be more than both Rolling Stones shows combined EVEN when adjusting for inflation!

You CONVENIENTLY forgot to include this pertinent boxscore in the comparison...

The Rolling Stones
October 6 & 8, 2006
Regina, SK
Taylor Field
Gross: $10,545,286 USD
Capacity: 80,583
Attendance: Sold Out
Average Ticket Price: $130.86 USD

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Moggio said:
Wow! Yet another misquote. I NEVER said 2,000 or 3,000 fans would pay $100 or $80. I said NEARLY 2,000 or 3,000 fans would pay $100 or $80 to see them. And they would. But then again, you know NOTHING about how the concert industry works, yet you STILL think you can accurately criticize me about it. :lol:

LOL! So then what, 1,900 fans, that's still 190,000k which is the same that they grossed at THEIR OWN SHOW! Your formulas are a joke and I, along with almost everyone else here and in other forums are fully aware that you know nothing about the concert business. Your lack of knowledge is glaring:

$400 million prediction for a 100 date tour! ....... after 100 dates U2 360 will have grossed close to $680, wow that was really close
$90 million prediction for the second NA leg!.......the second NA leg will gross close to $170 million, wow almost 100% off, nice!
26k will attend SLC!......the official number will be much closer to 50k, well at least you are consistent in how wrong you are

Openers account for 10% of the U2 360 gross!.....can't provide official published information to back this embarrassing claim up but instead you use your broken formulas.

Album sales play an important role in your " concert demand" formula yet you claim that Muse have increased their demand in South America even though they haven't sold many albums???? So which is it, album sales matter or your formula is garbage LOL

All you ever bring to the conversation are "but" and "if" because all you ever have are unfounded theories and never facts ( let me remind everyone that he felt that an attendance number for the UYI tour from a fan BLOG was an official source)

And to top it all off, you have pissed off the panda and he will no doubt close this thread.

But it's not completely irrelevant to the topic.
it isn't up to you decide what is and isn't relevant.

Why is that unacceptable? Maoil IS a compulsive liar. And I can prove it.
it's name calling, plain and simple. i don't care if you can prove it or not, this isn't the issue.

Translation: Moggio brings factual information to interference that bias U2 fanboys cannot handle, so we're giving you a warning.
:lol: i'm far from a "bias" fanboy. i personally couldn't care less if the 360 tour sells out every seat for every show or they don't. it's that in most of your posts you're quick to resort to name calling and trolling, both of which aren't allowed here. but hey, if you want to continue doing it, be my guest.

No, it's not a great point. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT'S HOW IT WORKS WHEN COMPARING GROSS IN RELATION TO ATTENDANCE. You know what's REALLY funny as hell? How you used to think that only 1,000 fans tops would travel to a nearby market, if there market wasn't hit. Or how you think Pink Floyd isn't a larger draw than U2. And plenty of other things that would take too long to go over YET AGAIN... :lol::lol::lol:

1. At an average ticket price of $15 dollars, few if anyone is going to pay $100 dollars to see the same act play as an opener.

2. Your suggesting that The Fray drawing strength increases when they open for U2 which is absurd. Most Fray fans will be more interested in the Fray doing their own show for $15 dollars than playing as an opening act for $100 dollars.

3. Oh, and as far as fans traveling to a nearby city that is several hours away, there is NO evidence to that proves that it is actually above 1,000. I'm sure that sometimes it is, but at other times its not. But there is actually no evidence that proves that either way, unless of course you have a list of names and address of people who came from another market which would prove your point.

4. Sorry, Pink Floyd is not a larger draw than U2. This now deceased band had two big tours in the late 80s and early 90s that largely functioned as re-union tours given that they had not properly toured since 1977. Yes, time off boost DEMAND. YOU KNOW THAT! :wink: Also, better pricing schemes for tickets, only $22.50 for many on Division Bell, while making up for that lower price with higher priced tickets near the staged allowed for inflated attendances relative to artist like U2 who were still charging a single ticket price. They also extended their 87-89 tour playing nearly 200 shows, sort of like Nickleback playing lots of shows relative to Muse right?:wink:

The Fray
Francis Winspear Centre
Edmonton, Alberta
Feb. 21, 2010
$71,164
1,550 / 1,550
1 / 1
$47.61, $36.07
Live Nation

The Fray
Calgary, Alberta
Feb. 20, 2010
$70,996
1,573 /
1 /
$47.27, $35.81
Live Nation

This shows that the Fray are a theater act in these areas. Where are the 10,000+ arena's you said they could fill?

Sorry, but playing a theater in Edmonton, and a theater in Calgary, does not make an artist an arena act in Alberta! :wink: :lmao:

And you would know this because? :lol:

That's obviously because they're concentrating on their LARGER markets that are outside of North America, genius. :applaud:

Not necessarily.

Where did I claim that?

1. Its partly a qoute from you.

2. Oh, so Muse neglected to play 40 shows in North America. Give us the schedule of these shows with attendance figures if they had chosen to play more in North America. Should be easy since your so convinced this is true.:wink:

3. You claimed that in the now closed thread for the top concerts of all time. You stated that Muse was benefiting U2 more than Nickleback benefited the Stones in 2006 because the Muse of 2009 was a larger draw than Nickleback of 2006. We now know conclusively that this is FALSE thanks to the North American tour results!

According to YOU. But in reality, it's a different story. :lol:

So I guess U2 can't draw fans on their own? :applaud:

Roughly $200,000 of the overall 360 SLC show gross will be from The Fray's draw. Which means an attendance of nearly 2,000 fans at an average price of $100. Or nearly 3,000 fans at an average price of $80, etc.

