The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adelaide should have been on a Friday or Saturday rather than a Tuesday out of work/school holidays.

Melbourne could probably have got close to Sydney's numbers if they announced that second show at the same time. You get the small number of people that would have attended both shows, and increase the chances that anyone interested in going was available on at least one of those dates,

If Adelaide was a genuine sell-out by the dictionary definition rather than manipulated figures / stage being moved forward, they would have sold closer to 45-50k tickets rather than 30k.

There's a difference between being sold out, and being "sold out", as the industry says it is. Adelaide was definitely far from sold out, lots of blocked off sections. Yes, would've benefitted from being on a Friday or Saturday. Other than Adelaide and Auckland 2, most shows were pretty much full.

I think they should've proceeded with the 2nd Melbourne show. I think that worst case scenario it would've sold about 35-40k tickets, which wouldn't have really been that bad.

Those shows in Tokyo, Seoul and Manila are pretty impressive grosses, for being in smaller indoor venues. Overall I'd call the Asian leg a success!! And while they aren't as popular in Australia as they were during Vertigo or 360, this leg was overall pretty damn successful... way better than they fared during ZooTV and Popmart in Australia/NZ.

$390.8m for the JT 2017 & 2019 tour as a whole now. Puts it neck and neck with the Vertigo tour in unadjusted grosses. Not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom