The top selling albums worldwide of 2009!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, The Fame Monster is a separate album. There ARE special editions of the Fame that include both, but The Fame Monster is its own album.

If this is the case then it sold that figure in 6 weeks, selling slightly less than Susan Boyle in the same period who was breaking all sorts of records? and where is the original "The Fame" on the charts then? GaGas album that has been one of the biggest sellers of the year is nowhere to be seen on the chart?

That figure includes The Fame, The Fame Monster, The Deluxe, Platinum, Special, Amazing and all other editions that you can think up. Regardless of whether monster is considered an abum in its own right or not, that figure must include the fame's sales too.

Brushing aside Popmartijns comments with "nah", "why on earth" and "no" are a little ignorant? Particularly when they have a point!

Last edited:
If this is the case then it sold that figure in 6 weeks, selling slightly less than Susan Boyle in the same period who was breaking all sorts of records? and where is the original "The Fame" on the charts then? GaGas album that has been one of the biggest sellers of the year is nowhere to be seen on the chart?

That figure includes The Fame, The Fame Monster, The Deluxe, Platinum, Special, Amazing and all other editions that you can think up. Regardless of whether monster is considered an abum in its own right or not, that figure must include the fame's sales too.

Brushing aside Popmartijns comments with "nah", "why on earth" and "no" are a little ignorant? Particularly when they have a point!

My comments had nothign to do with Popmartijn's comments on the situation, except to correct a popularly incorrect idea that The Fame Monster is just a special edition of The Fame. Other than that, I was more curious as to the strange way Lady Gaga's album sales are being counted. If The Fame Monster is sold as a stand-alone album, it's sales should not be figured in with sales of The Fame. Delux editions of The Fame Monster, would, I guess, need to count towards album sales of both The Fame and The Fame Monster?

Back
Top Bottom