1. Average arena in a 270 configeration has a capacity of 15,000. The Average arena in a 360 configeration has a capacity of 18,500. Given those facts, if you can't pack more than 10,000 people into an arena, you can't go around saying your an arena draw. Playing to 7,500 people is not the sign your an arena act. The Wachovia Center in Philadelphia and the Verizon Center in Washington DC would be MORE THAN HALF EMPTY with just 7,500 fans in them.

2. U2 rarely play festivals on a major tour. Yes, they are playing one in the UK this year, a market that has already to some degree been exausted

3. There is absolutely no evidence of that. Your claiming that the Fray's concert demand increases when they are an opener as opposed to when they are headlining their own show! LOL :wink: :lmao: Also, Less than 10% of people who paid $15 dollars for a show would be willing to pay $100 dollars to see the same artist perform a shorter set opening for another band!

Then why did you bring it up?

ONCE AGAIN...

[/COLOR][/FONT]

1. Its $90 million VS $135 million. No BS games with THEATER LEVEL opening acts count. Your way off. period. :wink:

2. Because your prediction was wrong!

You CONVENIENTLY forgot to include this pertinent boxscore in the comparison...

The Rolling Stones
October 6 & 8, 2006
Regina, SK
Taylor Field
Gross: $10,545,286 USD
Capacity: 80,583
Attendance: Sold Out
Average Ticket Price: $130.86 USD

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

THATS NOT in Manitoba let alone Winnipeg! Come on now, your from Canada, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS! :wink:

LOL! So then what, 1,900 fans, that's still 190,000k which is the same that they grossed at THEIR OWN SHOW! Your formulas are a joke and I, along with almost everyone else here and in other forums are fully aware that you know nothing about the concert business. Your lack of knowledge is glaring:

$400 million prediction for a 100 date tour! ....... after 100 dates U2 360 will have grossed close to $680, wow that was really close
$90 million prediction for the second NA leg!.......the second NA leg will gross close to $170 million, wow almost 100% off, nice!
26k will attend SLC!......the official number will be much closer to 50k, well at least you are consistent in how wrong you are

Openers account for 10% of the U2 360 gross!.....can't provide official published information to back this embarrassing claim up but instead you use your broken formulas.

Album sales play an important role in your " concert demand" formula yet you claim that Muse have increased their demand in South America even though they haven't sold many albums???? So which is it, album sales matter or your formula is garbage LOL

All you ever bring to the conversation are "but" and "if" because all you ever have are unfounded theories and never facts ( let me remind everyone that he felt that an attendance number for the UYI tour from a fan BLOG was an official source)

And to top it all off, you have pissed off the panda and he will no doubt close this thread.

You must admit, its a nice system to have to cover ones inaccurate predictions. Openers all bringing in 10%, and strategic scheduling which will be inflated to what ever percentage is necessary to cover ones tracks.

What ever happened to simply comparing the RAW results as they come in from Billboard Boxscore? This is what Billboard Boxscore does when compiling the top artist of the year, a 6 month period of time, or of the entire decade.

Ray Waddell who is the editor for Billboard Boxscore has already said he does not think another artist will top U2 360 except for U2. Arthur Fogel has contemplated how to beat 360 but is doubtful it can be done in a realistic way. These are knowledgable experts, professionals that actually work in the industry, yet MOGGIO simply ignores them.

Either you´re the biggest moron in the history of mankind or you think we all are stupid. Nearly 2,000 is 1,900 or so, or do you have a personal definition for the word? Eitherway, 2,000, 1,900 or 1,800 is the same for argument sake. You fucked up big time again and when proved wrong for the umpteenth time you call other people ignorant when it´s the other way round. Anyone who follows these threads knows that.
As far as I´m concerned you know NOTHING about the music business.

Please moderators, stop this MADNESS.

Billboard has the following Boxscore for that Rolling Stones show:

August 23, 1994
Winnipeg, Canada
Winnipeg Stadium
GROSS: $1,720,849
ATTENDANCE: 50,397
SELLOUTS: 1
Average Ticket Price: $34.15

I don't know where they are getting 50,815 from.

The Rolling Stones have only played Winnipeg, or in fact anywhere in Manitoba, one other time in their 50 year career! Here are the results of the 2nd show they played there:

September 30, 1997
Winnipeg Canada
Winnipeg Stadium
GROSS: $1,575,160
ATTENDANCE: 34,685
SELLOUTS: 0
Average Ticket Price: $45.41

U2's GROSS tonight will be more than both Rolling Stones shows combined EVEN when adjusting for inflation!

Thanks for the correction, sometimes the media gets the stats wrong. :up:

I started this thread because if memory serves the last boxscore thread was closed due to an internet troll.

robbrecon72 said:
I started this thread because if memory serves the last boxscore thread was closed due to an internet troll.

Well hopefully we can get back on topic before the Panda closes the thread(he has shown patience) since we should be getting boxscores soon. So far all reports from Mexico, Denver, SLC & Winnipeg have been VERY encouraging.

So far the NA Leg is selling awesome. these will be sell outs on billboard for sure.

Mexico City 1
Mexico City 2
Mexico City 3
Denver
Salt Lake
Winnipeg

here are the current results for ticket sales for the next three shows.

June 1 Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium
$250 lower deck singles
$95 lower deck multiples
$95 upper deck singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 lower deck singles
$55 upper deck singles
$30 lower deck singles
$30 upper deck singles

June 4 Seattle Qwest Field
$253.5 level 1 singles
$253.5 level 2 singles